+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Let's give an opinion thread

    Alright, I saw this image and wanted to know you'se guyses take on it:

    Let's try to post and respond to images or quotes that are ambiguous. Also, always ask a question with it to direct the convo.


    So, was NDT being a pompous ass in this dialogue?

    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  2. #2

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Alright, I saw this image and wanted to know you'se guyses take on it:

    Let's try to post and respond to images or quotes that are ambiguous. Also, always ask a question with it to direct the convo.


    So, was NDT being a pompous ass in this dialogue?

    Yes, but I actually don't think he was intentionally being an ass, he's just a know it all so he couldn't let what he perceived as a factual inaccuracy stand.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  3. #3

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    We don't live on the entire planet simultaneously. Seeing the Olympics from my street IS a rare occurrence.

    IMO he was being a pompous ass. Not because he told people what was true in the face of what is false, but because he changed the scope to make someone else's true statement into a false one, just so he could correct them.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    I don't think he was pompous, I think he was responding to the idiocy of world enders. That shit gets old when everything that happens is an excuse for them to diarrhea their stupidity on everyone.

    Do you like basghetti?


    I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I don't think he was pompous, I think he was responding to the idiocy of world enders. That shit gets old when everything that happens is an excuse for them to diarrhea their stupidity on everyone.
    Ohhhhhhh Holy shit, that adds a totally different dimension to the conversation. I didn't pick up on that at all.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  6. #6

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread



    Does anyone else censor themselves on certain topics to avoid unwanted attention when posting in vulnerable places like this one?
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Does anyone else censor themselves on certain topics to avoid unwanted attention when posting in vulnerable places like this one?
    I censor myself on Facebook, but that's about it. I slip up sometimes though. One time, Silly posted something on FB and I posted a picture of a tard kid dressed as batman, and someone on his friend's list got mad at me. I ended up deleting it.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  8. #8

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    I censor myself all the time. Not necessarily on topics but on how I really feel when I read something retarded. It helps nothing for me to suddenly go "God damnit you fucking imbecile, I've seen dogs eating their own shit smarter than you are right now."

    I censor myself with people IRL too, the only person who gets the full brunt of my thoughts is Marou.

    Do you like basghetti?


    I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

  9. #9

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post


    Does anyone else censor themselves on certain topics to avoid unwanted attention when posting in vulnerable places like this one?
    No, but I'm a shut-in who works at night and does not use social media, so I don't get challenged that often.

    If I had to ride a bus to work every day with a bunch of loud mouth far-left or far-right I'd probably censor myself so as not to get shanked.

    On the other hand, at work I do not censor myself at all. I disinvited from some meetings last year after questioning my boss' boss in front of his boss lol.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    No, but I'm a shut-in who works at night and does not use social media, so I don't get challenged that often.

    If I had to ride a bus to work every day with a bunch of loud mouth far-left or far-right I'd probably censor myself so as not to get shanked.

    On the other hand, at work I do not censor myself at all. I disinvited from some meetings last year after questioning my boss' boss in front of his boss lol.
    lol, did your boss tell you that was why you were disinvited?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  11. #11

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    lol, did your boss tell you that was why you were disinvited?
    No. And they denied it.

    It turned into this pattern where they were trying to make the top guy happy in these big meetings with everyone from two shifts when they were together right around shift change. They got the order of operations wrong. They'd say a bunch of encouraging fluff FIRST and then go around the table asking us questions about what root causes needed to be addressed knowing full well the answers would be neither encouraging nor fluffy. Which is not a shot at my company or co-workers, it's just common sense. We discuss issues specifically because they haven't been solved yet or improved well enough. If everything was rainbows and unicorns we'd still be asking why the horns weren't longer and the colors weren't brighter...

    Anyway they were fine to let this go on while my answers called into question other departments/procedures until one day I directly contradicted them. The next day when I arrived there was an e-mail at the top of my inbox, sent 30min before I come in by a guy who leaves work several hours before I come in, that said they couldn't keep spending the overtime to have me stay 30min for the morning meeting. lol
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,191

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I censor myself on Facebook, but that's about it. I slip up sometimes though. One time, Silly posted something on FB and I posted a picture of a tard kid dressed as batman, and someone on his friend's list got mad at me. I ended up deleting it.

    Wuuuuuuut nigga do tell, PM me if you have to.


    On the original post, I think NDT is an asshole in that aspergers the engineer sort of way. I think he doesn't know how to look cool except contradict people and ALOT of times he's wrong and gets corrected on social media. His entire exchange in that post reminded me of this autistic fuck in LotRO the other day that felt the need to contradict and argue with me over Irish people and potatoes. Someone said something about the only reward for a quest was a potato suit that was worthless. (pretty sure that was a joke). I said it wasn't worthless because the Irish (I'm on the Euro server) go crazy over it in the auction hall. A couple of people lol'd and then some dimwit comes out and asks why the Irish would go crazy over it. A couple of people explained why before I even responded, then he/she goes on a rant about how Germans ate alot of potatoes, etc. So everyone is like jeebus dude it's one of those things you just get or you don't. You know, Irish Potato, potato famine wiped out a bunch of Irish? Still tried to argue and everyone just started ignoring him. That's what NDT reminds me of sometimes. Some fuktard that might even have his technical facts straight but just doesn't get it.

    http://hopsblog-hop.blogspot.com/201...sse-tyson.html
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 08-23-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Wuuuuuuut nigga do tell, PM me if you have to.
    It was a long ass time ago (like months), but I posted this image in response to something you said:

    Then someone on your friends was like, "THAT IS SOMEONES CHILD!!! That isn't funny!". Since I didnt want to offend anyone I deleted it.

    No. And they denied it.

    It turned into this pattern where they were trying to make the top guy happy in these big meetings with everyone from two shifts when they were together right around shift change. They got the order of operations wrong. They'd say a bunch of encouraging fluff FIRST and then go around the table asking us questions about what root causes needed to be addressed knowing full well the answers would be neither encouraging nor fluffy. Which is not a shot at my company or co-workers, it's just common sense. We discuss issues specifically because they haven't been solved yet or improved well enough. If everything was rainbows and unicorns we'd still be asking why the horns weren't longer and the colors weren't brighter...

    Anyway they were fine to let this go on while my answers called into question other departments/procedures until one day I directly contradicted them. The next day when I arrived there was an e-mail at the top of my inbox, sent 30min before I come in by a guy who leaves work several hours before I come in, that said they couldn't keep spending the overtime to have me stay 30min for the morning meeting. lol
    I've never really been in a management role. I like to think I'd do ok, but I'm pretty sure that I am way too abrasive/unforgiving of a person to do well at it. I wouldn't even have the tact to come up with some bullshit excuse like you got, I'd just probably pull you aside and say something like I hate you.
    Last edited by Zavon; 08-23-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    I saw the NDT tweet on the reddits, I think he was just trying to remind/educate people that eclipses happen 'fairly' often around the world. I would say this is mainly in response to the mass media talking about how rare it is and the last US coast to coast event was 30+ years ago. Reality is that an eclipse happens somewhere around the world every couple years, but the American media portrays the event as a once in a century thing without qualifying that information (coast to coast eclipse).

    I think he suffered from twitters character limit, and the fact that most people on social media are raving idiots. By removing the 'Calm yourself' it would've taken a lot of the 'asshole-ness' out of it.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote: "You are all pathetic. Cant wait to drive through. 4x4 with push bumper will be sweet in this crowd. I named my lifted truck 'trumper,'".

    Question to direct opinion posts: When someone makes a clear threat, is "it was a joke!" a defense?

    IMHO a threat must always be taken seriously. If someone jokes about threats and gets a serious reaction that's their problem.

    I choose this article because it happens to be a Trump supporter getting called a Nazi so I figure some of you will be inclined to defend him, but I know we've had 2nd amendment conversations that went the opposite direction when people made threats and got shot.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Quote: "You are all pathetic. Cant wait to drive through. 4x4 with push bumper will be sweet in this crowd. I named my lifted truck 'trumper,'".

    Question to direct opinion posts: When someone makes a clear threat, is "it was a joke!" a defense?

    IMHO a threat must always be taken seriously. If someone jokes about threats and gets a serious reaction that's their problem.

    I choose this article because it happens to be a Trump supporter getting called a Nazi so I figure some of you will be inclined to defend him, but I know we've had 2nd amendment conversations that went the opposite direction when people made threats and got shot.
    This is fucking hilarious because I had this exact argument during late election season with a high-school friend of mine that has gotten super conservative in the last few years. He posted something along the lines of 'If a protestor got in my way on the highway I'd just make them my new hood ornament'. I basically said, I know you're probably joking but attempted murder isn't funny. As I was being pretty salty on there at the time, but anyways of course it instantly turned to me being a liberal sympathizer because that's just how smaht this kid is.

    Anyways, I think that it is important to note that it is the employer taking action, not the government/police. As an individual you need to be aware of what you're putting out there on social media; case in point, the previous argument I spoke about devolved into one of this kids bosses (I assume, older guy super conservative) who started frothing at the mouth telling me he knew executives at facebook that would shut my page down. I called his bluff and he blocked me. Within an hour the friends post was deleted, presumably by himself. The guy in the article seems equally smart, 'Yea I wasn't actually going to do anything, I was just trying to rile people up by making it -seem- like i -might- do something, ya know?'.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 08-24-2017 at 09:25 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Quote: "You are all pathetic. Cant wait to drive through. 4x4 with push bumper will be sweet in this crowd. I named my lifted truck 'trumper,'".

    Question to direct opinion posts: When someone makes a clear threat, is "it was a joke!" a defense?

    IMHO a threat must always be taken seriously. If someone jokes about threats and gets a serious reaction that's their problem.

    I choose this article because it happens to be a Trump supporter getting called a Nazi so I figure some of you will be inclined to defend him, but I know we've had 2nd amendment conversations that went the opposite direction when people made threats and got shot.
    I'm not 100% certain that what he said wasn't a joke. It didn't really sound like an exactly clear threat to me. I took it to imply that he was going to use his car to push them out of the way if they try to block him. However, I think it is ambiguous enough to warrant maybe a visit from the police and/or a conversation with his employer. If he'd said something like, "I can't wait to run you all over, Charleston will look like a picnic when I'm done" or some shit like that, then I'd think it would be ok for him to get fired.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  18. #18

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Quote: "You are all pathetic. Cant wait to drive through. 4x4 with push bumper will be sweet in this crowd. I named my lifted truck 'trumper,'".

    Question to direct opinion posts: When someone makes a clear threat, is "it was a joke!" a defense?

    IMHO a threat must always be taken seriously. If someone jokes about threats and gets a serious reaction that's their problem.

    I choose this article because it happens to be a Trump supporter getting called a Nazi so I figure some of you will be inclined to defend him, but I know we've had 2nd amendment conversations that went the opposite direction when people made threats and got shot.
    Meh, I dunno. People talk shit like that all the time across the political spectrum. If they are stupid enough to do it on Facebook, under their real identity, right after a similar thing actually happened... Let's just say they are choosing to play the police/prosecution lottery. No sympathy.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread



    https://i.redd.it/o3h8ydosrwhz.jpg


    Question: Do you agree?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,191

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post


    https://i.redd.it/o3h8ydosrwhz.jpg


    Question: Do you agree?
    I disagree that the Civil War was fought over slavery (or primarily fought over slavery) however I definitely agree with the gist of his argument.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  21. #21

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    My position on the civil war pisses everybody off, including the author of that post.

    There were four basic moving parts. Race, slavery, geography and federal control. When the southern states seceded they only made vague references to control in general and their sovereignty and then said racist shit to justify racism, but not just any racism -they didn't treat asians, Jews or natives much better- ht specifically anti-black racism.

    Geography is irrelevant, the North was also super racist. Since they were both racist race is also irrelevant (and the author of that post is retarded, no one died for blacks as a race) in this discussion. Not only are taxes totally absent from the declarations of secession but the worst taxes cited passed PURELY because they seceded and lost their votes, and would never have passed if they hadn't. The. After secession they put a bunch of heavy ass taxes on themselves to pay for war. So federal control is out beyond the scope of one issue... one issue that required racism to justify... one issue that only applied to blacks... can you pick out what it is?

    All these whiny people who hate the confederate flag over "racism" are stupid. No black person alive today has any claim to talk shit about slavery and thinking THINKING they lost a job or became a suspect in a crime because an interviewer was racist isn't even close. Bring me a woman who escaped sex trafficking and I'll listen to her about southern monuments but they don't seem to care.

    Everyone is full of shit on this issue and there's no need for it. The southerners acted in their greatest self interest like everyone else. Their morals were only slightly worse than anyone else at the time, which is not out of proportion with the losses they would have faced suddenly losing slave labor. The end.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    DIVERSITY DESTROYS SOCIAL COHESION IN THE WEST
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/FqAIn2tMPhiC/

    Agree, disagree? Basis for either?
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,191

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    My position on the civil war pisses everybody off, including the author of that post.

    There were four basic moving parts. Race, slavery, geography and federal control. When the southern states seceded they only made vague references to control in general and their sovereignty and then said racist shit to justify racism, but not just any racism -they didn't treat asians, Jews or natives much better- ht specifically anti-black racism.

    Geography is irrelevant, the North was also super racist. Since they were both racist race is also irrelevant (and the author of that post is retarded, no one died for blacks as a race) in this discussion. Not only are taxes totally absent from the declarations of secession but the worst taxes cited passed PURELY because they seceded and lost their votes, and would never have passed if they hadn't. The. After secession they put a bunch of heavy ass taxes on themselves to pay for war. So federal control is out beyond the scope of one issue... one issue that required racism to justify... one issue that only applied to blacks... can you pick out what it is?

    All these whiny people who hate the confederate flag over "racism" are stupid. No black person alive today has any claim to talk shit about slavery and thinking THINKING they lost a job or became a suspect in a crime because an interviewer was racist isn't even close. Bring me a woman who escaped sex trafficking and I'll listen to her about southern monuments but they don't seem to care.

    Everyone is full of shit on this issue and there's no need for it. The southerners acted in their greatest self interest like everyone else. Their morals were only slightly worse than anyone else at the time, which is not out of proportion with the losses they would have faced suddenly losing slave labor. The end.
    Yeah your position is far more reasonable/logical than the mainstream version which is why people give you hell. They don't like having their textbook version challenged, especially the North because the North has always thought the Civil War made them some kind of heroic humanitarians.

    A few myths surround the Civil War and slavery:

    1. What most Civil War material also doesn't cover is that those blacks moving North often times had it worse than they did as a slave. As a slave they cost as much as a car, so contrary to popular opinion slave owners didn't go around killing and maiming slaves for shits 'n giggles. Health problems and injuries killed productivity and you don't let a 20-25k dollar car sit in the garage useless or just send it to the scrap heap when 500 bucks will get it back up and running again. When blacks went North often times they made less money than their owners spent on them when they were slaves to keep them productive. In the North factories didn't have to give a shit about them because the factory had no investment in them like slave owner, they could pay him shit and when he starved to death or died because he couldn't afford a doctor there was plenty more waiting in line for his job. (This in no way validates slavery, just a point against the great humanitarian North that gets conveniently gets left out of the official story)

    2. Blacks were not captured by whites and brought over as hostages. The blacks were already slaves in Africa, captured during tribal warfare and raids on neighboring villages by other blacks. The European slave traders used mostly Africans because they were conveniently already captured and because they were sold for cheap by European standards. Being black had nothing to do with why blacks were the most common demographic among slaves. (Yes there where Native American and even white slaves in America).

    3. Per fact number 2, there were in fact black and Native American slave owners in pre-Civil War America. As well as Native American slaves. Slavery was a term for a social condition that was not exclusive to blacks alone.

    4. Whites were slaves around the same time, just not in Europe or America were they were the dominate demographic. Starting in the 1700s whites as well as anyone else were being captured by Barbary pirates and being sold into slavery in the middle east.

    5. That the "North" was anti-slavery and the "South" was pro-slavery. More like people who made money off of slavery were pro-slavery and some who didn't make ANY money off of slavery were anti-slavery. New York, which is about as Yankee as it gets was one of the most pro-slavery cities in the nation during this time.

    6. The first threat of secession by a southern state was nearly 30 years before Lincoln ran for office and was IN FACT over taxes on import/export in the South.


    http://s124.photobucket.com/user/the...nbnni.jpg.html

    Direct fucking link because I can't get windows god damn 10 to stop being a retarded butt fuck. Text boxes and text fields on websites are another thing that have gone completely butt fucking nuts after "upgrading" to windows 10.
    Last edited by Sillywilly; 08-28-2017 at 07:49 AM.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  24. #24

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    DIVERSITY DESTROYS SOCIAL COHESION IN THE WEST
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/FqAIn2tMPhiC/

    Agree, disagree? Basis for either?
    Well I pretty much have to agree out of hand. Non-diverse does not have some affliction to which diversity is the cure. It's a nothing-lose situation if you're just trying to arbitrarily advance diversity.

    The video was ass though.

    As far as the title statement, the assertion that diversity destroys social cohesion in the west; this is just rife with logical fallacies. If there were both diversity and social cohesion then diversity alone did not break it. If there was social cohesion first and you ADDED diversity, then we're skipping the whole conversation about how that was done. If the problem is specific to the western world then why would we blame people not from the western world? No. This is a preconstructed set of words to generate appeal and make the concept seem attractive but is ultimately hollow, just like the phrase that it's criticizing. Clickbait.

    Immediately after the video starts it funnels the subjective statement by dozens of different people with different ideas at different times to one factor measure with one metric. Then does not measure it with that metric. Then transitions like a fifty year old who decides it's time to become a woman into a flurry of random studies, and the only thing justifying that these have any meaning is emphasis on the words "STUDIES" and "SCIENCE" from the otherwise monotone narrator (who is now a hypocrite, having originally dropped the "faith" bomb at the start) to arouse intellectual sluts like SillyWilly and Zavon who will take any numbers from anywhere for anything if it confirms their beliefs, which in this case is implied to be what the narrator already set up even though only the first few actually use the metric the narrator insisted upon originally. Finally it rewords known truths about how the world is divided, as if they are some kind of new point. Really? Neighboring countries have physical barriers? They disagree on shit? Amazing. This guy must have the answers.

    It gets a little better at the end, but not by it's own power. Suddenly it flips to a man making a common sense statement about unity but that's just the clip being safe, not the video it has been added to being clever. And let's be honest we never needed 16min of Ben Stein Jr. ASMR to know the people saying "diversity is our strength" had no idea what they were talking about, regardless of it it's true or not by any particular metric. It's a platitude at best and at worst code for "I'm not racist, I swear!" when said preemptively by white males with short hair and wrinkly faces.

    /rant off.



    IMHO, the problem with "diversity is our strength" is not it's content but what it replaces. The same thing his title replaces: the conversation that needs to happen about the process of immigration and integration rather than just sticking large numbers of people from incompatible cultures next to eachother and acting surprised when the poorer one starts radicalizing.

    I went to school with first gen immigrants. I live in a multi-ethnic/ethno/racial neighborhood. I stand by these things as proof of concept that they are perfectly viable. Multiculturalism is where it gets dicey because sometimes cultures differ on morals. You must decide on a set of morals and enforce it for integration to work. Even if you have problems with the adults who are set in their ways these don't last. They die and kids will turn on their parents amazingly fast if it suits their interests once they are more self aware going into their teens. They'll choose their peer-level social bonding and contracts over their parents' bullshit every time.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 08-28-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Let's give an opinion thread



    Fold or crumple?

    I personally like a fold, I feel like it givers better hand to butt protection.

    Do you like basghetti?


    I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts