+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: WOW Sticky Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Interesting and I still have my balance druid. I just HATED the dungeons I did in WoW. I now understand noobs in FF14 dungeons. Well fuck, I uninstalled WoW at some point...
    Yeah, with the level scaling they made the dungeons harder... but, if we can get a core group going it won't be a problem. Especially with the catacombs discord we already have. The "War Mode" patch won't come out til around the 14th of next month (or so they are saying). However, the game is free to play for everyone til the 24th (weekend). And, I'll still buy you guys all the base game if you decide you want to give it a go.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

I have the weekend off and it's supposed to be shitty and rainy. Guess what this guy is doing?...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    I have the weekend off and it's supposed to be shitty and rainy. Guess what this guy is doing?...
    Play alliance like a pansy?
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Sweet maybe we can all get together at some point.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Also, Aeinna does it let you make a Demon Hunter? I am curious if it will allow it.

I'm tempted to swap my shaman over to a horde server, but I have some dirty horde 100s that I can be leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Also, Aeinna does it let you make a Demon Hunter? I am curious if it will allow it.
    I have no idea, I can check but not sure how much I will play this weekend. We going to be gone almost all day tomorrow into the night. When does it end Sunday?

Edit:

Nope, Demon Hunter doesn't even show up.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Damn

So, I've been playing WoW on the PTR. The 8.0 Battle for Azeroth pre-patch is going to be quite controversial. The combat has been slowed down noticeably, I'd say at least 25-35% for basically every class except enhancement shaman and Demon Hunters. I don't love or hate it yet, I'm not sure how I feel about it. The game feels a bit more like FF14. After 14 years its going to take some getting used to...

I'm thinking I might have to switch over to alliance for this expansion. As much as I love horde, there are now: Void Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Kul Tiran humans (which seem to be based heavily on Celtic lore) now, and I find all three of those more appealing than Nightborne and Upright Trolls. It doesn't help that I went through the PTR and thought the Horde story was a bit shit, etiher.

The whole Sylvanas arc is quite contrived in my opinion, just the whole idea of it.

I love alliance for humans and their pvp and rep racials. Shadowmeld is a nice de-threat too. Now void elves with guarded channeling and a mini-blink.

The whole Sylvanas arc is quite contrived in my opinion, just the whole idea of it.

I love alliance for humans and their pvp and rep racials. Shadowmeld is a nice de-threat too. Now void elves with guarded channeling and a mini-blink.
    It makes no fucking sense. I ran through it just the other day. Azerite is discovered. It "changes everything". So, Sylvanas launches a pre-emptive attack on Teldrassil and Northshore to keep the Alliance, our allies in defeating the Legion, with the aim of killing Malfurion to "demoralize" the Alliance. Fucking Malfurion. The sleepy nigga that doesn't do much of shit to or for anybody. Then, the quest line has you go and kill a bunch of fucking bear people that just happen to be in the vicnity, and the giant tree is burned down. Wa la. War is started for no good god damn reason.

But then again man, the writing has pretty much been shit since WoW launched.

Meh. I have one of everything at 110 on the horde side. I play the game a lot of times to make money, so even though I'd like to do alliance I probably won't.

It's finally fucking happened you guys!

After 14 years!

Is.

About.

To.

Become.

THIS:

Prepatch hits tomorrow changing everything in WoW.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285627/b...guide-giveaway

I've already tested a lot of the changes to the classes on the PTR. It's going to be different, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Prepatch hits tomorrow changing everything in WoW.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285627/b...guide-giveaway

I've already tested a lot of the changes to the classes on the PTR. It's going to be different, that's for sure.
    War Mode is live apparently, I didn't think it would roll out till expansion.

War Mode is live apparently, I didn't think it would roll out till expansion.
    Yeah I still haven't got around to trying it yet. I've been busy trying to relearn everything first.

With the new warmode on this dude made a video killing players with his knockback effect and an item that dismounts players for 10 seconds. Its fucking hillarious:

Edit:

Now, for something a little more serious. The first of the Warbringers is out. For those who don't know or remember the lore, Jania Proudmoore is an alliance mage from Kul Tiras. In the events of Warcraft 3, she betrayed her father (Admiral Proudmoore) because he savagely attacked the horde. She thought he was in the wrong, and he ended up dying as a result of her betrayal. Then, during the events of Mists of Pandaria, the horde dropped the equivalent of a thermo nuclear mana bomb on the city of Theramore. It was unprovoked, killed a shit load of people and almost killed her. Since then she's been out for blood against the horde, because she realized that siding with the side of Peace was a mistake. The player base has been wondering what she's up to all this time.

This video shows us what to expect in BFA:

Last edited by Zavon; 07-23-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Some updates on 8.0 for those interested:

1. The base game now includes Legion. This means if you were to play now, you'd be experiencing all the content as everyone else until BFA releases on August 14, including Demon Hunters.

2. They have World Quests up in Dark shore now that drop gear BETTER than LFR tier shit. The lowest item level is 210 AND its titan forged. I got a chest on an alt for 235. You only have to do the quest chain once, then you can hit "skip" on your 110 alts to go directly to the WQs. Its AWESOME for gearing up toons.

DRAMA, Oh DRAMA for fucking days!

So, a year ago at the last blizzcon it was announced that the Night elf homeland gets burned down to the ground as the war between the horde and alliance ramps up.

Since then, blizzard has kept it tight and under wraps about how it happens. People have been speculating on it nonstop.

Well, today, the cinematic was revealed and people are FUCKING pissed. It's been hysterical to see the forums and even twitch streamers lose their shit over it.

Enjoy:

Launch today will be at 5:00 p.m. central time. I'm pumped! FOR THE HORDE!!!!

My wife had to leave for a conference the day of the expansion for a week. I haven't been able to put as much time as I'd like into it, but I'm loving it so far.

I have Fri/Sat off and plan to be disgusting in my playtime, but the few hours I've put in have been nice.

I actually think I might like this version of the artifact/char customization model. The artifact itself just grows stronger and has no 'talent' tree, meanwhile items you get can have bonuses based on your artifact level.

Presented without comment: