+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I'm not positive yet, but I think some of the dialog you get from characters is dependent upon your alignment and choices in game. For instance, I did a evil run and Jaethal was a chatter box telling me about all kinds of stuff. Now, I'm doing a neutral good run and she has nothing to say to me.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

I got it, am happy with it so far, love the customization. THough I have no knowledge of the system so I feel like choices may haunt me later.

I think they re-balanced some of the encounters. I just fought that treant at the temple and it went down super fast.

I got it, am happy with it so far, love the customization. THough I have no knowledge of the system so I feel like choices may haunt me later.
    Yeah it's a nice feeling knowing your choices matter isn't it? It's a sensation I actually miss in an RPG. I think Aeinna hit the nail on the head with her comparison to NWN. I'm really impressed with this as a debut game.

What did you decide to start off with class and race?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

I'm trying a chaotic neutral rogue in the vein of Wit/Hoid from sanderson, or at least something similar to him, rogue high in speech/perception/wisdom/lore/trickery not so great in combat but eh, curious to see what the game has to offer.

Game makes me realize how hard it can be to sit down and accomplish stuff with all the story, which is fine, I'm probably still really early into the game. Looks to be a long/wide game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    I'm trying a chaotic neutral rogue in the vein of Wit/Hoid from sanderson, or at least something similar to him, rogue high in speech/perception/wisdom/lore/trickery not so great in combat but eh, curious to see what the game has to offer.

Game makes me realize how hard it can be to sit down and accomplish stuff with all the story, which is fine, I'm probably still really early into the game. Looks to be a long/wide game too.
    Have you never played D&D?

Cause I ain't heard of no rogue needing more than base wis...ever. Dex, con and str are the most important stats unless you want use magic device and or int for all the skill points. They are not an easy class to make right. Monks fall into that category as well. Feats are very important and as any melee class, I would think it is important to be minimum 13 str and dex, shooting for 16 str if you got wiggle room. You can make or break a character by spending your ability points wrong, taking the wrong feats and multiclassing badly.

Granted, I don't play rogues so maybe I am missing something but it sounds like you did your character a dirty. Which happens, I still make fucked up characters sometimes, all about experimentation.

Edit: While rpg's like this allow tons of weird class building that can work and work well, there is some stuff that will always be useless depending on what you picked. You will never make a wiz/sorc with wisdom, barbarians and rangers wont use charisma (outside of a couple of points if you are dead set on persuasion), etc etc. Same goes with feats. I wont be taking whirlwind on my sorc, even with 14 dex, because it is useless. The one problem D&D and Pathfinder suffer from, is most classes are not new player friendly. You could probably derp your way through with a fighter or wizard but that is about it. Even sorcerers are difficult, if you don't understand what spells are useful long term.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 10-01-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

I just basically figured I'd be re-rolling eventually so I wanted to see if I could do anything interesting with high lore knowledge and checks, and wis helps with CC checks as well as the lore/knowledge.

Wanted to see if I could break some of the conversation things too, I feel I did get some interesting results through the intro with some high Wis/Chrsm

I just basically figured I'd be re-rolling eventually so I wanted to see if I could do anything interesting with high lore knowledge and checks, and wis helps with CC checks as well as the lore/knowledge.

Wanted to see if I could break some of the conversation things too, I feel I did get some interesting results through the intro with some high Wis/Chrsm
    Wis only affects religion, nature and perception but you don't need any of those, because your party can do those checks for you in most cases. Even with base wis 10, I can still pass 30% of them myself.

There will be different results throughout the whole game depending on what you picked. I'm also not sure what results you think you'd get with high wis in conversations? Charisma is for conversations but it still doesn't need to be high.

Guess my point is, like I said, you can make some funky builds but you still have to stay somewhat in the parameters of the class you picked. The closest thing to a wis rogue would be a dual welding ranger, they just don't get use magic device and sneak attacks. Though I am pretty sure there is a ranger prestige class that does, if memory is being correct (not in game, at least yet).
    Last edited by Aeinna; 10-02-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

To the extent that effects dialogue it would just become more similar to how it plays out with a naturally high WIS/CHA, eg. - cleric/paladin. Since I have bad altitus I've redone Act 1 & 2 with several classes. The difference in dialogue options between a 10 WIS 10 CHA Wizard and an 18 WIS, 14 CHA Cleric is minimal if not nonexistent. Yeah, the cleric is more likely to pass a persuasion check, but not by much - and you can always save scum if you want. What choices you have available in conversation don't seem attribute or skill based; the order and timing in which you do things are vastly more impactful than any dialogue skill checks.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Going to rant.

On the main owlcat page:

COMPANION FOCUSED STORY
    Experience the adventure alongside living and breathing companions, each with deep stories and decisions of their own. Love them, adore them or hate them for who they are.

WHERE NIGGERS?! I just finished chapter three and still fucking nothing. They do not talk to each other, do not talk to me, barely speak up about anything I've done or what has happened. This is playing like a game where you create a party at the beginning and they aren't really companions. You can say a whole hell of a lot about rpg's the last several years that had companions, like Dragon Age (excluding the first one, still a great game) and PoE but they actually had companions that at least in some way, felt like companions. They bicker with each other, always comment on whats going, even in DA had decent quests about them.

This is NOT what they god damn promised. This is the games biggest flaw and really disappoints me. One of my favorite, if not favorite, part of crpg's, is the companions. This is fucking a disgrace when your front page claims different than what is delivered.

Maybe its a bug or maybe they really think they did a good job. Either way, it fucking sucks right now. I could solo the game and miss nothing.