+ Reply to Thread

Default Freaking Destiny 2

It keeps trying to get me to bite. I have a few question if anyone knows.

1. Will this be played on a secure server?
    2. Is it actually an MMORPG? Or is it instanced play like the first one with a couple of random strangers showing up in the same instance?
    3. Is it buy to play or will it have a sub of some kind?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Default Re: Freaking Destiny 2

1) IIRC there were articles about the PC version NOT having dedicated servers. Also it's aim helper for consoles was getting a lot of negative feedback during the beta/demo on PC for being too helpful to players in PvP. I don't think getting it on PC for PvP is a good idea. PvE worked flawlessly for me during the beta/demo though.

2) No. It the same as The Division AFAIK. Some open world bits and random matchmaking but not really MMO. It gets compared because it has e MMORPG features like raids, events, boss mechanics, loot tiers, etc.

3) Buy, but they're already planning expansions and DLC's that will cost money and selling "season pass" deals. It's a wallet grabber.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    1) IIRC there were articles about the PC version NOT having dedicated servers. Also it's aim helper for consoles was getting a lot of negative feedback during the beta/demo on PC for being too helpful to players in PvP. I don't think getting it on PC for PvP is a good idea. PvE worked flawlessly for me during the beta/demo though.

2) No. It the same as The Division AFAIK. Some open world bits and random matchmaking but not really MMO. It gets compared because it has e MMORPG features like raids, events, boss mechanics, loot tiers, etc.

3) Buy, but they're already planning expansions and DLC's that will cost money and selling "season pass" deals. It's a wallet grabber.

Ahhh ok. Well I think you talked me out of it lol. I don't touch shit that doesn't have secure servers with a ten foot pole.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Ahhh ok. Well I think you talked me out of it lol. I don't touch shit that doesn't have secure servers with a ten foot pole.
    You have consoles though right? You can get it on consoles right now.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.