+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legend of Aria

Hybrid View

Default Legend of Aria

I saw this on the youtubes:

It isn't really the kind of game I like to play, but I know a lot of you guys played Ultima back in the day and thought you might be interested.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Default Re: Legend of Aria

I'm actually interested in this. I bookmarked the website and will be checking in on it.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

I'm trying it.

Been feeling like a lite MMO but no desire to play real MMO's like FFXIV or BDO. Star Citizen still runs like ass in public areas and the NPC's are nigh invulnerable. I had been playing Conan Exiles but that became nearly unplayable for me in the latest patch.

Diablo's bastard child with Skyrim sounds like fun.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I'm trying it.

Been feeling like a lite MMO but no desire to play real MMO's like FFXIV or BDO. Star Citizen still runs like ass in public areas and the NPC's are nigh invulnerable. I had been playing Conan Exiles but that became nearly unplayable for me in the latest patch.

Diablo's bastard child with Skyrim sounds like fun.
    Are you a beta tester? Or is it out in some capacity? You care to review it a little?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

About what you'd expect. ultra simple, ultra slow MMORPG with an ARPG camera.

Old school make fire -> kill mobs -> return to fire to get mana/hp/stamina back.

Controls/QoL stuff seems intentionally shitty, like having to click items on the shelves in shops to buy them and needing reagents to cast spells. There does NOT seem to be durability or repairing though and that made my day.

EDIT-- NM... my chest armor now says "slightly worn" under it. Probably going to have to repair it.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Nigger I been trying to get you to play WoW. They go so much shit you can do in that game, you have no ideas.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Nigger I been trying to get you to play WoW. They go so much shit you can do in that game, you have no ideas.
    Yeah but it's WoW.

No matter what you do, you're still playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Yeah but it's WoW.

No matter what you do, you're still playing WoW.
    That doesn't mean anything! Also, I saw this amusing fight on the warframe forums on reddit about whether or not a warframe can be genderfluid or some shit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/co...by_me/do6km9g/

Uh... yeah that guy is retarded... the lore states explicitly that the warframes are specific characters with specific genders. You play an operator (psychic space kid, looks like 15ish years old?) which you can choose the gender of, and you control the characters remotely. Unlocking some of the frames even involves quests and lore that constantly refer to them as him/her.

Since you recreate the characters through crafting I guess one could sort of roleplay that they had taken liberties in the crafting process but the game won't reflect that at all obviously. No different than reading American Gods and pretending Shadow is a girl or playing Tomb Raider and pretending Lara is a man.

Getting this was a mistake. It says final alpha but I hope that's not true, or at least the beta build will change dramatically. Mobs stand and stare at you while you attack them at range. Basic shit was left out of the last controls/ui update apparently, like cooking meat over a campfire simply can't be done as far as I can tell. Coal and Iron come from the same resource nodes, but at a retarded ratio that leaves you holding tons and tons of iron ore you can't do anything with due to lack of coal to smelt it.

Damnit. I have off one more night. I need something to play.