+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blizzcon News

Default Blizzcon News

Starcraft:

Starcraft is going to be F2P starting Nov. 14. You get the first campagin of the game completely for free. If you already own it, you get the second one for free.

Hearthstone:

New expansion next month, with a single player "dungeon run mode" that is F2P. They've managed to insert a little magic of D&D into the card game.

Overwatch:

New character, Moira that is a healer. Also, a Theme park map of blizzcon (looks really gay).

WoW :

-- Classic Vanilla Server at some point soon

-- New Expansion: The battle for Azeroth

The Expac is focused on the two sides fighting each other. 6 new subraces that you can unlock via the main campaign.

A revamped leveling experience with a lot of level scaling. For instance, you can spend levels 60-80 in EITHER Outland or Northrend, up to you how you want to level. The horde completely takes over Kalimdor, the Alliance gets the eastern kingdoms. Talidrassil (the night elf area) is burned down to the ground. Lorderon (the undead area) is retaken by the alliance.

Get a free 110 character. Warfronts are a thing, some kind of 20 vs 20 play battleground that focuses on assisting your army to win an objective.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Default Re: Blizzcon News

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Starcraft:

Starcraft is going to be F2P starting Nov. 14. You get the first campagin of the game completely for free. If you already own it, you get the second one for free.

Hearthstone:

New expansion next month, with a single player "dungeon run mode" that is F2P. They've managed to insert a little magic of D&D into the card game.

Overwatch:

New character, Moira that is a healer. Also, a Theme park map of blizzcon (looks really gay).

WoW :

-- Classic Vanilla Server at some point soon

-- New Expansion: The battle for Azeroth

The Expac is focused on the two sides fighting each other. 6 new subraces that you can unlock via the main campaign.

A revamped leveling experience with a lot of level scaling. For instance, you can spend levels 60-80 in EITHER Outland or Northrend, up to you how you want to level. The horde completely takes over Kalimdor, the Alliance gets the eastern kingdoms. Talidrassil (the night elf area) is burned down to the ground. Lorderon (the undead area) is retaken by the alliance.

Get a free 110 character. Warfronts are a thing, some kind of 20 vs 20 play battleground that focuses on assisting your army to win an objective.
    Fuck those WoW details sound good.. but I have no faith in them to implement it properly T_T.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Fuck those WoW details sound good.. but I have no faith in them to implement it properly T_T.
    Here's what I know so far.

All of the original zones will be level scaled so you can go to whatever zone you want til 60. Then at 60, you can go to either Northrend or Outland until 80. At 80 you can do either Cataclysm zones or MOP until 90.

The subraces get unlocked from the main campaign. Once you unlock them you can then make a new character at level 20 of that subrace.

The alliance is getting: Dark Iron Dwarves, Void Elves (Think blood elves that use the void instead of the sunwell), and Lightforged Draeni (the Draeni from Argus).

The horde is getting: The nightboren (From Suramar), Highmountain Tauren (from High Mountain) and Zandalari Trolls.

Over the course of the expansion they will be revealing new and more subraces for each faction. EDIT: Also, the leveling changes are coming in 7.3 (in like a month) not in the next expac.
    Last edited by Zavon; 11-03-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Warfont = WoW PvP MOBA?
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Warfont = WoW PvP MOBA?
    Yeah thats probably somewhat accurate. This is what they had on wowhead about it:\

Warfronts
    - These is a 20 player cooperative mode that occurs on the home front
    - It's an all out war; Horde vs. Alliance, Human vs. Orc, Red vs. Blue
    Eastern Kingdoms
    - The Alliance have control of the Eastern Kingdoms
    - Undercity lies in ruins
    - The fight will continue in the Arathi Highlands
    - The first Warfront will be Warfront: Stromgarde
    Gameplay
    - The first thing you're going to do it establish a base
    - After that, you have to gather resources and take territories
    - Then you can build your base - You can build an armory, a barracks and more! They want to keep the tech tree as similar to the original Warcraft III tech tree.
    - Players will collect their own resources and can deposit it in the building they wish to build. When the building has enough resources, it will automatically be built by Peons.
    - You then have to create an army and you need to lead that army into battle to take down the opposing Commander.
    - You'll need to both attack and defend in order to win.
    - Different Commanders may have different upgraded troops: A dwarven commander may have upgraded Rifleman, but a human commander may have upgraded Knights.
    - There's also random events like a Goblin merchant who may offer to pay some materials.

Edit:

I should note with this, one of the things they were bragging about at blizzcon was the new updated smarter AI. I don't have any details on it, but supposedly they want to take mobs into the next generation with difficulty and planning.
    Last edited by Zavon; 11-04-2017 at 08:47 AM.

I had just cancelled by sub then end of Sept. I returned for about 3 months but it is hard to find a decent guild these days. Left the server I had played on since release, Emerald Dream. With all this news, I am itching to play again.

I had Aeinna playing with me for a while and that was really nice. Right now, I'm mostly just logging in to farm gold. I'll probably keep doing that until the subraces are released and the raid finder Antorus is released.