+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anyone here had anxiety/panic attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    But mah Diversity.

This is exactly why I have no interest in buying into the health insurance pyramid scheme. Minimum essential coverage. If it weren't for the ACA I'd just have nothing. I haven't seen a doctor or had a major issue (aside from major illness like sinus infection, but nigga we just deal with it I don't need a doctor to tell me to rest and that I have an infection) in over 5 years. Maybe I'll drop dead tomorrow but at least I'm not buying into the stupidity that has become the American healthcare system.
    For true. You can't even do shit about a sinus infection anyways. I had a bad once recently, they just gave me antibiotics, and it still took a fucking month to go away. Benadryl and Tylenol and a humidifer was all i needed.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    For true. You can't even do shit about a sinus infection anyways. I had a bad once recently, they just gave me antibiotics, and it still took a fucking month to go away. Benadryl and Tylenol and a humidifer was all i needed.
    Bruh, Mucinex and just blow my nose all god damn day.

It makes it worse but it gets it the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Bruh, Mucinex and just blow my nose all god damn day.

It makes it worse but it gets it the fuck out.
    Don't work for me for some reason. Same with netty pots.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Apparently I have mitral regurgitation.
    Heart stuff suuuucks. Hope you can find someone really good if/when you need surgery.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Don't work for me for some reason. Same with netty pots.
    Yeah, Guaifenesin is the most shitty drug anyone has ever come up with. Just makes me cough and expel nothing. I hate this drug, and wish people would stop adding it to *cough suppressants*. Defeats the entire purpose of the damn thing.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Yeah, Guaifenesin is the most shitty drug anyone has ever come up with. Just makes me cough and expel nothing. I hate this drug, and wish people would stop adding it to *cough suppressants*. Defeats the entire purpose of the damn thing.
    Unless you like eating boogers. Maybe that's the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Heart stuff suuuucks. Hope you can find someone really good if/when you need surgery.
    Thanks man. I'm definitely in no love affair with the medical industry right now but the cardiologist that saw me last time did do my dads surgery when he had a heart attack and my old man is still around so I guess he's a good one to gamble on if it comes down to that.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Soooo........I met with the doctor. He said my echo showed normal ejection fraction or whatever. The valve regurgitation was "mild". So he referred me to a cardiologist. Cardiologist calls me (his nurse), says he pulled my echo, said the thing was completely normal that everyone had "mild" regurgitation. Said the echo even said "normal echo" at the bottom lol. So I'm back to square one. Assuming it's anxiety.

I'm on generic Prozac under the watch of another doctor for awhile to see if that takes care of it by treating anxiety. I actually think I'm partially having some digestive troubles that are causing it. I've gone from farting 12 times a day to farting like maybe 3 times tops. Which is waaaaaay below average. But I'm belching exponentially more. I also noticed I had a "distended" stomach on my cat scan. Which means I had excessive gas in my stomach after not being allowed to eat for darn near 18 hours before the scan. I'm wondering if I don't have some kind of digestive problem that's creating gas in my stomach that's putting pressure on my diaphragm/vagus nerve and abdominal aorta causing some of my symptoms which trigger the anxiety. All I can do is laugh. This crap has been weird and EXPENSIVE lol.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Soooo........I met with the doctor. He said my echo showed normal ejection fraction or whatever. The valve regurgitation was "mild". So he referred me to a cardiologist. Cardiologist calls me (his nurse), says he pulled my echo, said the thing was completely normal that everyone had "mild" regurgitation. Said the echo even said "normal echo" at the bottom lol. So I'm back to square one. Assuming it's anxiety.

I'm on generic Prozac under the watch of another doctor for awhile to see if that takes care of it by treating anxiety. I actually think I'm partially having some digestive troubles that are causing it. I've gone from farting 12 times a day to farting like maybe 3 times tops. Which is waaaaaay below average. But I'm belching exponentially more. I also noticed I had a "distended" stomach on my cat scan. Which means I had excessive gas in my stomach after not being allowed to eat for darn near 18 hours before the scan. I'm wondering if I don't have some kind of digestive problem that's creating gas in my stomach that's putting pressure on my diaphragm/vagus nerve and abdominal aorta causing some of my symptoms which trigger the anxiety. All I can do is laugh. This crap has been weird and EXPENSIVE lol.
    Get some good probiotics. Stomach bacteria being fucked up can cause all sorts of shit. I'm taking them daily after having gas of doom (felt like I was dying for a week). Getting old is fucking grand, ain't it?
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Get some good probiotics. Stomach bacteria being fucked up can cause all sorts of shit. I'm taking them daily after having gas of doom (felt like I was dying for a week). Getting old is fucking grand, ain't it?
    I agree. It sits at the top of your stomach and forms a band around your body that works its way into your shoulders. Belching is the only thing that relieves it, not farting. We figured out some of our food triggers that causes it, like lots of dairy.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Im inclined to agree with you guys. I think mine might be gluten related as several of my worst episodes came after eating pasta dishes or wheat heavy meals. So Im going to be doing the gluten free thing as much as possible for awhile along with the anxiety thing to see how that goes.

Don't go all in on the gluten free, avoid it if you want but I'd give the biotics a shot first.

You're probably not wrong on the whole culmination of different things causing the anxiety / heart irregularity. It's plausible some doctor might hear something from an anxious heart and not from a more relaxed one based on your state of mind at the exam. Not sure if been discussed but when feeling symptoms attempt conscious breathing and checking hydration just got me down from a kind of panic attack. If physical is turning up negative, a lot of stress/anxiety is mental, not external so any type of focused relaxation should help symptoms IMO.