+ Reply to Thread

Default DAoC limited F2P comining in fall of 2018

http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/...dless-conquest

"We’re thrilled to announce a new way for players to experience Dark Age of Camelot’s iconic realm vs realm warfare for free with Dark Age of Camelot: Endless Conquest!
    The Endless Conquest will be a new account type that allows players to enjoy Dark Age of Camelot through level 50 (and beyond) for free, without a paid subscription, forever. Endless Conquest players will be able to level all the way to 50 on a limited selection of classes, participate fully in RvR, and earn Master Levels, Champion Levels, and Realm Rank – to a point.
    The Endless Conquest is coming Fall 2018 and we couldn’t be more excited. While permanently free, there are limitations involved with the Endless Conquest accounts such as character slots, leveling rates, house ownership, item trade and storage, being limited to Ywain and Gaheris servers only, and more. Please visit our FAQ for the full details we have so far, and please continue to check as new information on this exciting new development will be added as we move into the new year."

I don't know about you guys but I will definitely be creating one of those accounts.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Default Re: DAoC limited F2P comining in fall of 2018

I probably will as well. I usually sub for a month or two each year just to mess around, free is better.

They added a cash shop to buy 'mithril', so they may be working on a larger transition to freemium.

Default Re: DAoC limited F2P comining in fall of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    I probably will as well. I usually sub for a month or two each year just to mess around, free is better.

They added a cash shop to buy 'mithril', so they may be working on a larger transition to freemium.
    I was wondering about that. I think though in order for that game to catch on in any capacity they are going to have to fix the UI. No one that didn't start out playing that game originally is going to do all that /macro 1 2 3 stuff just to bind keys to the hotbar. If they will create a UI that will function like more modern games I think it will have an exponentially higher chance of catching on.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon