+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 257
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Seriously, wtf peoples!

    I have a question for y'all. Do you get scared by movies and or books? I'm listening to a podcast about two men, older than us, talking about watching current horror movies and getting scared by them. They mention there family and friends who also get scared by them and i'm just like, whut? Is it because they can suspend their disbelief and see it as real?

    I don't believe that there could be a movie made that would actually scare me. Now, I hate torture porn, but that is simply because its gross.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Seriously, wtf peoples!

    I have a question for y'all. Do you get scared by movies and or books? I'm listening to a podcast about two men, older than us, talking about watching current horror movies and getting scared by them. They mention there family and friends who also get scared by them and i'm just like, whut? Is it because they can suspend their disbelief and see it as real?

    I don't believe that there could be a movie made that would actually scare me. Now, I hate torture porn, but that is simply because its gross.
    The only 'scary' thing about scary movies is the sounds/music, as they'll just get you with a loud screech or something after a bunch of ominous music. I think the 'scariest' movie I've seen is The Omen, its a great movie too(original better).

    Books scary? Nah.

    And being dead? Nah, I'm just being entirely anti-social.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    The Omen eh? I think the remake sucked but the original is really good. Didn't scare me though. Last movie to make me feel uneasy was One Missed call, the Japanese version. Which was almost 12 years ago. The last movie to truly scare me was Hellraiser when I was a child.

    The only thing that has made me feel anything close since was Erased, which is a anime we watched a couple of years. Didn't scare me but it did have me feeling tense.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    The last horror movie that disturbed me was American Werewolf in London, I was under 7 I think when I saw it.

    Since then a few movies have been able to at least give me a vague unease.

    1. I felt uneasy after watching the first Final Destination film. This may have had something to do with the fact that I caught a midnight showing on a weekday and was walking back to my apartment at night in the city.

    2. One Missed Call (japanese version) also induced paranoia. I refused to watch whatever stupid Americanized remake they came out with.

    3. Necromentia. An indie film, it wasn't scary or even what I'd call a "good movie", but parts of it made me uncomfortable, and that's got to count for something. It's the only thing that's come out in the last 10 years I'd throw on the list.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  5. #5

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Seriously, wtf peoples!
    I have fallen into a bad habit of checking the site from my phone, then I don't want to reply from my tiny phone screen, then I get home like ten hours later and my catacombs new posts tab just says "no new posts" and I just close it without thinking back.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I have a question for y'all. Do you get scared by movies and or books?
    No. Never. Sometimes gore makes me cringe and jump scares startle me, but I don't get nightmares or feel terrified. I never go to the theater for horror though because of the retarded shit they pull with the music. I'm really susceptible to that stuff. I forget what movie it was but I had to walk out one time because the loud ass pounding tension building music was messing with my heart rate and breathing. I only get horror movies online so I can mute them.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    At this point we should make this is the randumb thread and try to put at least one random bullshit post in it a day so we know everyone else is alive and kickin.

    I woke up with 90's Jpop stuck in my head. No idea how that happened.

    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs




    I discovered this cover recently and I fucking love it.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 02-11-2018 at 06:56 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Watching people of average intelligence with no eloquence debate is mildly embarrassing.

    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    I've been sick for like three fucking months now, no lie. I've had a stomach flu virius, temporary insanity, a sinus infection that lasted over a month, and last saturday my kid brought home RSV right after I finally got over the fucking sinus infection she brought and now I'm sick as a dog all over again. AND I HAVE ANOTHER SHIT BABY COMING IN A MONTH OR SO FUCK MY LIFE>
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,250

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I've been sick for like three fucking months now, no lie. I've had a stomach flu virius, temporary insanity, a sinus infection that lasted over a month, and last saturday my kid brought home RSV right after I finally got over the fucking sinus infection she brought and now I'm sick as a dog all over again. AND I HAVE ANOTHER SHIT BABY COMING IN A MONTH OR SO FUCK MY LIFE>
    LOL we should hold each other and cry alot. My wife had a kidney stone, teh day after her operation I made my 1st of 2 visits to the ER, have had 2 doctors visits and will see a cardiologist Wednesday this week. Both my kids had the flu last week and now the wife and I both have either the flue or the crud coming on. 2018 is taking a giant crap on us so far.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    LOL we should hold each other and cry alot. My wife had a kidney stone, teh day after her operation I made my 1st of 2 visits to the ER, have had 2 doctors visits and will see a cardiologist Wednesday this week. Both my kids had the flu last week and now the wife and I both have either the flue or the crud coming on. 2018 is taking a giant crap on us so far.
    Knock on wood, but I am so glad I haven't added the flu to my list of shitty shit. I recently went up to Walgreens and got a vaccine for it. I don't think I could take that on top of everything else.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Hope y'all feel better soon!

    Twice in one youtube video I've heard so far today:

    This lamp is rechargeable, i'm not sure how it works cause I haven't worked it out.

    This is either Chinese or Mandarin.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  14. Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    ...at least one random bullshit post in it a day so we know everyone else is alive and kickin.
    Hey! not all of my posts are bullshit!!!
    To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

  15. #15

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Sometimes I enjoy expressing support for socialistic policies from a white nationalist perspective, just to fuck with people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    A minimum wage of 15$ on a national scale would have very interesting effects on the economy. The initial effect is that it would push a bunch of minorities in cities off welfare and vastly increase the disposable income of rural whites.

    It would also improve my experience ordering fast food since the people who are currently employed in the places around me are far too stupid to be worthy of 15$/hour and would be replaced by (now cost effective) automated ordering kiosks as they have been in cities like Portland.

    I'd fully support it, as long as it's combined with trade protectionism to trap manufacturers here and prevent them moving overseas.

    -Random musing-

    In theory I don't see why you couldn't use a dynamic minimum wage law tied to cost of living to ensure population density didn't get too high in cities.

    The cost of doing business in the city would become catastrophically high if too many people moved there, which would force service/goods businesses (groceries, clothing, etc) out of the area. This would cause people to move out, which would lower population density/cost of living, and thus minimum wage.

    It'd be a growth speed cap on the city. Useful if you don't want economic activity to concentrate too much in cities, and want to bring jobs out of the cities and into suburbia and rural america.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs


  17. #17

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs





    Now I'm in orchestra land on youtube and I don't mind at all.

    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  18. #18

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Random science musing: the implications of male microchimerism in the human female are fascinating. There are many studies that are peer reviewed. The fact that evidence of telegony has also been observed and documented is a bit terrifying.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3458919/

    tldr: The sexual history of the woman you marry is of importance. Also, if she carries your son you can infect her brain with male DNA, causing her to produce some male brain matter. Could this be why older women with sons are more conservative? I suspect most future research will be done largely by Asians because of Euro/US academia's infestation with Marxist politics; being ideologically averse to research which can show negative consequences resulting from female promiscuity.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Random science musing: the implications of male microchimerism in the human female are fascinating. There are many studies that are peer reviewed. The fact that evidence of telegony has also been observed and documented is a bit terrifying.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3458919/

    tldr: The sexual history of the woman you marry is of importance. Also, if she carries your son you can infect her brain with male DNA, causing her to produce some male brain matter. Could this be why older women with sons are more conservative? I suspect most future research will be done largely by Asians because of Euro/US academia's infestation with Marxist politics; being ideologically averse to research which can show negative consequences resulting from female promiscuity.
    But research showing how each male born after the first is more likely to be gay is AOK!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    "..., we did not detect male DNA in the frontal lobe and the putamen, and found the highest prevalence in the medulla. "

    Not playing expert, but skimming this interesting article I see that it mostly affects the medulla. This makes sense given where it is physically. Looking at what the Medulla does I'm not sure it would make a woman conservative. It might explain why they sometimes go short, wide and annoying though. And I sure hope "AD" isn't Autoimmune Disease, because the idea of getting pregnant causing that via reaction to the presence of the microshimerisms is really saddening. I already learned last year that pregnancy-related hormones are basically carcinogens. Fuck nature man. WTF.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 02-19-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  22. #22

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    "..., we did not detect male DNA in the frontal lobe and the putamen, and found the highest prevalence in the medulla. "

    Not playing expert, but skimming this interesting article I see that it mostly affects the medulla. This makes sense given where it is physically. Looking at what the Medulla does I'm not sure it would make a woman conservative. It might explain why they sometimes go short, wide and annoying though. And I sure hope "AD" isn't Autoimmune Disease, because the idea of getting pregnant causing that via reaction to the presence of the microshimerisms is really saddening. I already learned last year that pregnancy-related hormones are basically carcinogens. Fuck nature man. WTF.
    Yah, AD is that context was Alzheimer's disease but autoimmune diseases I believe were what kicked off the study to begin with.

    Consistent with my observations -->







    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  24. #24

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Classy.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs



    New York City is something like 35-40% white, yet make up only 9% of the crime. Thoughts?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts