+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Dude, I never said she was an idiot. I said I felt like it was misleading because being in shape and able to do her videos is different than building strength/muscle. Which is where I think our opinions differ because we've both read conflicting sides of the argument.

I wont deny I'm being a bit snippity when I said frou-frou with 5 pound dumbbells. Cause to me it is and it is to a lot of people that I can tell. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you are and maybe its all fucking genetics and it takes some people heavy damn weights pushing their limits, while it takes others the weight of full grocery bag.

I find it disappointing that many of the videos geared at women are these, instead of what I was looking for. Maybe it is simply most women do not want to get into the type of body/strength I want.

You seem to think I am aiming my rant at HER and her body, while I was aiming it at the video. Like I said, I've done shit like that before. So I'll say, from MY opinion, having done both workouts like that and currently doing weight lifting, I not only prefer weight lifting, I feel it works my body better.
    Yeah if you got something you love doing then that's awesome. You just asked what you were missing about those kinds of workouts, and it is a common misconception that you must lift heavy. Those workouts with light weights geared toward women work very well, and will build up your muscles damn near exactly as well as a more traditional weight lift routine. They absolutely build up mass and strength, as per the study.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Speaking of exercising, Marou can't do a lunge squat. Which I find oddly funny.

Then again, neither of us can do vertical lifts with 30 pounds. Sad, I say, sad.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Speaking of exercising, Marou can't do a lunge squat. Which I find oddly funny.

Then again, neither of us can do vertical lifts with 30 pounds. Sad, I say, sad.
    Just starting out weight lifting is always really humbling. I've let myself go too badly in recent years, starting over is going to be hell on the joints. Do you guys workout at home or a gym? I have a planet fitness membership I really need to start using.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Just starting out weight lifting is always really humbling. I've let myself go too badly in recent years, starting over is going to be hell on the joints. Do you guys workout at home or a gym? I have a planet fitness membership I really need to start using.
    It seriously fucking is humbling. I used to be able to bench press 100 pounds, I can only do 30 now. Makes you realize how out of shape you got and as Pyrr pointed out, the older you are, the harder it gets.

We bought a weight lifting set with bench on amazon. Sure, dropping 120 seems a lot but if you have a gym membership for a year, ends up being the same. I don't even think there is a gym within a 20 mile radius of us anyway. Plus, for 40 dollars at walmart you can buy a barbell with 100lbs weights included, which we plan to pick up for extra plates and bar.

We do have dumbbells too.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

It seriously fucking is humbling. I used to be able to bench press 100 pounds, I can only do 30 now. Makes you realize how out of shape you got and as Pyrr pointed out, the older you are, the harder it gets.

We bought a weight lifting set with bench on amazon. Sure, dropping 120 seems a lot but if you have a gym membership for a year, ends up being the same. I don't even think there is a gym within a 20 mile radius of us anyway. Plus, for 40 dollars at walmart you can buy a barbell with 100lbs weights included, which we plan to pick up for extra plates and bar.

We do have dumbbells too.
    Yeah, and you said you already got a kettle bell right? Those things are amazing. Some of the exercises for those workout muscles that you didn't even know that you had, but will hurt in ways that can't be described.

Yeah, we got one. Plates for bars? Decently priced. Kettlebells? Wtf, its a dollar a pound.

Couldn't use it today. Had the experience of pushing myself so hard I almost puked. Marou got crazy dizzy. We are all or nothing kinda people. Been watching a bunch of form videos, so we don't hurt ourselves.

Yeah, we got one. Plates for bars? Decently priced. Kettlebells? Wtf, its a dollar a pound.

Couldn't use it today. Had the experience of pushing myself so hard I almost puked. Marou got crazy dizzy. We are all or nothing kinda people. Been watching a bunch of form videos, so we don't hurt ourselves.
    The dizzy puke stuff always sucks. Taking big deep breaths frequently throughout a workout helps mitigate it some, until your body adjusts to the new lifestyle you are putting it in. Its awesome you have both of you together to check each others forms (spot). That is really helpful. I need to train one of my kids to do it :P

You put a picture in my head of a three year old kid standing on your chest, spotting while you bench press. They have 80's sweat headband on.

I do think we got lucky that not only do both of us want to get in shape, we want to the same way and changed our eating habits to be the same as well. I wonder if that is why half the people who go to the gym to do so or small part of the obesity problem is, if you have a partner and they don't want to get healthy, its harder to change.

Maybe a large part of it is laziness. Doing any sort of healthier eating lifestyle, you've got to cook everything. Unless you go raw, those niggers are nuts.

You put a picture in my head of a three year old kid standing on your chest, spotting while you bench press. They have 80's sweat headband on.

I do think we got lucky that not only do both of us want to get in shape, we want to the same way and changed our eating habits to be the same as well. I wonder if that is why half the people who go to the gym to do so or small part of the obesity problem is, if you have a partner and they don't want to get healthy, its harder to change.

Maybe a large part of it is laziness. Doing any sort of healthier eating lifestyle, you've got to cook everything. Unless you go raw, those niggers are nuts.
    Or people who barely cook their meat. You'd have to really love the taste of blood to have rare steak all the time.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Or people who barely cook their meat. You'd have to really love the taste of blood to have rare steak all the time.
    You are aware that the juices that come out meat is just water colored with some residual blood (myoglobin to be precise). It's the tenderness that is associated with rare/Mrare meat which is why it (medium rare) is the preferred (superior) way to cook/eat meat.

I see now you're quoting A's literal 'raw' example. That's just nasty.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 06-10-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    You are aware that the juices that come out meat is just water colored with some residual blood (myoglobin to be precise). It's the tenderness that is associated with rare/Mrare meat which is why it (medium rare) is the preferred (superior) way to cook/eat meat.

I see now you're quoting A's literal 'raw' example. That's just nasty.
    I think most of the top chefs in the world agree with your preference. But then the top chefs of the world also hang themselves in french hotel rooms, so I win.

Hell most people say only train three days a week and then there are ones who say fuck that noise, go 6 to 7 days a week and work whatever muscles you want while pointing at athlete training programs that do very similar things to that.
    On the one hand, yeah, someone sent me psychology stuff years ago about psychopaths/narcissists who want to look perfect. Working out all day every day works. Same thing with hollywood actors in all those "how we got in shape real fucking fast to be X in that movie" things. They are in the gym doing crazy shit all day like it's their job. Common sense warns me that the rest period might take longer as you age, and then Josh Brolin goes ham with complex motions to be Cable and noobtube/twatter comments say he's OBVIOUSLY ON STEROIDS.

On the other hand, fatigue is fatigue. If I wanted to get to 100% fatigue for strength gain I'm looking to do it as quickly as possible. If you want a specific muscle/group that's probably high weight low reps until they become unsafe/impossible to continue, and then something to finish up until failure. Spending six hours doing thirty exercises to 100% fatigue sounds like a waste of time unless you're going wide and 100% fatiguing most of your body... but that just loops back to what Zav was saying. Instead of hours and hours lifting to fatigue muscles you could do a full body crazy thing like that P90X fad from years ago and get close to 100% fatigue in a lot of muscles much faster. Why people use weights for days on end isn't obvious to me and I want to say it's a social/macho thing?

Disclaimer: Curious, humble, fat nerd musings.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    On the one hand, yeah, someone sent me psychology stuff years ago about psychopaths/narcissists who want to look perfect. Working out all day every day works. Same thing with hollywood actors in all those "how we got in shape real fucking fast to be X in that movie" things. They are in the gym doing crazy shit all day like it's their job. Common sense warns me that the rest period might take longer as you age, and then Josh Brolin goes ham with complex motions to be Cable and noobtube/twatter comments say he's OBVIOUSLY ON STEROIDS.

On the other hand, fatigue is fatigue. If I wanted to get to 100% fatigue for strength gain I'm looking to do it as quickly as possible. If you want a specific muscle/group that's probably high weight low reps until they become unsafe/impossible to continue, and then something to finish up until failure. Spending six hours doing thirty exercises to 100% fatigue sounds like a waste of time unless you're going wide and 100% fatiguing most of your body... but that just loops back to what Zav was saying. Instead of hours and hours lifting to fatigue muscles you could do a full body crazy thing like that P90X fad from years ago and get close to 100% fatigue in a lot of muscles much faster. Why people use weights for days on end isn't obvious to me and I want to say it's a social/macho thing?

You seem to think we work out for hours a day. You don't have to. From what I have seen, even pushing to failure with heavy weights, you are looking at max 45 minutes to an hour. A large consensus seems to be that anything over that is over kill unless you are a professional athlete. Currently we are doing about 25 minutes and because of how out of shape we are, we are dead by the end. Dripping sweat and have gumby body.

As stated before, I am really enjoying the weights and have always despised cardio. Eventually we will start to work in calisthenics (which is what P90x is from memory) but it is not our goal right now. Plus, I actually think it would be really cool to lift my body weight over my head or maybe fire a desert eagle and not go flying through a wall. What if I tumbled off a cliff, had to catch myself and pull up? Never know, might happen!

Some people do only cardio, like running. Why is gaining muscle associated with macho? You are thinking about those people who are almost extreme body builders and they always end up over doing it and looking weird.

I want to be strong not just fit.

You seem to think we work out for hours a day.
    No I meant the people I reffered to earlier. I agree 100%. It seems like nonsense to work out for long periods. Fatigue is fatigue is fatigue. Get there as quickly as possible so you can start resting and go back to fatiguing again. More gains would come from more cycles, not from taking a long ass time to get fatigued. That's how I see it anyway.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Ahh okay, gotcha. Well that isn't just weight lifters. That is exercise nuts and they come in all forms. From body building to running. Some people just love to workout.

I also think those are the ones who drop dead of a heart attack at 45 because they are sitting at 4% body fat and have put too much stress on their body. Who knows, could be wrong.

PX90, and HIIT training like the Rushfit video I posted earlier, will give you weight loss, strength and conditioning gains faster than anything you can do. However, this is the big caveat: It's hard as fuck. Those kinds of exercises routines will give you more but they will take so much more out of you physically and psychologically. After doing burpees and puking your guts out, and having trouble standing, you can end up being afraid of your own workout. A traditional weight lift routine lasts about the same time as one of those workouts (45 minutes) as long as you are putting in some good 10 minute cardio time (jump rope or such) before weight lifting. Doing a simple 10 minute cardio before a workout will vastly increase your gains because of the muscle flow that will be occurring-- I don't pretend to understand the physiology of it, I just know its a real thing.

The most important thing in exercise isn't finding what works best (that his a never ending rabbit hole), but what you enjoy doing. You'll keep doing that. I'm glad they found something they really enjoy. <3

I think Billy Blanks Tae Bo was one of the first to make or rather really popularize calisthenics workout videos.

Skimming through some of them now and remembering how they'd make me feel like I have to crawl to even grab my water. He still does them too.

I could give anecdotal evidence of what I believe and then throw in some videos of physical therapists saying you gotta do BOTH, hard and light to get best gains. We aren't going to agree on this and really no one does. To you its the best, to others not so much. I think what can be agreed on is that unless you are a power lifter or one of those gym nuts like VK mentioned, you do need to add in that type of training eventually (for good body comp). One builds muscle, which isn't for show and it is what you see on power lifters, one defines muscle and makes it grow.

Which I can see you arguing with and we can go back and forth on this, with evidence we have. I think we are just proof of what has already been said. No one agrees. Look at how Bulgarians train their power lifters, it goes against the norm. Even one article states it wont build strength fast, while another says it will, both giving their own reasons for it.

I'd take a good guess that a professional power lifter would get their asses kicked by P90x and P90x people could not do what power lifters do.

The take away is this, who the fuck knows what will work best for you. It could be P90x or alternating heavy and light days. I think this field is a good example of how we think we know the ins and outs of the human body and we don't.

Edit: Came across some info, powerlifting and weightlifting are different forms of competition. Didn't know this, felt like it should be edited in. Then there is body building, which is obviously its own thing. I'm not sure if you go to the gym just for muscle, if you would be considered a lifter or a builder, guessing builder. I've fallen down a rabbit hole of weight lifting in general. Cross fit seems to be the thing that sort of touches into both areas of calisthenics and lifting, but isn't dedicated to either, maybe? One thing is for sure, the body comps of people who do one or the other are so different.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 06-11-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Youtube recommendation because of my current video viewing.

I think the 80's might be the cheesiest decade.

You should do some research on muscle growth, the basic principle is that if you want size you do large amount of reps with a relatively small weight. If you want to increase strength then you do a small amount of reps with a heavy weight. There is a lot of disagreement on what is best for beginner programs depending on what your end goals are, but from personal experience I would say its best to focus on light weights and high repetitions to build a foundation and to perfect your form before moving onto heavier weights.

Jewish Journalist Trolled For Column On Whiteness, Told She’s Not White
    https://forward.com/fast-forward/403...hes-not-white/

It's every single time. Glad people are waking up to it.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Jewish Journalist Trolled For Column On Whiteness, Told She’s Not White
    https://forward.com/fast-forward/403...hes-not-white/
    She's right though. Once you get out of outfit/hat/accent stereotype territory no one makes a distinction between whites who are Jewish and whites who are Christian or doubters. Except anti-semites looking for last names and noses, but those people would probably flag me and I'm not Jewish. The problem is with your movement's lack of definition, not her argument. Even your man Hitler needed stars.

She's right though. Once you get out of outfit/hat/accent stereotype territory no one makes a distinction between whites who are Jewish and whites who are Christian or doubters. Except anti-semites looking for last names and noses, but those people would probably flag me and I'm not Jewish. The problem is with your movement's lack of definition, not her argument. Even your man Hitler needed stars.
    Every "white privilege" article is written by a wealthy Jew. Let's overlook that (((coincidence))) for a moment, and I think we can agree that Bill Gates or some random wealthy gentile writing about "white privilege" wouldn't be any more palatable.

Lifelong wealth provides immense privilege that renders someone unable to objectively view reality; add to that the Jewish ethnic nepotism handing out elite college admissions and senior jobs on a silver platter and they may well not even be aware of their own hubris in making such a statement. In their context, the privilege is a real thing - and it's psychologically easy (and lazy) for people to project their experience on to the entire world.

Every "white privilege" article is written by a wealthy Jew. Let's overlook that (((coincidence))) for a moment, and I think we can agree that Bill Gates or some random wealthy white writing about "white privilege" wouldn't be any more palatable. Lifelong wealth provides immense privilege that renders someone unable to objectively view reality.
    Yeah, wealthy people and media people probably shouldn't write about the "privilege" of middle and working class America.

But she still has a point... I have lived around non-whites all my life. No one, including whites, makes the distinction except old ladies who gossip about crap in church, because the other people go to a different church. Temple. Whatever. I expect you to roll this into your anti-PC stuff, but TBH if you're not anti-semetic you're not really looking for it. I am suddenly aware that I have not the SLIGHTEST idea which of my white coworkers are Jewish, if any.

Funny story, thanks to you racists I'm vaguely aware that I myself look Jewish since my last name sounds German and I have long dark hair. One time I walked into a mom and pop grocery place and a blonde lady wearing a gold cross came out from behind the counter, found me in an aisle and said "Shalom!" to me at a volume so only the two of us could hear. I wish I could say I had the presence of mind to say "Hail Hydra" back, but I did not. I was just confused lol.

Yeah, wealthy people and media people probably shouldn't write about the "privilege" of middle and working class America.

But she still has a point... I have lived around non-whites all my life. No one, including whites, makes the distinction except old ladies who gossip about crap in church, because the other people go to a different church. Temple. Whatever. I expect you to roll this into your anti-PC stuff, but TBH if you're not anti-semetic you're not really looking for it. I am suddenly aware that I have not the SLIGHTEST idea which of my white coworkers are Jewish, if any.

Funny story, thanks to you racists I'm vaguely aware that I myself look Jewish since my last name sounds German and I have long dark hair. One time I walked into a mom and pop grocery place and a blonde lady wearing a gold cross came out from behind the counter, found me in an aisle and said "Shalom!" to me at a volume so only the two of us could hear. I wish I could say I had the presence of mind to say "Hail Hydra" back, but I did not. I was just confused lol.
    They make that distinction instantly when you call them out on being privileged whites. She did, in her own twitter feed - which led to the backlash she received. "I'm not white! I'm Jewish! You can't criticize me, it's antisemitic!". Not all Jews are bad, and not all gentiles are good. Jews are just disproportionately represented among the people directing and funding the problems.

I've talked with plenty of Jews on other boards, most don't see themselves as white and are quick to point out that they are not white. The few that do consider themselves white tend to be right wing and are only a problem because of their intense defense of Israel and wars in the middle east.

Much of this could be solved by a few legislative initiatives targeted at Jews implicitly that would disallow dual citizens (regardless of nationality) from funding political campaigns, holding public office, and working in or controlling media related organizations, or financial organizations (C level executives and above). We'd instantly drop dozens of lawmakers, hundreds of judges, and thousands of companies from Facebook to CNN and Google would get new CEO's, the Fed would be entirely reshaped, etc. It would be world changing, all without any sort of genocide.

Nice pipe dream, huh? In reality oceans of blood WILL have to be spilled to make that simple common sense mandate a reality; and anyone advocating that position will be painted as Hitler 2.0. So, they may as well embrace the nice uniforms and go full 14/88. No half measures are allowed by the entrenched power structure.