+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 392
  1. #51

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Ahahaha, the escalating skeptic shitshow is grand.

    https://twitter.com/Tonkasaw/status/967968032881594368

    https://twitter.com/WeWuzMetokur/sta...69873434054658

    Internet Bloodsports is the most amusing thing ever. Hope it's not banned.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    In the same vein as the "now that's racist, but wasn't 20 years ago", I was listening to my regular 80's-90's amazon radio station and the song "This Woman's Work" played. Since my wife is about to give birth to our second child, I found the lyrics particularly powerful. I can't help but think that the rabid left would denounce this amazing song as sexist; because it speaks to the power and burden that only a woman can know. If you've never heard the song (somehow) you should listen to it:


    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Ahahaha, the escalating skeptic shitshow is grand.

    https://twitter.com/Tonkasaw/status/967968032881594368

    https://twitter.com/WeWuzMetokur/sta...69873434054658

    Internet Bloodsports is the most amusing thing ever. Hope it's not banned.
    Do you know who I, Hypocrite is? I follow the guy on Facebook and he made some weird post about neo-nazi's attacking him because his wife is now with a black guy. I couldn't tell if he was making fun of someone or if this was part of the whole skeptic thing. I never really thought of him as a skeptic though. Also, I can't keep up with it. I don't know who any of the people you linked are or what is going on in those threads.



    Edit this was the post he made:


    Hello, so it seems like the nazis who exposed that my wife left me for a black guy are going on a field date trying to shut me down! What is it with these people? It's not my fault I was born into the chosen people...

    Please share! My page got deleted wow!





    Last edited by Zavon; 02-25-2018 at 09:58 PM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  4. #54

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Do you know who I, Hypocrite is? I follow the guy on Facebook and he made some weird post about neo-nazi's attacking him because his wife is now with a black guy. I couldn't tell if he was making fun of someone or if this was part of the whole skeptic thing. I never really thought of him as a skeptic though. Also, I can't keep up with it. I don't know who any of the people you linked are or what is going on in those threads.



    Edit this was the post he made:
    I've never heard of that guy.

    Random ruminations:

    I don't think most normies really know what Nazi ideology is, just that it's "evil". It's fair to call the modern alt-right the rational evolution of Nazi ideology. That doesn't mean people advocating for the same government or economic policies as an early 19th century German workers movement (NSDAP), but the underlying moral principles haven't really changed at all. Nor has the situation. This fight has been going on for a long time now.

    The giant mistake the skeptic community makes is assuming that the alt-right is a reactionary response to marxism. This is amusing, because skeptics themselves are a reactionary response to cultural marxism. The rise of the alt-right, if anything, is in response to the failures of centrism and liberal conservatism; and people following rational inquiry to it's logical end. A realization that centrism and individualism (essentially what the skeptic community and civic nationalists advocate) is ceding morality and idealism to the marxists. If marxism and it's ruminations on equality are the cornerstone of all acceptable public discourse and the underlying morality that western civilization marries itself to (it's foundation myth), we are doomed. Things will continue to drift in a harmful direction until a tipping point is reached and there is no saving us. In order to preserve ourselves, morality must be re-framed in a rational way that is in opposition to marxism. This is at the center of both Nazi and later alt-right philosophy.

    Listen to the head of the American Nazi Party speaking in the early 1960's. How much of this is applicable today?


    Calling someone a Nazi in an internet argument is a weak attempt to dodge the axioms being presenting by moving on to character assassination. Over time, memetics and media's amplification of anti-white views have been very effective in disarming this term. It's important that mystical Adversary status be stripped from Nazism, because the foundation is mostly right and just, even if the steps taken in pursuit of the philosophy resulted in suffering and injustice. "Nazi" as a slur has become so normalized and over applied that it has lost it's power and is mostly at this point seen for what it is; at least by internet regulars.

    The overton window has shifted so much in the past few years that I can post this without immediate repudiation, it will actually be read and considered instead of immediately dismissed as "evil". Times change fast.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,056

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Terry Goodkind goes into dick mode on an artist for his own book cover:



    https://i.imgur.com/LL97A18.jpg

    Also, I kinda like the picture.
    Probably has nothing to do with his book though... I imagine that's what he means when it is laughably bad. Or some scene in his book has been terribly mis-interpreted, and the publisher just went with it.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I've never heard of that guy.

    Random ruminations:

    I don't think most normies really know what Nazi ideology is, just that it's "evil". It's fair to call the modern alt-right the rational evolution of Nazi ideology. That doesn't mean people advocating for the same government or economic policies as an early 19th century German workers movement (NSDAP), but the underlying moral principles haven't really changed at all. Nor has the situation. This fight has been going on for a long time now.

    The giant mistake the skeptic community makes is assuming that the alt-right is a reactionary response to marxism. This is amusing, because skeptics themselves are a reactionary response to cultural marxism. The rise of the alt-right, if anything, is in response to the failures of centrism and liberal conservatism; and people following rational inquiry to it's logical end. A realization that centrism and individualism (essentially what the skeptic community and civic nationalists advocate) is ceding morality and idealism to the marxists. If marxism and it's ruminations on equality are the cornerstone of all acceptable public discourse and the underlying morality that western civilization marries itself to (it's foundation myth), we are doomed. Things will continue to drift in a harmful direction until a tipping point is reached and there is no saving us. In order to preserve ourselves, morality must be re-framed in a rational way that is in opposition to marxism. This is at the center of both Nazi and later alt-right philosophy.

    Listen to the head of the American Nazi Party speaking in the early 1960's. How much of this is applicable today?


    Calling someone a Nazi in an internet argument is a weak attempt to dodge the axioms being presenting by moving on to character assassination. Over time, memetics and media's amplification of anti-white views have been very effective in disarming this term. It's important that mystical Adversary status be stripped from Nazism, because the foundation is mostly right and just, even if the steps taken in pursuit of the philosophy resulted in suffering and injustice. "Nazi" as a slur has become so normalized and over applied that it has lost it's power and is mostly at this point seen for what it is; at least by internet regulars.

    The overton window has shifted so much in the past few years that I can post this without immediate repudiation, it will actually be read and considered instead of immediately dismissed as "evil". Times change fast.
    I, Hypocrite just posted this, coincidentally:


    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  7. #57

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I don't think most normies really know what Nazi ideology is, just that it's "evil".
    No... the murder and genocide part is evil... Normies only know him/it by the genocide and death camp stuff, which IS evil.

    I don't really understand why the Hitler/Nazi thing won't die. If you believe in the other things he/they were emphasizing, then just write a new book and skip the part where we need camps and mass graves and gas chambers and ovens. In fact I can't imagine it hasn't already been done a dozen times. Hell I bet non-white people have tried to sell the same things to non-white groups, and double hell Hitler/Nazi's probably got their pattern from somewhere else...

    The only reason I can see is that he's a focal point for the "normies" on the other side. If they're so about "red pilling" the "normies" then stop trying to rationalize backwards to defend Hitler and call the holocaust a hoax. Why does it matter if it was or not? If you're not planning another mass murder then just cut bait and start over with the ideas you think are good.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 02-26-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  8. #58

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    No... the murder and genocide part is evil... Normies only know him/it by the genocide and death camp stuff, which IS evil.

    I don't really understand why the Hitler/Nazi thing won't die. If you believe in the other things he/they were emphasizing, then just write a new book and skip the part where we need camps and mass graves and gas chambers and ovens. In fact I can't imagine it hasn't already been done a dozen times. Hell I bet non-white people have tried to sell the same things to non-white groups, and double hell Hitler/Nazi's probably got their pattern from somewhere else...
    It won't die because it's been used to subvert our society as the central foundation myth.



    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    The only reason I can see is that he's a focal point for the "normies" on the other side. If they're so about "red pilling" the "normies" then stop trying to rationalize backwards to defend Hitler and call the holocaust a hoax. Why does it matter if it was or not? If you're not planning another mass murder then just cut bait and start over with the ideas you think are good.
    Which is why the alt-right label and the dropping of Nazi symbolism (at least, mostly). Still, the false foundation myth must be undone, and truth does matter.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  9. #59

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Which is why the alt-right label and the dropping of Nazi symbolism (at least, mostly). Still, the false foundation myth must be undone, and truth does matter.
    I think that's a mistake. The "white values" thing works on people. The holocost denial stuff doesn't.

    If you get people to go tribal with the right values then you could eventually teach your tribe whatever version of history you wanted, just like everyone else has.

    I'd rather see us move forward into truth and reason where we could confront challenges and differences honestly and scientifically together as humans. If humans aren't capable of that and go tribal then I'd prefer to live among positive and forward-looking people driven by "white values" than defensive, angry, blame-casting people willing to be violent. Is that not the overall point of the foundation myth video? If it's not just propaganda and he's trying to make a real point, that point would be that a foundation myth based in negativity and malign reflection is poison.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    If humans aren't capable of that and go tribal then I'd prefer to live among positive and forward-looking people driven by "white values" than defensive, angry, blame-casting people willing to be violent.

    Preach Nigga.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  11. #61

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I think that's a mistake. The "white values" thing works on people. The holocost denial stuff doesn't.

    If you get people to go tribal with the right values then you could eventually teach your tribe whatever version of history you wanted, just like everyone else has.

    I'd rather see us move forward into truth and reason where we could confront challenges and differences honestly and scientifically together as humans. If humans aren't capable of that and go tribal then I'd prefer to live among positive and forward-looking people driven by "white values" than defensive, angry, blame-casting people willing to be violent. Is that not the overall point of the foundation myth video? If it's not just propaganda and he's trying to make a real point, that point would be that a foundation myth based in negativity and malign reflection is poison.

    Indeed, you got the core message perfectly. Your mythos can't be negative or your civilization will not last.

    However, you're also wrong. Triumphing over evil or bringing light to darkness is a good foundation myth. In fact, our original foundation myth was about a bold people triumphing over an oppressive world spanning empire and creating a better society.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  12. #62

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    However, you're also wrong. Triumphing over evil or bringing light to darkness is a good foundation myth. In fact, our original foundation myth was about a bold people triumphing over an oppressive world spanning empire and creating a better society.
    Seems like semantics. Your evil oppressor and victimhood being spun as good, and their evil oppressor and victimhood being spun as bad. Speaking from outside both looking in, poison is poison.

    I don't want to get too far off track though. The original point stands if even if my equivalence is made false by some detail as you see it. The ultimate "THE TRUTH" does matter but it's not a piece on the game board, it's the prize for winning at the end. Going counter to the established truth mid-game restricts your audience and hurts recruitment. It's a bad move. If you're so correct then people you teach good values to will find it on their own and rewriting history won't even need to be a conscious act, it'll just happen organically.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  13. #63

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Seems like semantics. Your evil oppressor and victimhood being spun as good, and their evil oppressor and victimhood being spun as bad. Speaking from outside both looking in, poison is poison.

    I don't want to get too far off track though. The original point stands if even if my equivalence is made false by some detail as you see it. The ultimate "THE TRUTH" does matter but it's not a piece on the game board, it's the prize for winning at the end. Going counter to the established truth mid-game restricts your audience and hurts recruitment. It's a bad move. If you're so correct then people you teach good values to will find it on their own and rewriting history won't even need to be a conscious act, it'll just happen organically.
    I'm not a post modernist, so objective truth matters to me. I don't think any good comes from Machiavellian posturing along the path to the truth. That doesn't mean I disagree that it's more sensible to focus on other things first, but when deception filled topics come up lies can not be allowed to stand. It's acceptable to say, "I'm not here to talk about X", but you can't cuck on truth by agreeing to lies. When you humor the lies of others, you feed their mental illness and delusions.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    And that video is why you talk about the truth, no matter how mean or hurtful it may be. Because otherwise you end up with people like that who are so delusional, they serve no purpose other than to be known as the town clown.

    Or ya know, you end up trying to form a culture around it and get Berlin era 1920's?
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  16. #66

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    ...you talk about the truth, no matter how mean or hurtful it may be...
    The difference between this and what I said to Marou is apparent isn't it?

    Or are we back to trying to jam VKhaun into the libtard position...
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Whut?

    Like, whut?

    I'm not sure what I said has to do with you? I was just talking about being truthful, because Zavon's video is a great example of why one should be (when dealing with this type of situation). If you want me to go further, Marou and I have been having a lot of discussions on truth lately, because what is happening in Bloodsports and the skeptic community on youtube. It has been a huge talking point for us, because the skeptic community is based on... skepticism and yet when faced with a lot of truths, they turn into crazy shit tards.

    I do not mind when people say, we shouldn't use this truth because it goes against my morals/principles, that is being honest. They are not being honest.

    Thought diarrhea for you.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  18. #68

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Whut?

    Like, whut?

    I'm not sure what I said has to do with you? I was just talking about being truthful, because Zavon's video is a great example of why one should be. If you want me to go further, Marou and I have been having a lot of discussions on truth lately, because what is happening in Bloodsports and the skeptic community on youtube. It has been a huge talking point for us, because the skeptic community is based on... skepticism and yet when faced with a lot of truths, they turn into crazy shit tards.

    I do not mind when people say, we shouldn't use this truth because it goes against my morals/principles, that is being honest. They are not being honest.

    Thought diarrhea for you.

    I think I'm missing some philosophical background to enter that discussion.

    I feel like there's a gulf between "fire is hot" truth like difference between men and women and "we believe this is true based on interpretation of data and sources" like our arguments about race or climate change, and then an ocean between that and "THE TRUTH" as in a complex narrative of huge swaths of history with attached connotation and wrapped around an ideology.

    A broad statement of always standing up for the truth is appealing and would undoubtedly apply to "fire is hot" self-evident truth, but how does an individual recognize their own bias to know when to relax their sphincter and examine their "believed true based on interpretation of data and sources"? If you can't, then how could you hope to get right "THE TRUTH" of history?
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    I'll say that it is because most people can not stand to be wrong. In this instance, to be wrong means to take everything they were taught, by parents, teachers, friends, society and deal with the fact they were lied to or duped. That is a hard pill to swallow and rather than re-evaluate everything they have believed, they rather have the comfort of what is known.

    Marou says this (he is not at puter):

    I think being immoral helps greatly in assessment of data that conflicts with main stream views. Further, it is unfortunate but most people are simply too stupid to look at raw data sets or statistics and decide whether they are credible. As a result, they on rely on surrogates and consensus opinion to give their opinion to them. It is due to these factors that I've come to heavily devalue systems that emphasize consensus, group or democratic judgement.

    Now me again:
    Specifically talking about skeptics here.

    It could be both but we are talking about a group of people who for some reason can not deal with the truths being put to them or they admit the data is right but in the same breath say I don't give a damn, shut up faggot.

    Marou says again:

    Or what they will do try to create insanely complex systems to try to solve the problem instead of a simple one. Then after doing this, they try to call the people proposing simple solutions, pie in the sky dreamers.

    Me again:

    It is interesting to note that neither Marou or I have had any problems taking this information and going, okay, guess thats that then. Marou is suggesting we have lower morals. I think we have no core beliefs. Not sure which is better/worse.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 02-26-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I think I'm missing some philosophical background to enter that discussion.

    I feel like there's a gulf between "fire is hot" truth like difference between men and women and "we believe this is true based on interpretation of data and sources" like our arguments about race or climate change, and then an ocean between that and "THE TRUTH" as in a complex narrative of huge swaths of history with attached connotation and wrapped around an ideology.

    A broad statement of always standing up for the truth is appealing and would undoubtedly apply to "fire is hot" self-evident truth, but how does an individual recognize their own bias to know when to relax their sphincter and examine their "believed true based on interpretation of data and sources"? If you can't, then how could you hope to get right "THE TRUTH" of history?
    Ironically, I find myself exactly on the right for this reason. After self-examination of my beliefs since adulthood, I believe I was very naive. I think the liberal ideals I held to for so long (e.g. promotion of such things as statements that the black community is a victim of history) were incredibly flawed. Some of this is due to recent newsworthy social justicisms or even anti-white sentiments; but by far and large my reexamination of my beliefs occurred as I went into the homes of thousands of medicaid beneficiaries, audited government (mis)spending, and collected data firsthand. Where fiscal conservatism is concerned my anus is now so tight that when I hear about Trump doing stuff like sending food to yo' house, I had a near homoerotic spasm of ecstasy.

    Also, the gay marriage thing. I laughed at conservatives (like Silly) for well over a decade over the slippery slope arguments about moral decay and so forth. I'm not fucking laughing now, and I admit the world proved me a fool. I still like the principle that homosexuals should be allowed to be married, but it is nothing less than a choice between wretched moral relativism and christian values-- I know what I'm choosing.
    Last edited by Zavon; 02-26-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,056

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    A broad statement of always standing up for the truth is appealing and would undoubtedly apply to "fire is hot" self-evident truth, but how does an individual recognize their own bias to know when to relax their sphincter and examine their "believed true based on interpretation of data and sources"? If you can't, then how could you hope to get right "THE TRUTH" of history? ~~VK

    I have some input on this. From my perspective, part of my dive down philosophy and psych ended up with the conclusions that people are generally flawed. All people are biased, civilization and society create bias. There is a lot more to those two statements but from this you generally have to accept that anything you are given has flaws and issues inherent within them. Science does a lot to control for this but we really only have the ability to accurately control in physical and logical situations. Enter 'the brain' or 'humans', or 'people' however you want to think of US. Even in these physical sciences where measurement and control can be much more accurate there are flaws and errors, people driven to succeed or prove their theories, you don't see it a lot because they are quickly disproven on replication.

    However, you look at the social sciences and it is fucking chaos as far as I'm concerned. They try their hardest to eliminate confounding variables and create measures of control but in doing so they destroy any chance of studying/recording 'natural data' of how people act/behave/operate without knowing they are being observed/studied, due to the nature of ethical control and the like. While there are studies that do this, the whole of the science is moving at a sloths pace, and don't get me started on statistics and how it relates to an ever changing populace and a culture of 24/7 connectivity.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    I like the stream of consciousness this thread is having right now.

    I'm not sure I really responded to VK's core question, which seems to be, what is true history. How do you make sure it is true?

    That is quite easy and yet ridiculously difficult. You say what is fact, the how, why, when and where. The difficult part comes in at letting people be grown ups and deal with it. Pyrr says all people are biased and that everything has flaws and issues. Reality does not, it just is. Just like the sky is blue and grass is green, no matter if someone wants it to be otherwise, it is not. Pandering to dissenters of reality just puts us where we are now.

    It is time people put on their big girl panties and if they can not, oh well. Usually people learn by the time they are 30 that the world doesn't give a fuck about them and neither does truth.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  24. #74

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I like the stream of consciousness this thread is having right now.

    I'm not sure I really responded to VK's core question, which seems to be, what is true history. How do you make sure it is true?

    That is quite easy and yet ridiculously difficult. You say what is fact, the how, why, when and where. The difficult part comes in at letting people be grown ups and deal with it. Pyrr says all people are biased and that everything has flaws and issues. Reality does not, it just is. Just like the sky is blue and grass is green, no matter if someone wants it to be otherwise, it is not. Pandering to dissenters of reality just puts us where we are now.

    It is time people put on their big girl panties and if they can not, oh well. Usually people learn by the time they are 30 that the world doesn't give a fuck about them and neither does truth.
    To extrapolate on this, I don't believe you can know what happened with confidence when receiving 3rd party accounts of events (unless there is unedited video), or history. Instead you can only know what *didn't* happen based on facts, logic, and evidence that contradict the narrative being portrayed.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: Stop Being Dead, Catacombs

    I just want to say I love to listen to J.F. Gariepy speak and debate people. He is at a level of.....more, that just obliterates people.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts