+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Pillars of Eternity 2

Anyone planning on picking this up?

I felt like the story from the first one was such a god damn let down, and found zero replay-ability in it. So, I'm really skeptical to get roped in again.

Thoughts?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Default Re: Pillars of Eternity 2

I am. I recently finished Pillars and by the end, really enjoyed it. It seemed to go through this process of, it started out good, got kind of boring and then picked up speed. The ending, for me, was worth it. It had pretty decent depth. I also think the white march xpac's were good too.

By the time I finished it, I would rate it an 8, even if its middle would be a 5.

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I am. I recently finished Pillars and by the end, really enjoyed it. It seemed to go through this process of, it started out good, got kind of boring and then picked up speed. The ending, for me, was worth it. It had pretty decent depth. I also think the white march xpac's were good too.

By the time I finished it, I would rate it an 8, even if its middle would be a 5.
    You enjoyed the third Act? I hated it but can't remember why. Maybe I should play through it again sometime. I felt like the combat was a bit tedious though, and once the big secret of the Gods was revealed I didn't care about the story too much.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

2 Kings 2:23-24: "....Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

I didn't know this but figured it out, you can make the AI act on their own, so it is not tedious. When I did that, the only one I had to control was the healer occasionally.

I thought the god thing was a pretty good twist, I didn't see it coming. I especially liked when you figured out who you were, because it gave your past and character more depth but let you pick how evil you were (which Obsidian is great at).

Maybe I enjoyed the third act because I kept breaking everything up by doing white march content.

I look forward to seeing where they take the story of gods, Pillars 2 is a continuation of your story.

Do you like basghetti?

I knew, ever since that day, the reason you had approached me, tender and soft, that my body is to your taste. To your hunger stricken eyes, how does my body seem? If you are to eat me, do it in one blow, so that the meat does not get hard. - Menchi, The Emergency Ration

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I didn't know this but figured it out, you can make the AI act on their own, so it is not tedious. When I did that, the only one I had to control was the healer occasionally.

I thought the god thing was a pretty good twist, I didn't see it coming. I especially liked when you figured out who you were, because it gave your past and character more depth but let you pick how evil you were (which Obsidian is great at).

Maybe I enjoyed the third act because I kept breaking everything up by doing white march content.

I look forward to seeing where they take the story of gods, Pillars 2 is a continuation of your story.

OOOhhhhhhhh right right right. When I played the game the AI hadn't been implemented yet. I bet that makes it a lot better.