+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Pillars of Eternity 2

Anyone planning on picking this up?

I felt like the story from the first one was such a god damn let down, and found zero replay-ability in it. So, I'm really skeptical to get roped in again.

Thoughts?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Default Re: Pillars of Eternity 2

I am. I recently finished Pillars and by the end, really enjoyed it. It seemed to go through this process of, it started out good, got kind of boring and then picked up speed. The ending, for me, was worth it. It had pretty decent depth. I also think the white march xpac's were good too.

By the time I finished it, I would rate it an 8, even if its middle would be a 5.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I am. I recently finished Pillars and by the end, really enjoyed it. It seemed to go through this process of, it started out good, got kind of boring and then picked up speed. The ending, for me, was worth it. It had pretty decent depth. I also think the white march xpac's were good too.

By the time I finished it, I would rate it an 8, even if its middle would be a 5.
    You enjoyed the third Act? I hated it but can't remember why. Maybe I should play through it again sometime. I felt like the combat was a bit tedious though, and once the big secret of the Gods was revealed I didn't care about the story too much.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

I didn't know this but figured it out, you can make the AI act on their own, so it is not tedious. When I did that, the only one I had to control was the healer occasionally.

I thought the god thing was a pretty good twist, I didn't see it coming. I especially liked when you figured out who you were, because it gave your past and character more depth but let you pick how evil you were (which Obsidian is great at).

Maybe I enjoyed the third act because I kept breaking everything up by doing white march content.

I look forward to seeing where they take the story of gods, Pillars 2 is a continuation of your story.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

I didn't know this but figured it out, you can make the AI act on their own, so it is not tedious. When I did that, the only one I had to control was the healer occasionally.

I thought the god thing was a pretty good twist, I didn't see it coming. I especially liked when you figured out who you were, because it gave your past and character more depth but let you pick how evil you were (which Obsidian is great at).

Maybe I enjoyed the third act because I kept breaking everything up by doing white march content.

I look forward to seeing where they take the story of gods, Pillars 2 is a continuation of your story.

OOOhhhhhhhh right right right. When I played the game the AI hadn't been implemented yet. I bet that makes it a lot better.

I didn't know this but figured it out, you can make the AI act on their own, so it is not tedious.
    Knowing this, I might have to try the original.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Knowing this, I might have to try the original.
    I've spent the last couple days tinkering with it. The AI is pretty sweet. Its world's better than when I originally played the game. The fucking micromanagement was so bad.

Peep this video on the ship exploration stuff:

I decided to go ahead and prepurchase it. The new ship, and exploration modes for this game look really fucking cool. I don't think I've seen a CRPG do that in a really long time.

I'm not buying it yet, I got lots of stuff I want to get. FF15, Ni No Kuni 2, Pillars 2, still need FF12 and I am sure there is other stuff I am forgetting.

I see you been playing Pillars, you enjoying it more this time?

On a side note, I really wish steam would stop popping up when people play games. I should figure out if there is a way to turn that off.

Alright, so, I've been looking more into Pillars 2 (watching video footage of the backer and closed betas) and I'm glad I decided to get it.

They have a much better improved AI, capable of in-depth scripts that you can customize for every character. Also, they finally got rid of Health and "per rest" abilities for the most part. A mechanic that I thought was stupid as fuck in PoE 1 because its not like resting is difficult. Furthermore, if you play a priest or a druid you don't get all the spells (like in other CRPG games). Now, you get to select spells based off of your faith, which is something that has me really excited. The only "per rest" abilites are empowerment points where you can super charge ANY ability you have. So like a fighter can turn his modal super high defense for a short time, or a wizard can make a mega-fireball.

All in all, I've managed to get hyped for the game. They finally started doing what I wanted them to do from the start: Make a CRPG but also evolve the genre some.

Those fags just pushed the release date back til May. I was hoping to play it before the birth of my second child, but that isn't going to happen now. Fags.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ayed-into-may/

I preordered it the day I saw it on Steam. My body is ready.
    "I do think Christianity makes people more stupid. That is a consequence, in many ways, of a disgusting religion. I don't think it's very honest, with their ideas of sacrifice, and of pain, all this nonsense, all this masochistic view of life. (...) And they have the propagating view that half the world is going to end in eternal pain because they don't submit to it. I find it disgusting in that sense - completely disgusting."
    -Simen Midgaard

Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell View Post
    TMI nigger

Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell View Post
    Welcome back Moonspell!
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Welcome back Moonspell!
    Hey, thanks!

I'm not sure how 'back' I am yet as I tend to forget to check forums these days, but I'll hopefully at least lurk a bit.
    "I do think Christianity makes people more stupid. That is a consequence, in many ways, of a disgusting religion. I don't think it's very honest, with their ideas of sacrifice, and of pain, all this nonsense, all this masochistic view of life. (...) And they have the propagating view that half the world is going to end in eternal pain because they don't submit to it. I find it disgusting in that sense - completely disgusting."
    -Simen Midgaard

Saw this video earlier today. Its a good showcase that answers a lot of questions about the game. Also, JSawyer has this pet mexican that laughs whenever he laughs.

Saw this, some of you might be interested:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pil...-updates.1546/

I'm enjoying the game, lots of improvements over the first one. I have completed two main story quests and have been fucking off sailing around. Found an island with a journal that depicts stranded sailors turning cannibal. I gots to name it.

Apparently there is romance in the game too. Usually do a kind/good run first time I go through a game, so i'm being nice to my companions. Lady with the lantern is giving me the eyes! Tells me I am giving her ideas.

Only thing i've seen of that so far, no idea if the other companions have it too.

Also have noticed that it seems like you can just say fuck this shit and kill everyone. Would make an interesting, burn it to the ground play through.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-09-2018 at 11:28 PM.

I been having a hard time getting into it. I've rerolled like 50 times, before finally settling on a Fire Godlike Devoted Greatsword fighter. I love the simplicity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I been having a hard time getting into it. I've rerolled like 50 times, before finally settling on a Fire Godlike Devoted Greatsword fighter. I love the simplicity of it.

That sucks, cause you were excited about it.

I'm glad my PoE 1 save was a death godlike, I've had tons of interactions from being godlike and then even more because of the death aspect. Been reading some reviews on the game and people either seem to enjoy it or find it meh. I don't know how it ends but the couple of posts I've read about it, people didn't care for it. Apparently there are dlc's planned, I wonder if this is going to be a Baldur's 2 thing, where the dlc's make the ending more complete or more like white march, where they don't matter.

That sucks, cause you were excited about it.

I'm glad my PoE 1 save was a death godlike, I've had tons of interactions from being godlike and then even more because of the death aspect. Been reading some reviews on the game and people either seem to enjoy it or find it meh. I don't know how it ends but the couple of posts I've read about it, people didn't care for it. Apparently there are dlc's planned, I wonder if this is going to be a Baldur's 2 thing, where the dlc's make the ending more complete or more like white march, where they don't matter.
    Yeah, I like it for what it is, but one of my complaints (already) is that there is an annoying amount of loading. The ship combat shit doesn't do much for me, I'd rather not have it. I do love the exploration though.

Agree, the loading times are too long and I fucking hate the ship combat, which is easy to get around. I just board everything. It feels like they spent more effort in making the world better, a lot of the islands have cool little things to find or things that happen. Found a temple dedicated to Wael that was a puzzle and got me a great wizard weapon. Only have half of the map uncovered so far and still not sure who to side with. Though if I could kill all the gods, I would. Douchebags, the whole lot of em.

Agree, the loading times are too long and I fucking hate the ship combat, which is easy to get around. I just board everything. It feels like they spent more effort in making the world better, a lot of the islands have cool little things to find or things that happen. Found a temple dedicated to Wael that was a puzzle and got me a great wizard weapon. Only have half of the map uncovered so far and still not sure who to side with. Though if I could kill all the gods, I would. Douchebags, the whole lot of em.
    That is a huge problem for me now that you say it. I HATE the fucking gods, and the devs don't seem to support that as an option. They aren't even real! Why can't I work to destroy all of them? That's the only sensible solution imo.

ARRRRGGG so many times I didn't want to give ANY of the responses in a conversation.

Patch should be coming out today to fix the massive fucking memory leak:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98...ch-beta-build/