+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Facepalm Happy Birthday to VK

"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Default Re: Happy Birthday to VK

Damn, I'm the youngest one here if VK's age is correct (32).

PS happy birthday VKwanda.

Happy birthday!

Does anyone actually still celebrate their birthday?
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Aside from 'mandatory' "I should spend time with my family(Mother)" plans, the celebration I do is getting me some damn good Asian fare.

Happy Birthday VK!!!!
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Happy birthday!

When I was single, i always made it a point to pick up a nice bottle of pinot noir and got chinese take out or sushi take out with appetizers. I'd have a nice little home celebration and rent a DVD.

I think its a good thing to celebrate yourself.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    When I was single, i always made it a point to pick up a nice bottle of pinot noir and got chinese take out or sushi take out with appetizers. I'd have a nice little home celebration and rent a DVD.

I think its a good thing to celebrate yourself.
    Indeed. If you don't have anyone to celebrate it with then celebrate it yourself. Give yourself something you'd normally pass on for financial/etc reason.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Effectively, yes. I probably wouldn't normally but the same day as my birthday happens to also have some personal significance so I always take this day/weekend off, and just let most people assume it's for my birthday. Bonus payouts from work also happened in late February so I have extra cash laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Indeed. If you don't have anyone to celebrate it with then celebrate it yourself. Give yourself something you'd normally pass on for financial/etc reason.
    I dropped $230 on a dozen pair of merino wool socks. I wear size 15 4E shoes and I was so tired of crappy "XL" socks that are for like 13-15 or 14-16 but I can barely get them on. In 2017 I was down to only five pair of cheap socks that I had stretched out enough to be comfy and one was wearing through. Was dreading spending a bunch of money on new socks I would hate again. In fact I had a pack of underarmour XL socks that I was not using because they were tight as hell.

Saw a random deal on 65% merino wool all-year socks in XXL 15-17, 6 pack for the price of five and not a bad price to begin with.

Done. x2

Soooo nice and soft and comfy and socky.

They're so big out of the box that my heel isn't even in the heel spot. They'll probably shrink a bit when I wash them though.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Effectively, yes. I probably wouldn't normally but the same day as my birthday happens to also have some personal significance so I always take this day/weekend off, and just let most people assume it's for my birthday. Bonus payouts from work also happened in late February so I have extra cash laying around.

I dropped $230 on a dozen pair of merino wool socks. I wear size 15 4E shoes and I was so tired of crappy "XL" socks that are for like 13-15 or 14-16 but I can barely get them on. In 2017 I was down to only five pair of cheap socks that I had stretched out enough to be comfy and one was wearing through. Was dreading spending a bunch of money on new socks I would hate again. In fact I had a pack of underarmour XL socks that I was not using because they were tight as hell.

Saw a random deal on 65% merino wool all-year socks in XXL 15-17, 6 pack for the price of five and not a bad price to begin with.

Done. x2

They're so big out of the box that my heel isn't even in the heel spot. They'll probably shrink a bit when I wash them though.
    Ah the joys of adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Ah the joys of adulthood.
    But I don't wanna grow up... I'm a Toys 'R' Us Ki... wait... shit... T_T
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

But I don't wanna grow up... I'm a Toys 'R' Us Ki... wait... shit... T_T
    I wonder if the digital generations have very poor imaginations - having never had to use them. I'm concerned about all the under 35 people because I don't know any of them that are employed in any of the industries I work with or in. @ XX I'm still often the youngest person in the room.

Do you guys see this? VK? Pyrrhus? Are they just not working Professional jobs, or? ...
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    I wonder if the digital generations have very poor imaginations - having never had to use them. I'm concerned about all the under 35 people because I don't know any of them that are employed in any of the industries I work with or in. @ XX I'm still often the youngest person in the room.

Do you guys see this? VK? Pyrrhus? Are they just not working Professional jobs, or? ...
    Management seems biased against young people. We have a bunch of good young supervisor level people that just don't get promoted. I SMH often because they end up doing manager level work and taking manager level responsibility anyway and just don't get paid like older people. Sucks because I know several are young fathers/mothers. Ageism is only real discrimination I've ever seen.

IT/Application support is a mixed bag. Most of them are older, but there's another factor there. I have seen a good share of younger tech people come through, but they never stay. They always go off to some other job in a year or two.

My immediate team is one older lady and then mostly the same age. I know two of them graduated high school the same year as me and the others are only a few years older.

Management seems biased against young people. We have a bunch of good young supervisor level people that just don't get promoted. I SMH often because they end up doing manager level work and taking manager level responsibility anyway and just don't get paid like older people. Sucks because I know several are young fathers/mothers. Ageism is only real discrimination I've ever seen.

IT/Application support is a mixed bag. Most of them are older, but there's another factor there. I have seen a good share of younger tech people come through, but they never stay. They always go off to some other job in a year or two.

My immediate team is one older lady and then mostly the same age. I know two of them graduated high school the same year as me and the others are only a few years older.
    I noticed the same pattern at my old job. Anyone in the range of 22-28ish would be out the door just as soon as they could find something better. Of course, talking about government work, there is always something better.

I noticed the same pattern at my old job. Anyone in the range of 22-28ish would be out the door just as soon as they could find something better. Of course, talking about government work, there is always something better.
    Having recently posted positions I didn't even receive many resumes (10 of maybe 1000) from people under 35 (position wanted 1-2 years of experience). Of those I did receive, I threw out over half for bad judgment on social media. If I can search for your real name and city/state and find your Facebook page that has a bunch of political crap posted on it I don't want you. I don't even care if it's my brand of political crap showing up there, it shows poor judgment.

When I think about the groups I work with in affiliated corporations and data centers, none of those people are < 35 either, and these aren't generally managers. My sample size isn't massive, maybe a few hundred people. But, a few hundred people universally being 35+ seems odd. Also, out of the total stack a good 50% were poo in the loo Indians. 99% of which were garbage with word salad resumes.

In addition, a few poo in the loo's and one black guy actually had public code repositories which they had listed on their resume to go "see examples of their work"; wherein they were blatantly stealing other people's work and labeling it as their own. That's madness.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Done. x2

Nigga if I spent 230 dollars on socks, one of those socks better be a fleshlight that fries chicken for me.

Nigga if I spent 230 dollars on socks, one of those socks better be a fleshlight that fries chicken for me.
    22yo me is at the back of my mind right now like "welcome to your 30's, where THIS excites you. Fucking socks.".

32yo me is not only loving the socks but is now wearing socks around the apartment instead of being barefoot, which is something only old people do. I even slept in them.

http://mmo.catacombs.com/showthread....9-Edjmucayshun
    Looking back at my Edjmucayshun thread, all I've done is work, whine about working, and learn a little bit of Excell (during work hours). I've barely cracked the book on SWIFT, the language I decided on.

http://mmo.catacombs.com/showthread....hlight=firearm
    Looking back all the way to 2016, I still don't have a firearm... damn... WTF is wrong with me... it's so easy to read about them, IDK why I haven't just gone and done it. Just typing this post I've changed my mind twice about going towards pistol, shotgun or AR-15 again. I'm about to roll a damn dice just to get over the hump and stop being an unarmed victim in waiting.

Games suck. I think I'm going to just give up on gaming this year. Do the firearm hobby or learn SWIFT in my free time. I have FFXV if I get snowed in or something.

Looking back at my Edjmucayshun thread, all I've done is work, whine about working, and learn a little bit of Excell (during work hours). I've barely cracked the book on SWIFT, the language I decided on.

Looking back all the way to 2016, I still don't have a firearm... damn... WTF is wrong with me... it's so easy to read about them, IDK why I haven't just gone and done it. Just typing this post I've changed my mind twice about going towards pistol, shotgun or AR-15 again. I'm about to roll a damn dice just to get over the hump and stop being an unarmed victim in waiting.

Games suck. I think I'm going to just give up on gaming this year. Do the firearm hobby or learn SWIFT in my free time. I have FFXV if I get snowed in or something.
    AR-15's are like computers. You can build your own from the ground up and customize every part.

AR-15's are like computers. You can build your own from the ground up and customize every part.
    I'm on the NRA website looking for training and there's just nothing. I'd have to drive 3-4hrs to and 3-4hrs back from anywhere that I could get into a class in the next two weeks, and I have never even held an AR-15. It'd be foolish to buy or build one to defend myself with at this point. I just don't know what I'm doing.

I will take my time and look at AR parts to put something together soon in case there's a ban and I'll take an extra trip to TX in the fall and get training while I'm down there staying with family who can gift me some heterosexual capacity magazines.

Since pistols are a waiting period and class requirement the dice won't be necessary. I'll just go get a shotgun like you guys told me to last time. I may even call up my cousin and just buy whatever shotgun he doesn't want anymore.

Set specific goals. Not like, bullshit "I'm gonna do X" goals. Say, this saturday, I am going to a gunshop. Then look to see where you want to go and make arrangements. Then DO that shit. You'll feel a lot better with a concrete plan.

Set specific goals. Not like, bullshit "I'm gonna do X" goals. Say, this saturday, I am going to a gunshop. Then look to see where you want to go and make arrangements. Then DO that shit. You'll feel a lot better with a concrete plan.
    Ok Papa Peterson.

Ok Papa Peterson.
    Nigger that isn't peterson, that is weight loss 101.

K I'm gonna do that.

K I'm gonna do that.
    BTW, I don't know how it works in your state but a lot of times people that own gunshops and/or gun ranges, are certified or know someone that is certified that can get you instruction and training. Just show up to one and have a nice chat with someone at the counter. Dont' forget to wear the tropical shirt tho, imo

BTW, I don't know how it works in your state but a lot of times people that own gunshops and/or gun ranges, are certified or know someone that is certified that can get you instruction and training. Just show up to one and have a nice chat with someone at the counter. Dont' forget to wear the tropical shirt tho, imo
    Yeah that's kinda where I'm at.

I need to find a good range where I can do whatever, and go get a membership and see what's up. Then a waypoint will show up on my hud for where I need to go to advance the quest again. Something like that.