+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Camelot Unchained

So MJ (Mark Jacobs) and co are working hard at finally implementing stuff into the game engine they created for Camelot Unchained(www.camelotunchained.com). They've had some recent stress tests for high model count RvR and it seems to have gone well.

Beta 1 (total beta estimated to last a year+) is slated to begin July 4th. Anyone else watching this?

I keep talking myself out of buying the Beta 1 'buy-in' tier. And then occasionally I'll attempt to talk myself into the lifetime subscription package...

I want to believe.

I've actually been playing DAOC lately again, and have seen Boxy Brown around postcount.net

Default Re: Camelot Unchained

So I just pledge for access and 3 additional beta invites in the future if anyone else has the slightest interest let me know. One of these will probably go to IRL friend if I can get him on the hook.

I'd have been interested if the game didn't look like refried goat turds circa 1997. I suffer from nostalgia too, but I can't bring myself to play DAOC. I wish the guild wars 2 team were actually making an updated DAOC...
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Pyrrhis I would defiitely love to tey this one out if you dont find a home for all your beta invites. Ive got bigh hopes out of nastalgia but but on the otherhand Im reserving the right to be crushed if the game turns out to be a flop lol.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

I'll let you know closer to Beta1 (July 4). There was just a small alpha test run tonight, I enjoyed it.

So any news on this game of late? I'd love to know if there is going to be special ruleset servers? Especially an RP server? Have you heard anything about that sort of thing? I'm tempted to buy into a lifetime package.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Hellllp me deciiiiide!!!

I haven't logged in in a few months. It is still quite rough around the edges, they are developing the building and building destruction last I checked.

The game is going to be quite decent looking with huge draw distances and assets, while still running fairly smoothly.

The whole goal of the in-house engine was massive battles, which will depend on the player-base.

PvE is going to be somewhat limited. The game wants to be a PvX with mainly player v player interactions, or G v G.

There is/was a custom ability builder where you can create your own ability to an extent.

The couple PvP 'battleground' type events were interesting and fun although some classes are more implemented than others so balance is out the window right now.

It should be a unique niche game on release, hopefully it gets some good marketing. I think it can/will be a solid game for what it is trying to be, a realm v realm, objective (castle/area control) based PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    I haven't logged in in a few months. It is still quite rough around the edges, they are developing the building and building destruction last I checked.

The game is going to be quite decent looking with huge draw distances and assets, while still running fairly smoothly.

The whole goal of the in-house engine was massive battles, which will depend on the player-base.

PvE is going to be somewhat limited. The game wants to be a PvX with mainly player v player interactions, or G v G.

There is/was a custom ability builder where you can create your own ability to an extent.

The couple PvP 'battleground' type events were interesting and fun although some classes are more implemented than others so balance is out the window right now.

It should be a unique niche game on release, hopefully it gets some good marketing. I think it can/will be a solid game for what it is trying to be, a realm v realm, objective (castle/area control) based PvP.
    Thanks Pyrrhus! I'm trying to decide if it's worth the lifetime risk or not. I hate to lose out on another lifetime membership to something that I'd probably play at regular intervals if not consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Thanks Pyrrhus! I'm trying to decide if it's worth the lifetime risk or not. I hate to lose out on another lifetime membership to something that I'd probably play at regular intervals to get results with male extra if not consistently.
    It's definitely not worth the risk.
    Last edited by hectorw; 11-01-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hectorw View Post
    It's definitely not worth the risk.
    Can you elaborate? Is the game not that good? Or did you spend all your money on spoon engines and t66 turbos with NOS?