+ Reply to Thread

Default Wolcen: Lords of Mayonnaise

I saw this game on steam for sale as an early access. I got curious so I looked up some footage on the jewtube, and thought it looked intradesting:

Anyone already have it yet, play it, or planning on it?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Default Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayonnaise

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Anyone already have it yet, play it, or planning on it?
    I bought this as a really early beta and returned to it late last year after a big patch. Still way too thin. It's basically just a beam of each spell damage type and only a few melee attacks, plus a few buffs at the start of the paths in the skill tree. If you watch the vid where he's on the skill wheel most of the outside of that is actually blank, and some of the dots which aren't blank are still just "UNIMPLEMENTED PASSIVE - TAKING THIS SPOT COSTS NO SKILL POINTS AND HAS NO EFFECT".

If you play a mage/melee hybrid it can be cool because of the unique spending system. Mana regens proportional to rage decay, spending rage makes mana and spending mana makes rage, so you can go back and forth dumping or you can initiate with a spell and then run a tight combo.

EDIT-- Also, it has dodge. Almost forgot about that because I got bored with it really quickly due to low movement speed in huge areas and... cheated like a whore... but playing legit was neat because you have a little dodge roll. I think every ARPG should have that and I hate the MOBA style abilities of Diablo3 where your dodge is an overpowered escape on a timer.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 04-17-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I bought this as a really early beta and returned to it late last year after a big patch. Still way too thin. It's basically just a beam of each spell damage type and only a few melee attacks, plus a few buffs at the start of the paths in the skill tree. If you watch the vid where he's on the skill wheel most of the outside of that is actually blank, and some of the dots which aren't blank are still just "UNIMPLEMENTED PASSIVE - TAKING THIS SPOT COSTS NO SKILL POINTS AND HAS NO EFFECT".

If you play a mage/melee hybrid it can be cool because of the unique spending system. Mana regens proportional to rage decay, spending rage makes mana and spending mana makes rage, so you can go back and forth dumping or you can initiate with a spell and then run a tight combo.

EDIT-- Also, it has dodge. Almost forgot about that because I got bored with it really quickly due to low movement speed in huge areas and... cheated like a whore... but playing legit was neat because you have a little dodge roll. I think every ARPG should have that and I hate the MOBA style abilities of Diablo3 where your dodge is an overpowered escape on a timer.
    Looks like they have been working on it a long time, the graphics looked surprisingly nice. Maybe it will get better by release?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

TBH I don't have a lot of hope for it. It's been out since 2015 hasn't it? If they're this slow Star Citizen is going to beat them to a full feature release. :/

I see a lot of people playing PoExile on the steam charts. I'd probably give that a fresh shot before buying Mayo: Lords of Worcestershire.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

I own it, I liked what I played of it. Beautiful, good combat, nice world, a little mob heavy (even for an arpg) and if it was on sale for around 15, I'd suggest picking it up. I haven't played it in months, waiting for more updates but I don't regret my purchase.

But it is an arpg with nothing overly special last time I checked. Also, I loved Grim Dawn and VK did not, so that might help with your decision. Really though, its probably best to wait till its out, been bitten on the butt by early access before.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Also, I loved Grim Dawn and VK did not...
    I actually saw a conversation between other people about Grim Dawn that seemed totally alien. Did that have some major overhaul after launch or anything? I've been meaning to go back and try it again because I might have gotten it mixed up with something else somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I actually saw a conversation between other people about Grim Dawn that seemed totally alien. Did that have some major overhaul after launch or anything? I've been meaning to go back and try it again because I might have gotten it mixed up with something else somehow.
    Yeah they gave it a pretty big update at release iirc. Its one of the better ARPG's out there imo. It's closer to a spiritual successor to Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 imo. And a hell of a lot better than PoE. I keep meaning to dive back into it, but always forget.

https://trello.com/b/OtdXj2DH/wolcen...p-2018-edition

Might have to reinstall it. Easier to see its updates then too.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.