+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

I just started it today too. I had some eggs this morning with pickles. Lunch was a bit harder, I ended up eating from a rotiserrie chicken and wedges of cheese. Tonight I had a Philly cheese steak pizza and a few beers. Its more difficult than I thought it would be to eat meat for every meal.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

This is my favorite guy to listen to when it comes to food health and concerns. He is very crunch granola but weirdly, fairly alt-right. Didn't know that latter part until well after I had already liked him.

He just makes good informative videos. Don't gotta believe everything he says obviously but it makes you think and do your own research.

Last edited by Aeinna; 06-01-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I just started it today too. I had some eggs this morning with pickles. Lunch was a bit harder, I ended up eating from a rotiserrie chicken and wedges of cheese. Tonight I had a Philly cheese steak pizza and a few beers. Its more difficult than I thought it would be to eat meat for every meal.
    I totally missed your reply earlier.

How many carbs are in your pickles per serving? You count net carbs, not total, which means you subtract the fiber from the amount listed. Something says 8 carbs but 4 fiber? 4 carbs.

This diet is difficult and not at the same time. It depends on how much you like meat. I like large varieties and currently our fridge is full of bratwurst, knockwurst, hotdogs, chicken, bacon, london broil, etc etc. I eat lots of salmon but restrict ocean fish to once a week, mercury and all that. YET, these are mostly deli meats because the other versions of this, by the oscar meyer hotdogs, full of filler junk. I keep saying this, you have got to look at ingredient lists. Otherwise you can very likely sabotage the diet by having too many carbs and end up feeling worse. You even have to check bacon and breakfast sausage. Some people eat only 80/20 (or fatter) hamburger meat as all of their meals, because they are crazy niggers. We need variety but Marou is struggling much more because he likes less types of meat.

Do you like dairy products? I eat three eggs every morning and cheese, quite a bit of it, with at least one meal or as a snack.

Word of caution, quite a few people don't feel good eating tons of lean meat, like white chicken. If they do, they often add fats into, by cooking it in butter or adding cheese a side. You will feel like ASS if you do not drink tons more water and get your electrolytes in balance. I've said it a bunch but it needs to be taken seriously. Salt your meals, buy an electrolyte powder/liquid drops, even take some salt straight if you have too.

I have come to the belief that the people who can really do this diet are people who are just done with the S.A.D. (standard american diet). If you aren't 100% sure, ready to give up all the other junk you love, it will never work. You have to be prepared to let it all go and say fuck all that food. Will power to change is what it takes.

If you are hungry, you eat. Eat until you are full. If cheese is the only thing you can stomach that day, eat a shit ton of cheese while you adjust. If its eggs and bacon, eat nothing but that. I still make egg salad, chicken salad and tuna/salmon patties (sans bread crumbs). Like in the previous post, I had a fucking pound of shrimp and a can of salmon, which oddly, I hadn't lost weight in 4 days but 24 hours later, down 2 pounds. Coincidence? Maybe but listen to your body, it will tell you what to eat and when to stop if you give it the fuel in needs. I mean animal products, not carbs.

And if you get tired of plain fucking water, nestle makes a sucralose flavored water that is good and gatorade makes propel water which just has sucralose and flavors as well.

Edit:

I want to make sure this is clear, you do not count calories on this diet. If you are hungry 2 hours later after 5 eggs and 4 bacon strips, eat again. You might even gain a pound or two but its okay, it comes off because your appetite will regulate. The only concern is carbs, though obviously we have tiny amounts because we need our sauces. It is still less than 10 a day and those items have no sugar or other bad products. Eventually we even plan to add some lettuce to our diets, cause ya know what, hamburgers suck by themselves but we will still keep it under 10 carbs and not before three months. Maybe never actually, considering the pepper rings fucked my stomach up. Which is why it is reiterated over and over again, let your body adapt before doing shit that like.

If y'all really want to try this and see if it works, you not only should give it at least a month trial run but you have to say no. Marou craves chocolate at least once a day, he just doesn't have it. Also, VK, just to make sure I've repeated myself enough, you can not compare your experience with ours, as you are still consuming BAD FUCKING FOOD, resetting ketosis and making yourself not only feel worse but take twice as long to get adjusted. If y'all want to do keto or paleo, which is in a lot of ways easier, then go for it. But you still have to give up most of what you are eating.

Keto? They still eat less than 20g of carbs a day and if you want bread or something similar? Make it yourself, using special flour. You want a potato? Too fucking bad.

Paleo? Almost the same as Keto except they do eat some root veggies and I think they use honey.

Carnivore? Eat meat, drink water. Nothing as simple as that.

No matter what you do or try, if you want to restrict carbs, gotta give it all up.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 06-02-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

TLDR:

EAT MEAT, CHEESE, EGGS, DRINK WATER/COFFEE. ELIMINATE ALL SUGAR/CARBS

My mind is still blown by Vahkwan's post. If you have >20 carbs a day and a high fat meat diet, your body is just gonna store all the fat.

Ketosis is the body starving for carbs/sugar and deciding, "Fuck, I guess I gotta tap the fat". It starts shitty at it, and gets better within a few months. This is why there is feeling like crap period associated. Exceeding carb/sugar threshold just sets you back at your body saying, "fuck breaking that hard shit down. I'll store it for later while nigger feeds me grape drank and watermelon."
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I didn't really start the diet. I just thought I'd fuck with you guys after I read VK's post. I figured since he was probably playing with you, I'd pour on the tard by saying I drank a bunch of beer and ate pizza, thereby defeating the point of the diet. You cant even buy beer where I live, its been years since I've had it.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

I didn't really start the diet. I just thought I'd fuck with you guys after I read VK's post. I figured since he was probably playing with you, I'd pour on the tard by saying I drank a bunch of beer and ate pizza, thereby defeating the point of the diet. You cant even buy beer where I live, its been years since I've had it.
    Nigger, I typed all that shit out cause you played with my feels! Seriously though, if I knew you were playing I would have just made a simple post stating VK be doing it wrong. I don't think he is playing, at all. If he is, then, why? So we think he is a donkey brain? You get the point of the diet, maybe he is playing.

Oh, VK, you jokester.

Maybe someone will get something useful out of our posts then. Because now I refuse to believe he has actually eaten the way he has said.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 06-02-2018 at 04:17 AM.

I'm not trying to play with anyone. I never claimed I was trying to strictly follow their diet. I only ever said that I coincidentally naturally shifted towards eating a ton of meat as well. Looking back at my first post, I guess I gave them the impression I was trying to strictly stay in ketosis and I guess I underestimated how serious they were. That all said, I really do feel a fuckton better in a bunch of ways. If I feel this good at 70-80% meat I might just go for it. After I finish these two french crullers.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 06-02-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I'm not trying to play with anyone. I never claimed I was trying to strictly follow their diet. I only ever said that I coincidentally naturally shifted towards eating a ton of meat as well. Looking back at my first post, I guess I gave them the impression I was trying to strictly stay in ketosis and I guess I underestimated how serious they were. That all said, I really do feel a fuckton better in a bunch of ways. If I feel this good at 70-80% meat I might just go for it. After I finish these two french crullers.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I'm trying to figure out how you switched to fried chicken fingers, coke, chips, and candy and are feeling better. Nigga what did you eat before, toilet cleaner? When I was in the army, we had this coffee that was so toxic is used to burn through the paper cups if you didnt drink it fast enough. Maybe that is what you were eating before.

Edit: I just looked up a French Cruller, that shit looks amazeballs.

Double Edit: Seriously though, if you do start on the diet let us know how it goes. I love reading this kind of shit, especially how it effects you psychologically.
    Last edited by Zavon; 06-02-2018 at 01:28 PM.

I'm on the see food diet.

I see food, I eats it.

I'm trying to figure out how you switched to fried chicken fingers, coke, chips, and candy and are feeling better. Nigga what did you eat before, toilet cleaner? When I was in the army, we had this coffee that was so toxic is used to burn through the paper cups if you didnt drink it fast enough. Maybe that is what you were eating before.

Edit: I just looked up a French Cruller, that shit looks amazeballs.

Double Edit: Seriously though, if you do start on the diet let us know how it goes. I love reading this kind of shit, especially how it effects you psychologically.
    I didn't add or remove them from my diet. I went from buying bags of chips and 12packs of cans at the grocery store twice a week, to eating a little fun size bag and drinking one can two or three times a week. Sometimes I indulge, yesterday we got wings and I had like three cans of coke in one day because I went back to the table of wings three times, but I haven't done that in months.

Where I found overlap with the thread was meat. I tried to cook for myself a lot more and make better choices there, but I really only made good meals a few times. Either I'd make something indulgent like chicken alfredo, or I'd not bother at all and just eat the meat on tortillas. Eventually I started rationalizing that I was "making tacos" lol but it was just seasoned chicken, beef or fish being eaten or tortillas. I don't even use the "taco seasoning" that I bought. I just hit the meat with chili powder, salt and pepper and cook in a little olive oil or butter.

Then there's this thread where A and M are like... we only eat meat now!
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

I didn't add or remove them from my diet. I went from buying bags of chips and 12packs of cans at the grocery store twice a week, to eating a little fun size bag and drinking one can two or three times a week. Sometimes I indulge, yesterday we got wings and I had like three cans of coke in one day because I went back to the table of wings three times, but I haven't done that in months.

Where I found overlap with the thread was meat. I tried to cook for myself a lot more and make better choices there, but I really only made good meals a few times. Either I'd make something indulgent like chicken alfredo, or I'd not bother at all and just eat the meat on tortillas. Eventually I started rationalizing that I was "making tacos" lol but it was just seasoned chicken, beef or fish being eaten or tortillas. I don't even use the "taco seasoning" that I bought. I just hit the meat with chili powder, salt and pepper and cook in a little olive oil or butter.

This is where my mind is blown. What you are doing is probably going to make you fat. Your body either burns fat or carbs/sugar. You are sending your body into the beginning stages of ketosis and then just yanking it back out again. If you are burning carbs/sugar, it is storing all that fat. It takes days/weeks for your body to even to begin to burn the fat in it at a good rate and here you talk about indulging while eating all that meat.

I say be all in or don't, cause it just sounds like a recipe for disaster. But who knows, maybe it will work for you. At least you aren't going vegan.

If there is one thing I miss about being single its having control of my own food. Dieting can be hard if you don't sit down and plan every meal out for the week. Then throw a whole nother person into the mix that likes to buy junk food and its fucking retarded.

If there is one thing I miss about being single its having control of my own food. Dieting can be hard if you don't sit down and plan every meal out for the week. Then throw a whole nother person into the mix that likes to buy junk food and its fucking retarded.
    Dude, that sucks and completely understandable. I can't imagine trying to eat healthy, whatever diet you chose and your partner not being on board.

I think the meat diet is the only one you don't have to plan for. Buy meat, on sale if you can, in bulk. Take it out to thaw when you wants it. Don't even gotta have the same meal because meat keeps great in the fridge. Today Marou had london broil and I had knockwurst with cheese. The biggest issue with all diets, is you have to cook, all the time. Unless you are one of those crazy weekly meal prep people.

The thought of going to visit family and having to buy everything makes me want to never leave the house. My family eats low fat, high carb. And I mean low fat as in, the bad fats. Fake butter, skim milk, etc etc.

I know you cook Zav, you could try keto. They have tons of recipes for every thing you could want or imagine. Eating healthy but still feel like you are eating junk food occasionally but not. I've seen keto doughnut recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    I say be all in or don't, cause it just sounds like a recipe for disaster. But who knows, maybe it will work for you. At least you aren't going vegan.
    Again, it's not a planned diet beyond just being barely responsible enough to not eat chips and cake and drink soda 24/7. Meat is just where I drifted to. I am effectively "or don't" at this point.

I think I've made posts about diet before where I've said I go on "kicks" of eating the same thing really often for a period of two weeks or so. At first that's what I thought this was TBH, but it's been months and it's not going away. I was mentioning frozen veggies earlier. Some of them are from meals I planned in 2017 before I went to Texas, and just ate the meat and left them.

You have nearly persuaded me. I might start trying to get into this for realzies after I finish off the box of frozen mini corn dogs.

Again, it's not a planned diet beyond just being barely responsible enough to not eat chips and cake and drink soda 24/7. Meat is just where I drifted to. I am effectively "or don't" at this point.

I think I've made posts about diet before where I've said I go on "kicks" of eating the same thing really often for a period of two weeks or so. At first that's what I thought this was TBH, but it's been months and it's not going away. I was mentioning frozen veggies earlier. Some of them are from meals I planned in 2017 before I went to Texas, and just ate the meat and left them.

You have nearly persuaded me. I might start trying to get into this for realzies after I finish off the box of frozen mini corn dogs.
    It sounds like they are getting really close. Maybe after the corndogs and french crumpets you can knock of the Lays Baked potato biscuits and gravy flavored chips. You'll almost be there dawg.
    Last edited by Zavon; 06-03-2018 at 09:57 AM.

It sounds like they are getting really close. Maybe after the corndogs and french crumpets you can knock of the Lays Baked potato biscuits and gravy flavored chips. You'll almost be there dawg.
    I actually still haven't tried those biscuit and gravy flavored ones. Everyone says they're tits though. Was that a limited time thing, or can you still get those? If I have time I might check Walmart before work.

I actually still haven't tried those biscuit and gravy flavored ones. Everyone says they're tits though. Was that a limited time thing, or can you still get those? If I have time I might check Walmart before work.
    Honestly I am the wrong one to ask. I loved them but I love biscuits and gravy with an almost sexual energy. I go balls deep on biscuits and gravy, then cunnilingus them afterward.

I had the biscuits and gravy chips months ago when they were first doing the flavor competitions. I didn't think they were that good, even though I love me some biscuits and gravy. That being said, none of the Lays chips are that good compared to Utz (IMO). Utz pickle chips rule all.

Goldfish are the carb snack to rule them all.

Salty? Check.

Crunchy? Check.

Cheesy? Check.

Doesn't have 'cheeto dust'? Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post

Salty? Check.

Crunchy? Check.

Cheesy? Check.

Cheezits dominate your dirty Goldfish. Much better flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post

Salty? Check.

Crunchy? Check.

Cheesy? Check.

I eat the shit out of goldfish. My kids love em', I love em. I have a huge box of them in my lap right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Cheezits dominate your dirty Goldfish. Much better flavor.
    Extra Toasty is a good one.

Better Cheddars are my favorite carb snack, but they give me heartburn like a motherfucker so they may as well be antacid flavored.

I tend to stick to pork rinds now.

Since the idiot who stocks the machine does not get the clearly superior Lays chips, I tend to eat Utz for my work snacks. Crab seasoning chips either way.

Better Cheddars are my favorite carb snack, but they give me heartburn like a motherfucker so they may as well be antacid flavored.

I tend to stick to pork rinds now.

Since the idiot who stocks the machine does not get the clearly superior Lays chips, I tend to eat Utz for my work snacks. Crab seasoning chips either way.
    Pork rinds be rolling. I went on Paleo a while back (like 4 years ago or something) and pork rinds were a god send for it. They are filling and work well with the diet.