+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

Stopped doing cardio pretty much completely. We do about a 3 minute bike, just for warm ups. Switched to strength training with as heavy as we can do, low reps, everyday. Figuring out how much we can do, what different ones we can do, while giving muscles rest but working out everyday. Got a kettlebell (35 pounds, kicking our ass), use it for core training and then do things like curls, bench presses, etc, with bar bell and weights.

Also switched to a 1:1, some days 1:2, fat to protein ratio. Feeling better since doing that.

I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying weight lifting. Even though I love our exercise bike, I still get bored after 5 minutes or so on it. I don't feel bored or hate exercising with heavy weight training.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 06-07-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Stopped doing cardio pretty much completely. We do about a 3 minute bike, just for warm ups. Switched to strength training with as heavy as we can do, low reps, everyday. Figuring out how much we can do, what different ones we can do, while giving muscles rest but working out everyday. Got a kettlebell (35 pounds, kicking our ass), use it for core training and then do things like curls, bench presses, etc, with bar bell and weights.

Also switched to a 1:1, some days 1:2, fat to protein ratio. Feeling better since doing that.

I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying weight lifting. Even though I love our exercise bike, I still get bored after 5 minutes or so on it. I don't feel bored or hate exercising with heavy weight training.
    Weight lifting is hella good for weight loss too. Once you get that muscle mass built, it burns up calories like crazy, just for existing.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

I like cardio for the mindlessness of it. If I'm doing light cardio for long time I'll listen to an audio book. If I'm doing intense for shorter bursts I'll blast the techno/beats.

I have dumb strength from my job in Shipping/Receiving/Purchasing so I tend to not worry about improving muscle mass.

Ya'll are making me think about examining my diet with a food journal or something to see what I am doing to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    I like cardio for the mindlessness of it. If I'm doing light cardio for long time I'll listen to an audio book. If I'm doing intense for shorter bursts I'll blast the techno/beats.

I have dumb strength from my job in Shipping/Receiving/Purchasing so I tend to not worry about improving muscle mass.

Ya'll are making me think about examining my diet with a food journal or something to see what I am doing to myself.
    The thing I've learned from this whole process and looking at every fucking label/ingredients for carbs is that there is a SoySpiracy. Fucking almost every shelf product has soybean oil or other estrogen inducing soy products in it's makeup. Store Mayo? Mostly Soy. Salad Dressing? Soy. Any fucking thing with oil in it? Soy. It's goddamn ridiculous.

It's no wonder sperm counts are dropping and we're seeing this everywhere -->

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    The thing I've learned from this whole process and looking at every fucking label/ingredients for carbs is that there is a SoySpiracy. Fucking almost every shelf product has soybean oil or other estrogen inducing soy products in it's makeup. Store Mayo? Mostly Soy. Salad Dressing? Soy. Any fucking thing with oil in it? Soy. It's goddamn ridiculous.

It's no wonder sperm counts are dropping and we're seeing this everywhere -->

Just seeing Jessie Cox's fat fuckin' face in a still shot triggers me. That nigga needs to dead.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Soy Oil and High Fructose Corn syrup. Both byproducts of other major businesses, similar to ethanol being in our gas (they use corn discard that they wouldn't even use for feed to distill). I remember visiting an Ethanol plant one time and so much of the profit in the Agri is ensuring that literally none of the plants you are harvesting have any waste. To do this, markets had to be created. Cheap alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Weight lifting is hella good for weight loss too. Once you get that muscle mass built, it burns up calories like crazy, just for existing.
    Exactly why we stopped cardio. I noticed something similar in everyone who used cardio to lose weight, instead of weight lifting. Their bodies do not look great, even at only 40 pounds lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrr

I've tried everything to make cardio not boring, it just is to me.

I learned a lesson about food the other day and labeling laws, how we are probably fucking with our bodies. I love cheese and I had a day of eating a ton of it. Was very surprised to learn that while by serving size, no carbs, add an extra serving, it does. I ended up consuming 15g of carbs that day and since then have been very careful. A lot of products are like that. It isn't just nutritional info you have to look at, you have to actually go and look at more than 1 serving of something.

The soybean oil in everything was shocking. Even products that say they are made with certain oils, like avocado still contain soy.

Edit: Almost at the end of week 4 and finally, today is the first day that I feel great. Lots of energy, looking forward to exercising, a general all around great mood. I don't know if it will last but it might be the start of actually being adapted and getting enough energy burned from fat.

Edit 2:

We are going to print these out and tape them to the wall. We are slowly working them into our routines. We can't do all of them right now, but got goals.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/72/38/3a/7...5c2e6a48de.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/b7...8f73d27b90.jpg

We don't have a set routine and we need one, too much weight changing. I need 30lbs for some, 50 for others and a couple 80. Marou needs 50, 80 and 100/125. We feel like jello but its a good feeling.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 06-08-2018 at 03:40 AM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

If anyone is still interested:

Start of week six and quite a bit has changed. Energy is completely back, with extra. Don't get afternoon fatigue anymore or after meal fatigue. We have pretty much stopped taking electrolyte supplements and instead do a square of 92% dark chocolate after workouts. Tastes fucking awful but can be really good for you with all the magnesium. Started today, taking liquid iodine because we cut all table salt (not other salt) out of our diet and took a guess we might be mildly deficient, can't comment on that yet, can take a couple of days to kick in.

While still staying under 10g of carbs a day, we've had one day a week of making a more keto meal. Had fathead dough pizza a couple of weeks ago and I am not sure if its the diet but it was one of the best pizza dough's we have ever had. We have also discovered that McDonald's plain, no bread quarter pounders are seriously good and cheap if you get a double stack.

Our consumption of food is different. As in, we are not only eating a whole lot less, we are doing unintentional intermittent fasting. Went 20 hours without eating yesterday, simply from not being hungry and felt great. I'd take a guess and say on most days we are getting about 1000-1200 calories. I figure it will eventually go up with working out but our bodies are happy burning the fat in it right now. Started craving meat, instead of the things we used to eat. Marou's chocolate cravings are mostly gone.

Sleep has stabilized and is on a unchanging schedule. 11- 12 rolls around and its fucking night night time and by 7 in the morning, we are just awake. Never had that before. Our skin looks healthier. Not like we are looking younger, just better.

I guess thats it, not as much as I thought when writing it out. I don't foresee anything else changing besides weight, figure this will be the last update.

Was rough at first, really damn rough but worth it now. Neither of us have any intentions of going back to a regular diet and are happy. If anyone does decide to try a keto/carnivore diet, hope this thread helps.

If anyone is still interested:

Start of week six and quite a bit has changed. Energy is completely back, with extra. Don't get afternoon fatigue anymore or after meal fatigue. We have pretty much stopped taking electrolyte supplements and instead do a square of 92% dark chocolate after workouts. Tastes fucking awful but can be really good for you with all the magnesium. Started today, taking liquid iodine because we cut all table salt (not other salt) out of our diet and took a guess we might be mildly deficient, can't comment on that yet, can take a couple of days to kick in.

While still staying under 10g of carbs a day, we've had one day a week of making a more keto meal. Had fathead dough pizza a couple of weeks ago and I am not sure if its the diet but it was one of the best pizza dough's we have ever had. We have also discovered that McDonald's plain, no bread quarter pounders are seriously good and cheap if you get a double stack.

Our consumption of food is different. As in, we are not only eating a whole lot less, we are doing unintentional intermittent fasting. Went 20 hours without eating yesterday, simply from not being hungry and felt great. I'd take a guess and say on most days we are getting about 1000-1200 calories. I figure it will eventually go up with working out but our bodies are happy burning the fat in it right now. Started craving meat, instead of the things we used to eat. Marou's chocolate cravings are mostly gone.

Sleep has stabilized and is on a unchanging schedule. 11- 12 rolls around and its fucking night night time and by 7 in the morning, we are just awake. Never had that before. Our skin looks healthier. Not like we are looking younger, just better.

I guess thats it, not as much as I thought when writing it out. I don't foresee anything else changing besides weight, figure this will be the last update.

Was rough at first, really damn rough but worth it now. Neither of us have any intentions of going back to a regular diet and are happy. If anyone does decide to try a keto/carnivore diet, hope this thread helps.
    How ya'll niggas eatin chocolate on the carnivore diet.

Nigger, 92% dark chocolate and one square. Do you know how bad it is? Might as well eat bakers chocolate, shit is so bitter. A square is 2g carbs and less than 1g of sugar. Only reason we do it, is it actually makes us feel better after working out and one square has a good amount of magnesium and lowers insulin resistance, of which I have issues with.

Ghiradelli's website is the only place I can find it online, though we get ours at walmart.

I thought I mentioned before we aren't 100% carnivore, more like 95 -98%. If we were, we wouldn't even use sauces and fuck that. The few percent that isn't meat is sauce, the daily bit of ass tasting chocolate and the once a week to two weeks keto meal, which still fits in what deem as our diet guidelines (like the fathead dough). I would never suggest to most people to do what we are doing. Know a few people who are trying some variation of keto/carnivore (they chose this without knowing we were doing it to) and have big problems with cheating, like eating cakes and chips and whatever bad food they come across. It doesn't seem to be easy for most to go cold turkey and to deprive themselves of food they enjoy. I am rather proud of us for being 6 weeks in, haven't cheated once and seem to be on the path of probably never cheating.

That was just a long ramble of me basically saying, we've stuck to under 10g of carbs a day, even with the chocolate added in and eat almost exclusively animal kingdom.

Nigger, 92% dark chocolate and one square. Do you know how bad it is? Might as well eat bakers chocolate, shit is so bitter. A square is 2g carbs and less than 1g of sugar. Only reason we do it, is it actually makes us feel better after working out and one square has a good amount of magnesium and lowers insulin resistance, of which I have issues with.

Ghiradelli's website is the only place I can find it online, though we get ours at walmart.
    https://www.tazachocolate.com/collec...ts/wicked-dark
    https://www.tazachocolate.com/collec...cts/bolivia-87
    https://www.tazachocolate.com/collec...rk-with-ginger

Read the ingredients on your Walmart shit then read the ingredients on the Taza.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    We read the ingredients of everything, its Ghiradelli and those serving sizes are triple what we consume, so it would still be 2 carbs and less than 1 sugar. You subtract fiber from carbs if you know its insoluble, because you don't digest it, you just shit it out. Most artificial sugars work this way. If something says sugar alcohol, look up what type and see if your body digests it and same with fiber.

I can't link you the one we buy, because its not anywhere online that shows nutritional info, because it seems to be a new product of theirs.

Trying to school me boi and then dared to call Ghiradelli walmart shit. Though I do gotta say, 92% dark chocolate is not good.

Lastly, I have no damn idea why dark chocolate doesn't list magnesium. It was something we found out by looking up foods high in it, so we didn't have to take supplements. Maybe it really doesn't but signs point to that is does. We are also going to make our own, so we are using erythritol instead of real sugar.

http://www.publix.com/pd/ghirardelli...RIO-PCI-551331

Whole serving (3 squares) is 6 net carbs, we get the bag of squares which are 2 per square and eat one a day. So bitter though...
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I had 100% dark chocolate at a chocolate factory tour, shits disgusting.

Now put that dark chocolate around an espresso bean? FUCK YEA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    http://www.publix.com/pd/ghirardelli...RIO-PCI-551331

Whole serving (3 squares) is 6 net carbs, we get the bag of squares which are 2 per square and eat one a day. So bitter though...
    It's bitter because it's SHIT.

"Unsweetened Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Sugar, Milk Fat, Vanilla Extract, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoom and enhance!

Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

It's bitter because it's SHIT.

"Unsweetened Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Sugar, Milk Fat, Vanilla Extract, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoom and enhance!

Unfortunately Alkalization (dutching) adds a bunch of carbs. The flavor isn't shit; it's just really bitter, like black coffee.

It's SHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT

There ain't no way around this argument. That chocolate bullshit aint meat, and its soy. SMH, no wonder ya'll niggas is shitting all over the place like pigeons.

Hey look guys, I'm gonna go to this place for a nice carnivore diet meal:

U better not be mad grill. I was just havin' fun.

We made our own chocolate bars (artificial sugar, less carbs) which I think are delicious and Marou is meh on. Taste like that squeeze chocolate you get to put over ice cream that hardens into a shell but melts as soon as you touch it.

Iodine update:

Could be placebo or not but after being on it for 4 days, we both feel much better. Stuff is weirdly gross but not so bad it makes you gag.

Carbless "Cheesy bread". I saw this video on FB and thought you guys might could use it:

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...-bread-recipe/

I'm down 41 lbs now since this thread was started.