+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

It's interesting to read your diary/experience of it after doing some research the other night.

As mentioned before it's possible its not a good fit for M based on genetics or his gut bacteria but he may turn it around. Would seem dangerous to have diarrhea and the already upped water intake needs, risking dehydration?

Do you think you've lost the inches due to fat burn or water loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    It's interesting to read your diary/experience of it after doing some research the other night.

As mentioned before it's possible its not a good fit for M based on genetics or his gut bacteria but he may turn it around. Would seem dangerous to have diarrhea and the already upped water intake needs, risking dehydration?

Do you think you've lost the inches due to fat burn or water loss?

Water loss primary, probably about 70% of it, still means I've lost a few pounds. To clarify I've had diarrhea like poop. I'm not pooping non-stop (about 2 times a day); just when I do, it's alien blood.

From what I understand in going from a high carb diet to a low/zero carb high fat diet, poop revolution is common.

Muscle weighs more than fat, and we have been exercising several times a week. So, I think when we shed all the water we'll probably see weight loss slow to a crawl for a few months as we add muscle and burn fat. Muscle weighs more than fat after all. That's why we're measuring our waists with tailor's tape, it's a better metric.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

I forgot to add, that even through all of this, my mood has stabilized greatly. I may still get irritable moments from the keto flu but it lasts for seconds and then its gone. The last time I got anxious was when I started peeing the ketones and noticed it was highlighter yellow and thought something had gone wrong. Even then, it wasn't even close to the same amount of anxiety I would have normally gotten. There is a general feeling of zen-ness that is not my normal state. Its nice.

Another thing I forgot to mention is our sense of smell seems stronger. I've not seen anyone talk about this but we noticed it about halfway through the week.

Edit: One other side effect everyone talks about, your libido increases. I have noticed this but feeling like ass has prevented us acting on it. At this point we'd rather sleep. Will be interesting to see what happens when we feel better.

Edit 2: I keep missing shit to add because so much has happened. The day after we started this, I burned the hell out of my stomach. I splashed boiling water on it and it has healed crazy fast. It didn't blister or hurt for more than a few hours. I have a red mark where it happened but otherwise it is like I didn't even injure myself. There is a website called meatheals with people talking about their experiences and yeah, zero carb does increase your ability to heal.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-19-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Hey, if you are losing on it that's the most important thing. Congrats! I wonder though how much of your bowel stuff is related to the coffee changes. Coffee always messes with my shits.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Hey, if you are losing on it that's the most important thing. Congrats! I wonder though how much of your bowel stuff is related to the coffee changes. Coffee always messes with my shits.
    I thought about that, but I'm pretty sure it's just the massive increase in fat intake. One thing both of us forgot to mention earlier. Spices and shit have sometimes alot of carbs/sugars in them (esp garlic/onion powder). You can't take for granted they don't.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Okay, I think this is the last update.

Its not meat fatigue that a lot of people go through, I think. Its food fatigue. Carbs are filling, requiring you to eat less. Meat is not and it is recommended to consume 1 to 2 pounds when not exercising and 2 to 4 when you are. That is a lot of fucking meat and it isn't till you are eating it, that it becomes really apparent, especially when you are not a steak lover. Today I had 5 eggs, 4 sausage patties, 6 hamburgers, 1 slice of cheese split on those for burgers and 2 string cheeses. This is what we have been eating almost everyday, with the exception of sirloins and round steaks sometimes. I think we are sitting between 1 to 2 pounds a day and I am god damn tired of eating. If you have a problem with loving food, this is the perfect diet because you get cured quick of that.

The thought of going back to a regular diet makes me want to hurl.

I have been doing some research and am trying to find ways to make one of my meals drinkable, so I don't have to eat so much. I know a lot of people recommend bulletproof coffee and I have been looking at zero carb and sugar protein powders, thinking of making a coffee shake with it added in occasionally. I don't want to have more than 10 carbs a day (shockingly, eggs contain .6, so don't go eating 20 eggs a day) and i'm not a carnivore zealot who is gonna scream you can only have animal kingdom products. I think staying between 95 to 100% animal is fine, depending on how your body reacts to it.

I'll have to keep researching before I try a keto protein powder but I would cry with joy if I could lower the amount of food consumption because of a coffee shake of some sort. Maybe the food fatigue will go away, hopefully.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Almost mid week update. This is like a roller coaster. The muscle fatigue is pretty much gone it seems but our sleep is shit. We wake up every hour, without fail and its not restful. Here is hoping that this will end soon, because it really messes with you.

Think we figured out what is causing Marou's bacon grease shits. I have also had some of the worst heartburn I've ever experienced. His is the fat hits his stomach and digests it just fine but once it passes on, his body doesn't know what to do with it yet, so grease poops. Mine is the fat hits my stomach and the acid isn't strong enough, causes mad heartburn but when it passes on, everything is cool. There are two supplements recommended to fix this and we are getting them today. We could just power through but fuck that, if you don't have to suffer, no need to.

Also read that it is not suggested to take any vitamins when you are getting adapted because it could make it take longer, so I've stopped taking them (still do electrolytes, makes us feel better).

Marou is still having food troubles, everything sounds gross to him and his cravings have not abated at all. I still really have no cravings. I think about other food sometimes but then its just like, meh. It is common for your hunger to be all over the place when adapting but the past few days mine has taking a weird turn. I get full really quickly, not able to finish all my food. I could even be starving and a couple of slices of cheese (hard cheese only, no pre sliced/shredded crap, its got extra stuff you don't need) and I am full for hours. I even want eggs and cheese all the time now. The nice part is the only meat either of us can tolerate right now is hamburger and breakfast sausage, our grocery bill is nothing. Because of this, we started buying fancy cheeses and its been fun to taste them all.

Liquid stevia is not created equal. We bought two brands from the grocery store and one from amazon and the two from the store, fucking revolting. It is cloyingly sweet, coating your mouth for hours and leaves an aspartame flavor. The one from amazon, very different. It doesn't have that aftertaste, doesn't coat your mouth and is less sweet, making it more tolerable.

Wont be doing any shakes. It keeps being repeated you have to give yourself three months to adapt, don't fuck with anything that can mess it up, making it take longer. Which is now fine if all I have to do is eat two sausage patties and be full for 7 hours.

Marou is really struggling, a lot more than me. I saw a keto dude/coach/whatever talking about how once you've been through ketosis (btw, keto diet is NOT carnivore diet, both just send you into ketosis) it is easier to get back into if you fall out of it. I've been through ketosis twice, granted decades ago as a teenager and have no memories of it being this bad but you can do almost anything as a teen and feel no effects. I have to ponder if that is why it isn't hitting me as hard as it is him. Some people barely feel anything and are great after a week and I've read some stories where it takes up to 3 months to feel human again.

I feel decent apart from the bad sleep and bouts of hellish heartburn (caused always by the breakfast sausage, probably because they are mostly fat), hunger is going down and stabilizing and my mood is good. Can't say the same for Marou.

I'm still dropping weight and waist inches, Marou is not. It seems to be really common to either to stop losing weight or to even gain weight the first two months. Not a ton of weight either but a couple of pounds. The theory is that when doing this, you are adding and repairing muscle because often times in the cases of people who do gain a few pounds, they still lose waist inches.

Finally, make your own mayo. Every single brand at the store is soybean oil. I made it yesterday with avocado oil, no sugar and spicy brown mustard, delicious and took 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-22-2018 at 05:40 AM.

I was talking to my MIL the other day, who is a retired nurse, and she was telling me about how she can't eat much meat because she had to have her gallbladder removed. Apparently, the older you get the harder it is for the gallbladder to deal with grease, high fat meats, and high fat dairy. It can lead to constant shits, terrible constant gas, and a whole host of other shit like flu like symptoms.

Of course it may be completely unrelated, but your Old man is an old man. Maybe eating some low fat lean turkey for meals here and there might improve his shitty situation. *shrug*
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Not all diets are for everyone and maybe it could be the fatty meats but before this I've seen him put down 4 hamburgers and have no problems. Only now carbs are taken out of the equation, well carbs not from animals. A lot of people have this problem at first and it does fix itself and the supplement coming today could help. If after a month and nothing has changed or helped, I don't know what he will do. I've seen someone talk about this exact problem and they just added a small portion of broccoli to one of their meals and it fixed everything, still staying zero carb the rest of the time.

And it would have to be a blue moon while hell froze over before you got him to eat turkey. It also makes it worse that the picky nigger does not like seafood, which I could live off the stuff and lots of types are good on this diet. Too rural of an area that we live in to get it good and fresh but I'm going to try to make salmon patties today (got the kind in the foil package). Man I could go for some buttery grilled shrimp. Nig nog would vomit.

Tried bulletproof coffee this morning. Interesting. Don't hate it but it kinda feels like I'm drinking popcorn.

You can't get me to eat most seafood. I'll do catfish, and fried oysters but that is it. Well lobster too, but what kind of nigga eats lobster anywhere close to regular.

What the hell is wrong with you backwards people, not liking seafood? Well, I understand not enjoying raw oysters, because who wants to swallow snot but no crab? Shrimp? Cod? Clams? Scallops?!

I'm pulling a Pyrr and saying y'all be heathens. Next you are going to say you don't like dark meat chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you backwards people, not liking seafood? Well, I understand not enjoying raw oysters, because who wants to swallow snot but no crab? Shrimp? Cod? Clams? Scallops?!

I'm pulling a Pyrr and saying y'all be heathens. Next you are going to say you don't like dark meat chicken.
    MMMMMM MM that dark meat chicken. Whenever I cut up a whole chicken I sit there and pick away at the bottom of that chicken. Best greasy shit right there.

Ok, maybe Crab and Tuna/Cod I could do. All that other stuff, YUCK! Ain't nobody sticking clams, skrimps, or crawdads and crawmoms so I don't offend anyone in they mouf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    MMMMMM MM that dark meat chicken. Whenever I cut up a whole chicken I sit there and pick away at the bottom of that chicken. Best greasy shit right there.
    Can't tell if serious or joking...

I think a good takeaway from this is that this diet might not be for you if you don't like a lot of different meat. Unless you really, really love the few types you can eat.

I've never had liver but I'd give a try, considering it is so nutrient dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon
    Ok, maybe Crab and Tuna/Cod I could do. All that other stuff, YUCK! Ain't nobody sticking clams, skrimps, or crawdads and crawmoms so I don't offend anyone in they mouf.
    If you can eat crab, you can eat scallops. Nothing compares to fresh seafood caught that day though, the shit they serve at places like Red Lobster is bottom of the barrel. And their cheddar bay biscuits are overrated.

Are any of you actually considering trying this? Or some form of it, like keto?

I am interested but only in the theory of the application, i'd probably benefit from fasting/carb starving myself but I fucking love bread...

NSFW Bread

Look at that bread.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 05-22-2018 at 06:41 PM.

That's just mean. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    Ok, maybe Crab...
    Snow Crab.

I grew up eating Maryland blue crabs in the summer and I loathed picking them. I'd sit there and steal everyone's claws, even though claw meat isn't as good as body meat. One day we went to some restaurant and I saw a random person eating snow crab legs. It was the most amazing thing to me. You pull apart one leg section and it's like half a friggin blue crab worth of meat inside. Convinced my dad to let me get the all you can eat snowcrab. He thought it was a waste of money because I wasn't going to eat that much. He was wrooooooong LOL. I hardly ever get them anymore, but I'm going to have to go get some in the morning now that you made me think of it.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

You'd be surprised at what you really miss over what you think you'd miss. Seeing pictures of food doesn't bother me at all, considering we do have to go to the grocery store. I even watched a bunch of keto recipe videos, because I have no intention of being 100% carnivore when I get to a weight/health place I feel is where I need to be. More like 90% some days, 100% others, etc. Never want to go back to a regular diet again. Then again, a year from now we could end up like a lot of other people who after a while, only want meat.

Is it just me or did VK's post not seem like VK? Pod People?
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-23-2018 at 01:31 AM.

You'd be surprised at what you really miss over what you think you'd miss. Seeing pictures of food doesn't bother me at all, considering we do have to go to the grocery store. I even watched a bunch of keto recipe videos, because I have no intention of being 100% carnivore when I get to a weight/health place I feel is where I need to be. More like 90% some days, 100% others, etc. Never want to go back to a regular diet again. Then again, a year from now we could end up like a lot of other people who after a while, only want meat.

Is it just me or did VK's post not seem like VK? Pod People?
    He work dem long hours. That nigga sleep post sometimes, I seen it before.

If your bodyfat is above 10% ( 20% for women) you kind of stop feeling hunger once you are in ketosis for 3+ days. so what you have been describing sounds pretty normal to me. You just have to deal with the sugar headaches until your body adapts and starts creating its own from fat storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    If your bodyfat is above 10% ( 20% for women) you kind of stop feeling hunger once you are in ketosis for 3+ days. so what you have been describing sounds pretty normal to me. You just have to deal with the sugar headaches until your body adapts and starts creating its own from fat storage.
    The headaches seem to be largely due to salt depletion, can't get enough fucking salt on this diet. Electrolytes seem to rectify the headaches (when they occur). I also got past the worst of my shitty feelings with some stuff called Lipase-HP (supplement). Helps you digest fat. Will use this until it runs out and will probably be fine on my own affter.