+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,066

    Default The Carnivore Diet

    We've decided to go extreme because we were tired of feeling and looking the way we do. Just exercising and eating around 1500 calories and not consuming crap tons of sugar and carbs wasn't doing much of anything. The past six months we have been constantly tired, getting shit sleep, feeling bloated and just a general all around blah.

    Marou stumbled across this diet and at first I wasn't interested at all, considering we've been taught all our life that meat, fat, butter is horrible for you and will lead to early death and other complications. After days of research, that may not be true at all. In fact everything we've been lead to believe might be a load of bullshit. There are no huge studies on this diet yet but if you look into what should be a balanced diet, there are no good studies on those either. There is actually no reliable studies on how we should eat and what we should eat to stay healthy.

    We've learned that you don't digest fiber and it just sits in your gut, rotting, until you shit it out. Meat is digested faster and there is very little waste produced by it.

    Point is, we started this diet almost 4 days ago. All this diet is, is meat, some dairy and lots of salt(preferably fatty). Beef is the staple, pork coming in second and some people eat chicken but I've read from lots of people that it isn't satisfying. No sugars, no carbs, if it is from the animal kingdom, eat it. Nothing from the plant kingdom. Some people cut out even dairy, some don't. We haven't but have scaled back on how much of it we eat.

    There is no calorie counting, you eat when you are hungry, as much as you want. That is it.

    It sends you into Ketosis, which for the first week can be rough for some people. The side effects of this diet we have experienced so far:

    Excessive energy. I haven't felt this good in years and have been more mentally astute than I can ever recall. I don't wake up feeling groggy and even need less sleep so far. I've been getting around 4 to 5 hours and waking up bursting with energy. If during the day I start to feel a lag, I eat and within 15 minutes feel amazing again.

    My mood has undergone almost a 180. I feel happy and haven't had a bout of anxiety, which is shocking because I'm even on my period and I had one angry mood swing and it was gone in 20 seconds. I can't even stay mad, its like a fucking happy pill.

    Both Marou and I have been suffering from horrible gas for the past year, while it is not completely gone, I am not in pain from it anymore nor do I have to take anything for it.

    My almost constant year around sinus problems, gone.

    Its even weird to think about all of this, considering it has only been 4 days but it was like a switch was turned on after the first day.

    Now on to the "bad" side effects of Keto, which go away anywhere from 1 week to 1 month:

    We fucking SMELL. Like vinegar and something sour and it is gross. Our breath smells and tastes like acetone.

    You can either end up constipated or have diarrhea. I haven't pooped since we started but I also don't feel like I need to either.

    There are other side effects but we haven't had them yet and may not at all.

    Results:

    I've lost anywhere from 4 to 6 pounds and am unsure of how much because our previous scale was a piece of shit and we got a new one. I do know in 2 days I have dropped almost 3 pounds. I have also lost almost 2 inches off my waist.

    My hair has gotten... crazier. Apparently this diet can make your hair thicker and grow faster. I'm not sure if I am fooling myself but it seems to have more volume and less oily.

    I feel restless, like I need to get up and do shit. The energy gain is crazy.

    I oddly don't really miss other foods so far, its drinks I miss. The amount of salt you have to intake and how your body burns water makes you ridiculously thirsty and I really would like a sweet tea right about now. Still trying to drink coffee, which was foul at first without sugar (you can use heavy creamer and we do) but as our taste buds are slowly starting to change, coffee isn't so bad anymore.

    We will keep y'all updated on our progress, if interested.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    My experience has been similar but;

    >I've had watery poop, probably from all the greasy food and not being used to it.
    >I've had trouble sleeping for more than 3 hours. I just wake up, feel fully alert, and don't want to stay in bed. This is problematic when you have routine workdays.

    I'd like to re-iterate how much better I feel than I have in years. It's completely ridiculous and largely unexpected. I don't feel sore or shitty when I get out of bed. I don't feel like a space cadet or zombie while I'm sitting at my computer. If I want to be honest about it, I haven't felt this good since I was a teenager. My gas issues (which were at times really painful) are completely gone. As a result my stomach has deflated by several inches.

    I think Silly should try this for a week to see if it alleviates what is causing him problems. Nobody is allergic to beef, and if food is causing his problem this would help him isolate what food it is. A bunch of people are doing this currently for RA, Crohns, and IBS, because it alleviates the symptoms.

    I expect much of this is water weight, but I've lost 10 lbs in 4 days. I've also lost a few inches off my waist, I think because I'm not gas bloated anymore.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  3. #3

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    So weird you post this. I've been doing pretty much the same on my days off.

    I originally intended to include "healthy" vegetables like broccoli and spinach and carrots, but they're just sitting in my freezer and fresh ones are getting tossed when they're too old. I just keep eating pan seared meat. Discovered those never-frozen vacuum packed fish filets at walmart and did a few of those. Going back to beef later, probably pick up some hamburger tonight. Not much else except a few little fajita tortillas to eat it on sometimes.

    It does make me feel a lot better, but I'm not sure that's the diet so much as getting off of the carb+sugar roller coaster of chinese food and pizza. I gave up chips and sugary/carby snacks mostly. If I really want a snack I'll eat stuff like pork rinds now. Going to drink soda until I die, but trying to drink a lot less. Mostly drinking unsweetened tea.

    Not sure why you say lots of salt... I've never heard of excess salt as anything but dangerous, and progressively MORE dangerous as one ages. I use a good bit when prepping fish to draw out some moisture and make it more steaky but I don't add any at all to beef and only a little on chicken.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,066

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    You are doing a more Paleo or Keto diet, which is around 80% meat with some sugars and carbs and its limited to what types of those as well. I'm not interested in the counting game those diets involve, going full carnivore or zero carb (as some call it) is incredibly simple. You are also not going to get as many benefits or see as good results only doing it by half. You feel better because we digest meat and quickly, turning it into energy. The fatter the meat, the better. You need the fat on mostly meat diets, otherwise you don't get enough energy. Plants stay with us for hours and changes our gut bacteria.

    I suggest going for it fully, pick Paleo or Keto if you still want something other than meat but everything is going to tell you to drop the soda. Everyone who sticks with any of these diets, life style changes really, stop craving sugar between month one and two. Marou had to even get a new toothpaste today because the one he was using was so sweet it made him sick to his stomach.

    The salt is needed for many reasons, especially if exercising, when doing full meat you don't hold water or electrolytes the same. I wont get into that debate, as Marou is more informed than I on this topic and he can answer it better.

    I will say that there is a lot of shit they say is bad for us that in the past 10 to 15 years that has been debunked completely, like the fats from dairy products. I don't think they have a god damn clue as to what is really good for us, considering the new cholesterol study. You do what you need to do that makes you feel healthy and by all reports, everyone who does all meat feels and looks better than ever. At the point we started this, we were willing to try anything to feel healthy when a balanced diet was not doing that.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-16-2018 at 03:04 AM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    The salt is needed for many reasons, especially if exercising, when doing full meat you don't hold water or electrolytes the same. I wont get into that debate, as Marou is more informed than I on this topic and he can answer it better.
    I wasn't trying to start anything, just concerned. I've heard runners and lifters will use salt tablets so I'm sure there's something to it, but there are also dangers. If you've got it figured out then I'll take your word for it but I'd hate to hear from one of you that the other had a stroke or something.

    PROTIP: If you buy bottled water, Dasani comes with a tiny bit of salt in it and it's really noticeable. Goes down smooth.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,821

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I wasn't trying to start anything, just concerned. I've heard runners and lifters will use salt tablets so I'm sure there's something to it, but there are also dangers. If you've got it figured out then I'll take your word for it but I'd hate to hear from one of you that the other had a stroke or something.

    PROTIP: If you buy bottled water, Dasani comes with a tiny bit of salt in it and it's really noticeable. Goes down smooth.
    I don't fuck with salt neither. But if I get around to trying this stinky bullshit, I already like to eat beef jerky and it has a lot of sodium in it.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,066

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Just found another interesting side effect. We got a recumbent bike (I love this fucking thing) and have been doing it everyday, twice a day for 15 minutes until we started this. I've read a lot of people recommend not exercising the first week to a month, as your body is adjusting to the diet, so I haven't used it in 4 days. I had so much excess energy I needed to do something with it, I decided to take my chances and bike.

    Usually I bike at 12 mph, go around 2 miles and by the end my legs are in agony. This morning, I went at 13 mph, 3.24 miles and had minimal leg pain. I actually feel fucking fantastic. I could have gone another 10 minutes but chose to not push myself too hard. I hate exercising but if it makes me feel like this, I can see why people do it. I want to get up and run a mile, its almost euphoric. People have discussed that you do feel this way and that it stays. All I can say is mind blown and my happiness is off the charts.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-16-2018 at 05:17 AM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,006

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    You're likely feeling the effects of being overloaded on protein.


    I need to diet, and I really need to drop/regulate my sugar. It's going to be hard.

    I've also decided to quit smoking for a while too.

    It's going to be a long summer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,821

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    I want to try this bullshit.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    First off, the salt/bad health crap has been debunked for ages. There isn't a single decent study that shows any link. Two, if you burn through water like crazy (which you will eating a bunch of meat), you'll deplete your body of electrolytes. Salt is a key ingredient in making new ones. Your body simply can't hold as much water when you're on a low or zero carb diet; I'm only somewhat familiar with the sorcery behind this.

    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...e-war-on-salt/
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,006

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    I think the big issue that Aeinna really touched on in her first post and what VK is bringing up is the total lack of reliable study on what the human body 'wants/needs' to survive at a basic level or 'healthy' level whatever qualifier you want to put on there.

    I'd say this mainly stems from the fact that our entire society started on the basis that some people would grow food and sell it, while others would do different skills and use those skills to buy said food. As that strayed from the basic nature of a supply/demand chain and entered into 'political society' and 'regulations' any information regarding food and it's health benefits are basically a commodity. If I can create a study that says that eating chick peas for all your meals and drinking lemon water is a great way to stay 'in shape' and 'be healthy' then I'll sell chick peas and lemons. But there is no real definition of what 'in shape' is and 'healthy' so.... it's really no different than Kraft saying they use REAL CHEESE(TM), which is just a brand of cheese.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,066

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    I disliked salt (for taste reasons not health) and when we started this diet, I kept not salting my food enough because I didn't want it. Within 12 hours I felt like pure crap. I was dizzy, light headed and felt weak. Marou looked up if it was the going into Keto that can do this but what was found was that I didn't have enough salt. I proceeded to pour about a half a teaspoon in my hand and eat it, feeling better in about 10 minutes. Since then, I have generously salted my food. Our food isn't McDonald fries salty but you do need a fairly good amount.

    If any of you get a wild hair and try this, I suggest some research beyond what I stated here. There are people who have a lot of trouble going through Keto, including vomiting because they have to wean themselves onto the fat. I've been through Keto before and never had any bad experiences, so I wasn't aware of this.

    Another new development is how we like our steak cuts cooked. We have always been well done people but I made some steak and it ended up at about medium and it was great. I have never liked pink meat but damn, your taste buds really do change.

    We are also weighing ourselves several times a day and measuring our waists at least once. You should probably not do this but I've been really curious to how quickly our bodies are changing. I had my 4 hour sleep session, lost 3 pounds. I'm not sure where its going and I know it will slow down but it is sorcery. A lot of people, especially if exercising will lose very little weight but still go down several clothing sizes. This diet puts on mad muscle.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-16-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,006

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Also you guys are fucking heathens for liking meat well done.

    Medium is the best go-to temp. Medium Rare is the bomb dig if you can nail it, and Rare is only for some certain cuts of meat.

    Also your weight can easily fluctuate 10lbs a day or so depending on your current weight. Water and literally Shit are the main contributors.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 05-16-2018 at 03:39 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Also you guys are fucking heathens for liking meat well done.

    Medium is the best go-to temp. Medium Rare is the bomb dig if you can nail it, and Rare is only for some certain cuts of meat.

    Also your weight can easily fluctuate 10lbs a day or so depending on your current weight. Water and literally Shit are the main contributors.
    To reiterate; for whatever reason on a low/zero carb diet your body doesn't hold water well. So, lots of drinkin the water. As a result, less weight flux.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,821

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Also you guys are fucking heathens for liking meat well done.

    Medium is the best go-to temp. Medium Rare is the bomb dig if you can nail it, and Rare is only for some certain cuts of meat.

    Also your weight can easily fluctuate 10lbs a day or so depending on your current weight. Water and literally Shit are the main contributors.
    If it ain't well done, it ain't well dead. I don't dig on red meat.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,006

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    If it ain't well done, it ain't well dead. I don't dig on red meat.
    I'm just in awe. Were ya'll just raised by people with no tastebuds?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,066

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    I'm just in awe. Were ya'll just raised by people with no tastebuds?
    Truthfully, yes.

    Marou has entered the Keto flu stage, while I seem to be doing fairly ok with only slight muscle soreness, which exercising gets rid of. Essentially you are burning "sludge carbs" until about two weeks, give or take. Can make you feel like shiet. Not many ways to help the symptoms. You can exercise, drink bone broth (barf), fast or buy this . We have some on the way but as a suggestion for anyone thinking about attempting this, buy it before you start.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,066

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Meat creates almost no waste, some people end up pooping once a week, even eating two to four pounds of meat a day.

    The average seems to be pooping every two or three days. I finally pooped and weighed before and after to see how much I was holding. Lost .8 pounds, after four days of not going.

    Edit: To Zavon, unless you are making homemade beef jerky, can't have it on this diet. Almost all store brands contain sugar and carbs. Apparently it is very easy to make at home in the oven though. That is one of the downsides, you have to check everything you buy, because it can contain things it shouldn't have. Even some cheeses, bacon and sausages are like this as well.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 05-16-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  19. #19

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Meat creates almost no waste, some people end up pooping once a week, even eating two to four pounds of meat a day.

    The average seems to be pooping every two or three days. I finally pooped and weighed before and after to see how much I was holding. Lost .8 pounds, after four days of not going.

    Edit: To Zavon, unless you are making homemade beef jerky, can't have it on this diet. Almost all store brands contain sugar and carbs. Apparently it is very easy to make at home in the oven though. That is one of the downsides, you have to check everything you buy, because it can contain things it shouldn't have. Even some cheeses are like this as well.
    Yeah, it really brings to light how much shit has filler bullshit in it (way too fucking much).
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    The only problem i have with ketosis diets is that you dont have enough glycogen to fuel your muscles if you work out more than once a week. But it is a really good way to lose weight, just not ideal for putting on muscle.

  21. #21

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoron View Post
    The only problem i have with ketosis diets is that you dont have enough glycogen to fuel your muscles if you work out more than once a week. But it is a really good way to lose weight, just not ideal for putting on muscle.
    The 3 groups of people doin this diet are weight-lifters (for gains, which they get), dieters, and people with immune system malfunctions. You don't need glycogen when you have ketones. They serve the same purpose, just one is made with fat and the other with sugars/carbs. Like everything else biochemistry related, the science is so tainted by agenda you can find studies to tell the story you want to hear. Anecdotal evidence suggests there is no problem at all building muscle (based on posts by many fitness/bodybuilding nuts). This stands to reason since the primary fuel for building muscle is protein and you got that in spades.

    https://muscleevo.net/ketogenic-diet-muscle-growth/
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    The 3 groups of people doin this diet are weight-lifters (for gains, which they get), dieters, and people with immune system malfunctions. You don't need glycogen when you have ketones. They serve the same purpose, just one is made with fat and the other with sugars/carbs. Like everything else biochemistry related, the science is so tainted by agenda you can find studies to tell the story you want to hear. Anecdotal evidence suggests there is no problem at all building muscle (based on posts by many fitness/bodybuilding nuts). This stands to reason since the primary fuel for building muscle is protein and you got that in spades.

    https://muscleevo.net/ketogenic-diet-muscle-growth/
    I've done the diet before and while it doesn't affect how much weight i can lift, I can't get enough volume in for optimal hypertrophy because i run out of gas in the middle of the workout. Its an amazing diet if your trying to lose weight and while its possible to gain muscle you will gain a lot more on a balanced diet of protein/carbs/fats.
    Last edited by Ozoron; 05-16-2018 at 08:45 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,821

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    Meat creates almost no waste, some people end up pooping once a week, even eating two to four pounds of meat a day.

    The average seems to be pooping every two or three days. I finally pooped and weighed before and after to see how much I was holding. Lost .8 pounds, after four days of not going.

    Edit: To Zavon, unless you are making homemade beef jerky, can't have it on this diet. Almost all store brands contain sugar and carbs. Apparently it is very easy to make at home in the oven though. That is one of the downsides, you have to check everything you buy, because it can contain things it shouldn't have. Even some cheeses, bacon and sausages are like this as well.
    Ur a homemade sausages
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

    "I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,066

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    Week one results:

    I lost 10 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. Marou has lost 11 pounds and 4 inches. Mostly water weight and that wont be what is normal from here on out. Our skin has gotten healthier looking and less dry. My hair has definitely changed. It gets less oily and is thicker.

    We stopped smelling about 2 days ago but oh lordy, our pee can clear a room. Pissing out ketones is stinky business. Apparently, not sure how true this is, after your body becomes ketone adapted it stops showing up in your pee, because you don't have excessive amounts to get out of your body. Hopefully this also mean the smell stops. Interestingly, people who have been carnivore for several years don't even register as being in ketosis. The theory is your body only produces the ketones when you need it, thus never have any extra running around in your system.

    You need to almost triple your water intake and use electrolyte supplements. I even suggest a multi-vitamin, this diet makes you very aware you are deficient in essential b vitamins, that you weren't even aware of.

    We both have reacted differently to eating all this meat. Marou had a rough couple of days where the thought of meat made him want to vomit and it was hard for him to eat, he just wanted something simple like crackers. I just don't want food, everything sounds nauseating. I don't crave anything anymore and Marou constantly wants chocolate. The hardest part so far is having no sauces, because the majority of them have carbs and sugars. Most mustards don't, mayo has none but everything else does. But our taste buds have changed, so we still use some condiments, like heinz 57. Its serving size is a tablespoon and with the taste bud change it takes less than half a teaspoon to flavor 4 hamburger patties because everything tastes intense. I've had to stop using almost all spices besides salt and pepper.

    The dry and funky tasting mouth has gotten better but its rough. Bought some Orbits gum, which has 1 carb and uses another type of sugar which doesn't fuck with your blood sugar. People warn that having any sugar the first 2 weeks to a month ups your cravings but it has done the opposite for me. It has completely taken away any sugar cravings I have had.

    This has ruined coffee, our favorite beverage. It just never stops being gross without sugar. We are going to break a rule, cuz fuck fanatics and ordered some liquid stevia. It is zero carbs and zero sugar, because your body doesn't digest it and it does not raise your insulin levels. I also am going to try bullet proof coffee, (not the brand, just the way it is made) in the hopes I wont need hardly any stevia.

    We basically consume about 2 to 3 carbs a day, which isn't nearly enough to fuck with ketosis. You'd need over 20 to 30g. And we are okay with that, as all our food is still meat.

    On to the real bad, the keto flu. This shit is serious and sucks. We felt great for around 4 days and then you just wake up one day feeling horrible. In one article we read, a guy talks about how it feels like your dying. You are sore, down to the bone. You are ridiculously tired, have brain fog, get irritable, are light headed and will probably suffer from low blood sugar. A lot of people recommend not even working if you can because of how bad you feel and we now understand why. Today was the first day we haven't felt like hammered ass in 3 days and we still have slept off and on all day.

    As a warning to anyone who wants to try this and ends up getting a wife/girlfriend to join them, I do not suggest intermittent fasting for them at first. It is harder on women and while it is the way I have eaten for years, its different on this diet as your body starts to adapt. I unintentionally fasted for 22 hours and payed the price for that. Haven't been able to go without eating every 4 hours or I feel even more like crap on top of already feeling bad.

    Other interesting side notes, I've pooped twice this whole week and its very little amounts. Marou has had diarrhea the whole week. He is handling the fat worse than I am, for whatever reason. We can not really exercise yet, made me feel good at first now we both just feel like road kill after. The house smells like meat and eggs, hard to avoid that and its kinda gross. This is also not an expensive diet unless you want steak for all your meals.

    Despite all the ups and downs, we are going to keep doing it. Getting too damn old to be this out of shape and will do what needs to be done to get healthy again. I know I listed a bunch of reasons to scare people away from doing this or even a keto diet but I say try it. I know we will start to feel better, just gotta push through the first 2 weeks.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

    You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    1,006

    Default Re: The Carnivore Diet

    It's interesting to read your diary/experience of it after doing some research the other night.

    As mentioned before it's possible its not a good fit for M based on genetics or his gut bacteria but he may turn it around. Would seem dangerous to have diarrhea and the already upped water intake needs, risking dehydration?

    Do you think you've lost the inches due to fat burn or water loss?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts