+ Reply to Thread

Default Trump Year in Review.

I know this is a little late, but how would you rate Trump's first year in office?

I'd give him a B+. I agreed with most of his decisions, but the Omnibus thing knocked him down an entire letter grade for me. I still don't see the big picture behind that decision.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Default Re: Trump Year in Review.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I know this is a little late, but how would you rate Trump's first year in office?

I'd give him a B+. I agreed with most of his decisions, but the Omnibus thing knocked him down an entire letter grade for me. I still don't see the big picture behind that decision.
    C- for me. My main issue is immigration and no traction has been made on this front. He did stop the TPP and Net Neutrality (for now), but I expect that this is brief reprieve rather than an acquittal of those issues. Overall, he managed to afford me a minor raise with his tax break. That's all I've gotten out of his presidency. Rather than using his role as commander in Chief to push the office to the absolute limits of what a president can do, he's treated the office like a federalist from the early days would have. He respects the separation of powers way more than the opposition does. As a result, he's failing to undo their worse excesses; and any progress we manage to make under him will be undone within 6 months by a president like Obama that rules by decree.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Yeah I can relate to that. I've been happy with just how much he's been undoing Obama level federal bullshit, but I think you are right: he needs a serious win. I still am optimistic, but that's really the only option.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

His presidency doesn't matter. He's filling the status quo for smoke and mirror political figurehead. GG we lost a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    His presidency doesn't matter. He's filling the status quo for smoke and mirror political figurehead. GG we lost a long time ago.
    You're not wrong.

Ben Bernanke: The US Economy Is Going To Go Off The Cliff In 2020
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-go-cliff-2020

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."