+ Reply to Thread

Default e3 2018 - Always Online Shovelware Edition

I haven't seen a damn thing that looks remotely interesting so far. The only thing that might redeem e3 this year is CDPR if they show off Cyberpunk 2077. I can't imagine the tedium of attending one of these things in this day and age. Glad I got to experience e3 in the latter part of the Golden Age instead of now (Thanks Mythic, RIP).

Use this thread to point out interesting things should they surface.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Default Re: e3 2018 - Always Online Shovelware Edition

I stopped paying attention to E3 a long time ago.

As far as gaming goes, I basically want a PvE MMO FPS but I have no hope of that at all. Star Citizen will probably never flesh out to the point it's enough of an FPS PvE game for me, but that's still my best hope for something close.

The only thing even on my radar was Anthem. Destiny 2 + Warframe, TPS type deal. But some new video of that came out early this year and the camera was locked right up your ass even worse than warframe, with the javelinframes taking up a fifth of the damn screen.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 06-11-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I stopped paying attention to E3 a long time ago.

As far as gaming goes, I basically want a PvE MMO FPS but I have no hope of that at all. Star Citizen will probably never flesh out to the point it's enough of an FPS PvE game for me, but that's still my best hope for something close.

The only thing even on my radar was Anthem. Destiny 2 + Warframe, TPS type deal. But some new video of that came out early this year and the camera was locked right up your ass even worse than warframe, with the javelinframes taking up a fifth of the damn screen.
    Fallout 76, while *NOT* what any Fallout fans were looking for, might be up your alley.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Cyberpunk 2077 got a trailer. It looked fantastic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/c...icial_trailer/

Also teaser of ES:6 to be released in 3+ years probably, listed as next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077 got a trailer. It looked fantastic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/c...icial_trailer/

Also teaser of ES:6 to be released in 3+ years probably, listed as next generation.
    Hidden message in the trailer. Love CDPR.

"It’s been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and… went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things — you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves and get to work. We wanted to give you the Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077’s pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point we made the decisions to resume talking about the game when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you’ve been impatiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn’t like anyone to feel that we’re taking this for granted. On the contrary — it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too

But to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer. - our vision for Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest of what show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,

When?
    When we told you we would only release the game when it’s ready, we meant it. We’re definitely much closer to a release date than we were back then but it’s still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us. It’s the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big?
    Seriously big, but… to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we’ll do this before we start talking about pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM
    Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077, will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions?
    In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

According to the twatters CDPR dropping a bunch more info today. Maybe some gameplay footage? Considering it's the only thing I'm really looking forward to so far out of e3 I have hope.

What's this I hear about Bethesda yelling "Fuck NAZIs" at their conference?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    What's this I hear about Bethesda yelling "Fuck NAZIs" at their conference?
    New Wolfenstein game, goes with the territory. Gotta admit it's unappealing to play games killing Nazis when you've come to view them as the good goys. It's basically kill whitey with window dressing built on fictional narratives.