+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lets Get Fit

Hybrid View

Default Lets Get Fit

We've got one thread for zombie apocalypse prep, one for a diet change and I wanted to make one for exercising. I'm not doing this to argue with anyone but to put ideas and information out there. For anyone who is either exercising (I think Ozoron said he lifts?) or is thinking about it. Maybe help any of us find things we enjoy or to add into our workouts.

As I stated before, I've really taken to lifting and fucking hate cardio, though I do some of it for warm ups. I can't profess that this is something I am going to do for ever but I've gotten so into I've done nothing but research on it for days and am getting ahead of myself by reading powerlifting programs, learning how to breath and brace and good form. I have seen a difference on what I am able to do in the past couple of weeks. I couldn't do scissor kicks 2 weeks ago and now I can. I walk more upright and my posture is better, because of trying to learn forms.

Gains are being made but I am still figuring everything out to routines and recovery. Which is one area I am having problems and ideas would be appreciated. My legs can not take a lot of punishment and I can not push them hard. My upper body I can push to its limits and by the end of the day, have no soreness.

I know recovery is important but I just don't know where to stop or go with upper body since so far what I am doing, isn't causing the same feeling my legs are getting.

I want to say I have no intention of competing in lifting competitions. But I do like reading about the different training programs and the science behind what they do. I am thinking of trying to tailor one to a more normal routine.

Articles I found to be great reads for anyone interested:

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/pow...g-programming/

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/korte-3x3/

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/the...-powerlifting/

On a final note, I don't want this thread to just be about lifting. If any of ya'll are into calisthenics, then post about it. I want to eventually have a day or two a week where that is what we do. Anything interesting related to getting in shape, throw it in here.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 06-12-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Default Re: Lets Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Aeinna View Post
    We've got one thread for zombie apocalypse prep
    Yeah, Zombie prep *cough*. I will read the posts later.

I do want us to add some Calisthenics into our routine as we get less pathetic. Might have to dust off that old Convict Conditioning book.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Thanks Pyrr, Marou will get that stuck in his head now and sing it all week.

Jerk.

You guys suck, I know some of you workout, right? At least I thought so... where is Silly, I'm almost positive he does. Are we all just out of shape? Niggers, what y'all gonna do when Night of The Comet happens and you gotta protect yourself?!
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

I'll join you for the exercise thing in September.

First step in fixing my lazy existence is going back to living and spending light, so my focus is on moving right now. It's a good time to re-evaluate what I own and what's worth taking/leaving. Putting together a "sea chest" sort of collection of my most important documents, clothes, electronics and a first firearm or two. Organizing my online accounts and bills. Getting rid of a few bills.

I'm probably going to sell or give away my windows PC IRL. Gaming is shit and I never feel like playing anything anyway. I bought Vampyr and Agony and have barely played either of them. They're not BAD, but they were wasted money. My desk and PC is just a money- and time-wasting station right now. My monitor is going up and it just makes more sense to ditch the thing than to buy a new monitor.

By September I'll be in a cheaper place in a nicer neighborhood, making more money per paycheck, spending less on food and entertainment, and I'll need something to do with myself to fill all the time opened up by lack of PC gaming.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VK
    First step in fixing my lazy existence is going back to living and spending light, so my focus is on moving right now. It's a good time to re-evaluate what I own and what's worth taking/leaving. Putting together a "sea chest" sort of collection of my most important documents, clothes, electronics and a first firearm or two. Organizing my online accounts and bills. Getting rid of a few bills.
    That is a good idea and we started doing that a while ago but eventually you always end up having extra shit you forgot you owned. Gotta do a yearly clean it out seems, trying to live a more minimalist life.
    I think as some people get older, you stop caring about the things you used to. Then you hit a certain age, see yourself in the mirror and go, wtf happened? Who wants to be a dumpy, out of shape, do nothing 30 - 40 year old? Makes you rethink the things you do (not pointing at you, just in general). It doesn't help when you see the world starting to set itself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by VK
    I'm probably going to sell or give away my windows PC IRL. Gaming is shit and I never feel like playing anything anyway. I bought Vampyr and Agony and have barely played either of them. They're not BAD, but they were wasted money. My desk and PC is just a money- and time-wasting station right now. My monitor is going up and it just makes more sense to ditch the thing than to buy a new monitor.

By September I'll be in a cheaper place in a nicer neighborhood, making more money per paycheck, spending less on food and entertainment, and I'll need something to do with myself to fill all the time opened up by lack of PC gaming.
    Bold move, as much as we don't really play games anymore, I still love my pc. We read and watch things on it. Maybe when we get our shit together we wont feel like lazy slobs playing games and it will be something fun again. Right now, all I think is, I could be doing something better. Plus, you gotta hold some hope for Star Citizen and Cyber Punk.