+ Reply to Thread

Default The Interesting Thread

Taking a break from high school alt-right memes, I saw this info graphic and thought it was pretty interesting. Thought I'd make a thread for the neat stuff out there.

"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Default Re: The Interesting Thread

Yurts.

Specifically wooden yurts. I think they are awesomely cool, nifty wifty and I fucking want one. Not as a vacation home but as the home you pick to live in forever.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Ok, those Yurts do look really awesome. The only problem I have with them is that you'd need some kind of a storage shack to hook up with it outside. They don't look like they are built for very much clutter, or the normal kinds of crap that people accumulate.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

One of the reasons I like the yurts, is you can't accumulate all that crap you don't ever use. Most of them have a storage closet and that is good enough to store things like a shop vac and vacuum cleaner. Would you even need a vacuum cleaner if everything was wood? I've seen people talk about building connecting yurts.

Mysterious Universe

I've talked about them before I think but I really enjoy their show. They tend to keep politics out and just talk about weird shit. Don't really believe in any of it but its fun to hear about.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Holy fuck this is crazy:

Slight twist, an interesting product that most people think are dead.

PS Vita.

It is not dead, still gets plenty of new releases and I love mine to the point of I'm probably going to get a back up system. You can buy them from Amazon JP (you can switch the language to english at the top of the page), they are not region locked (only difference is the functionality of the x and o buttons are changed on home screen) and a new one from Japan is only 40 dollars more than a used one at Gamestop. You can buy all the games digitally from the PSN store, they have weekly sales and if you get a PSN membership, they have two games a month that are free to download and play. The only downside is the proprietary memory cards are expensive if you go digital but Amazon JP often has bundle deals selling new vita's with them.

More people in the west should be made aware of how great this system still is, if you like the library of games available.

And it plays I think most of the PS1 and PSP classics. I already own Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre.
    Last edited by Aeinna; 07-10-2018 at 04:11 AM.

I thought this was interesting as fuck: https://www.dailywire.com/news/32872...-prestigiacomo

This guy seems to believe his 3D printing shit effectively makes banning guns impossible now. Is he being dramatic? Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I thought this was interesting as fuck: https://www.dailywire.com/news/32872...-prestigiacomo

This guy seems to believe his 3D printing shit effectively makes banning guns impossible now. Is he being dramatic? Anyone agree?
    Banning guns is, and always was always impossible. Google videos on making AK's from scratch, or people making guns by hand in the Philippines. They are not magical devices, and I'm sure history could provide you with dozens that were made specifically because they were easy to manufacture on existing machinery. I'd probably look at the famous "grease gun".

Maybe they have trouble with it in third world countries but if we ever had a full gun ban / repeal of the 2nd, anyone in the U.S. with a GED and machines in their shop would suddenly be in a position to make a lot of money.

RE: Interesting Thread:
    Clicking around about this, I found this guy making a bow out of PVC pipe and "driveway markers" that looks pretty impressive. And apparently that's a whole rabbit hole of it's own, making bows with modern materials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0XofhpYmaEU
    Last edited by VKhaun; 07-11-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Banning guns is, and always was always impossible. Google videos on making AK's from scratch, or people making guns by hand in the Philippines. They are not magical devices, and I'm sure history could provide you with dozens that were made specifically because they were easy to manufacture on existing machinery. I'd probably look at the famous "grease gun".

Maybe they have trouble with it in third world countries but if we ever had a full gun ban / repeal of the 2nd, anyone in the U.S. with a GED and machines in their shop would suddenly be in a position to make a lot of money.

Clicking around about this, I found this guy making a bow out of PVC pipe and "driveway markers" that looks pretty impressive. And apparently that's a whole rabbit hole of it's own, making bows with modern materials.

Banning guns = instant rebellion/balkanization. It's the slow burn of banning certain types of guns until eventually you get down to no guns - compromising conservatives are worthless. 3D printing is as overhyped by the media as AI.

In keeping with the theme of the thread, came across this gondola and then found a symphonic version. Memories... Got Dragon Warrior for free with a Nintendo Power subscription.

"The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post

I don't disagree that guns were never going to be outlawed. Apparently, Americans own 46% of the world's guns, just in our fucking houses (totally nuts!). But, having a shop teacher make a homemade gun isn't anything on the scale of literally anyone in a rando house in america just printing a gun. You don't think that will change shit? I'm wondering what else will be possible with a 3D printer (when or if they become ubiquitous).

Edit: That bow video was pretty damn awesome.
    Last edited by Zavon; 07-11-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    I don't disagree that guns were never going to be outlawed. Apparently, Americans own 46% of the world's guns, just in our fucking houses (totally nuts!). But, having a shop teacher make a homemade gun isn't anything on the scale of literally anyone in a rando house in america just printing a gun. You don't think that will change shit? I'm wondering what else will be possible with a 3D printer (when or if they become ubiquitous).

Edit: That bow video was pretty damn awesome.
    What I'm saying is consumer grade 3D printers are shit tier. Expensive industrial 3D printers are still very limited in what they can do. Due to chemistry I don't see that changing anytime soon. Materials Science and chemistry do not advance much at all comparative to other things. IIRC the 3D printed gun is designed to be fired once and then it's dead, it also has to be put together from printed parts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre.../#2d0ff85a52d7

You could fire a bullet out of a metal pipe by hitting it with a hammer just as easily.

Guns are so simple to make that bullets are a bigger challenge for the hobbiest. Not because black powder is hard but because shell casings need to be forged. You can ghetto a gun together out of kitchen parts if you understand their mechanism. You can't forge shell casings or bullets without metalworking tools and molds.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    What I'm saying is consumer grade 3D printers are shit tier. Expensive industrial 3D printers are still very limited in what they can do. Due to chemistry I don't see that changing anytime soon. Materials Science and chemistry do not advance much at all comparative to other things. IIRC the 3D printed gun is designed to be fired once and then it's dead, it also has to be put together from printed parts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre.../#2d0ff85a52d7

You could fire a bullet out of a metal pipe by hitting it with a hammer just as easily.

Guns are so simple to make that bullets are a bigger challenge for the hobbiest. Not because black powder is hard but because shell casings need to be forged. You can ghetto a gun together out of kitchen parts if you understand their mechanism. You can't forge shell casings or bullets without metalworking tools and molds.
    IIRC This is why Pipe Bombs were the big fear in the 90's and especially with the UniBomber around.

So, the SC governor has begun the nogpocalypse. This after previously banning criticism of Israel. "Christian Conservatives" need to die.

http://www.lifenews.com/2018/07/13/s...from-medicaid/

Meanwhile, in Japan:

Town faces Ninja Shortage