+ Reply to Thread

Default Laptop question....

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator.../dp/B01LD4MKQI

How good of a deal would it be to get this laptop used at 450 bucks? Is that an ok deal if you wanted that laptop specifically or is it a "nigga get that shot yesterday!!!!" kind of deal?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Default Re: Laptop question....

Is a good deal, is it stolen or broken? A similar open box laptop will run around $1400.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Is a good deal, is it stolen or broken? A similar open box laptop will run around $1400.
    Not that I know of. It's for sale locally.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

I would be wary of for sale by owner stuff when dealing with computers, assuming you have no relationship with the seller I would be wary of these issues:

a) computer is loaded with viruses and they can't fix it
    b) computer has some failing hardware and is out of warranty
    c) computer is loaded with keyloggers that seller purposefully put on it when selling after they've gotten their monies worth out of it
    d) computer is stolen (probably the smallest issue of the above)

Personally I bought an HP Pavillion (laptop) something-or-other for around 989+tax last fall and it's pretty beastly. Runs wow on decent settings just fine, runs pubg well enough, basically have it setup to be a desktop at home and a laptop on the go, and 0 issues.

I think this was it https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Q...on+power&psc=1
    Last edited by Pyrrhus; 09-16-2018 at 09:19 AM.