+ Reply to Thread

Default Conan Exiles : I came....

I got this game for under 20 bucks on black Friday for the xbox one. I cant stop playing. I've stayed up until 3 am for 4 nights in a row playing it. Base building, crafting, exploring, capturing thralls, etc. So my question is, is it better on PC? How is the server population on PC? Isn't there more server slots per server on PC? 8 have to admit navigating the controls on console drives me nuts a little. I could almost see myself playing 5his game in both PC and console depending on my mood. I haven't been this much I to a game in years. I'd love to hear anything you have to say about console/PC version, your playing experiences, maps or other online tools, etc.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Default Re: Conan Exiles : I came....

Overall pop is not great, but it's max 70 on a server and you get performance problems on full servers so it's not hard to find 40-60 player servers at normal times.

Fair warning, it's a binger. You'll burn out and think you're done. Then you'll come back and burn out over and over again lol. I've been playing since the start and I still sometimes lose entire blocks of 3 or 4 days off to nothing but Conan Exiles here and there.

Generally stat respec is what kills the game now. Farmers run around with stamina/encumbrance builds so PvP'ers have a catch 22. If they can catch the farmers they get rekt by anyone who actually fights and has stupid amounts of strength because the higher tier perks make it snowbally. If you can win that fight, generally you can't catch farmers with anything worth taking. It's so easy to respec between the two that most real PvP is semi-RP in player made arenas and such, but sometimes you get a smart guy with a hybrid build and throwing stuff that makes for a really scary chase for someone full of lewt. I heard a rumor last time I played that they're working on more cripple/snare stuff.

It's hard to enter this game on official because you have to level up first, as everyone already playing on the server is maxed out and never resets AFAIK. They seem to think the purge/decay system will fix this but purge has never, ever worked right and decay is meaningless when they can spawn and immediately walk north to set up a base in a morning during no-raid time. Also, low levels is dead. I used to like to play after wipe and make like a little tribal or alligator clan to own the lowbie area, helping normal people and murdering the RUST rejects. Now you go into a full server and it's straight 45+ people and like, one noob besides me. :/

Oh, and try the throwing axe. You don't even have to throw it. Just equip it at the same time as a weapon. Becomes Left Axe a la DAoC, adds left axe hits to half your power attacks. Part of the rumor I heard about cripple was that these would start stacking, so you don't lose the equip when you toss the one you're using or have to switch around on your hotbar.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 12-10-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Overall pop is not great, but it's max 70 on a server and you get performance problems on full servers so it's not hard to find 40-60 player servers at normal times.

Fair warning, it's a binger. You'll burn out and think you're done. Then you'll come back and burn out over and over again lol. I've been playing since the start and I still sometimes lose entire blocks of 3 or 4 days off to nothing but Conan Exiles here and there.

Generally stat respec is what kills the game now. Farmers run around with stamina/encumbrance builds so PvP'ers have a catch 22. If they can catch the farmers they get rekt by anyone who actually fights and has stupid amounts of strength because the higher tier perks make it snowbally. If you can win that fight, generally you can't catch farmers with anything worth taking. It's so easy to respec between the two that most real PvP is semi-RP in player made arenas and such, but sometimes you get a smart guy with a hybrid build and throwing stuff that makes for a really scary chase for someone full of lewt. I heard a rumor last time I played that they're working on more cripple/snare stuff.

It's hard to enter this game on official because you have to level up first, as everyone already playing on the server is maxed out and never resets AFAIK. They seem to think the purge/decay system will fix this but purge has never, ever worked right and decay is meaningless when they can spawn and immediately walk north to set up a base in a morning during no-raid time. Also, low levels is dead. I used to like to play after wipe and make like a little tribal or alligator clan to own the lowbie area, helping normal people and murdering the RUST rejects. Now you go into a full server and it's straight 45+ people and like, one noob besides me. :/

Oh, and try the throwing axe. You don't even have to throw it. Just equip it at the same time as a weapon. Becomes Left Axe a la DAoC, adds left axe hits to half your power attacks. Part of the rumor I heard about cripple was that these would start stacking, so you don't lose the equip when you toss the one you're using or have to switch around on your hotbar.
    Thanks!! I'm definitely gonna try the axe thing. Yeah the last week or so has been a blur, if I'm not eating, sleeping or crapping or working I'm on CE. Do they ztilm have official RP servers on PC? If so how do they work, like what are the rules?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywilly View Post
    Thanks!! I'm definitely gonna try the axe thing. Yeah the last week or so has been a blur, if I'm not eating, sleeping or crapping or working I'm on CE. Do they ztilm have official RP servers on PC? If so how do they work, like what are the rules?
    The major rules you saw on all the custom servers were always not to block spawns/nodes and not to spam foundation blocks claiming tons of land. The devs fixed those though. Decay happens really fast now and I think most of the major spawns and resources are no-build zones. Hit and miss with "claiming" passes and tunnels. Sometimes they think it's a good excuse to PvP. Sometimes they don't like it and wreck your base.

Ofc some RP servers are nazi's about names and OOC chat and what not. You know how that goes.

Unofficially people will have rules against killing on sight (KoS). Even if it's not in the actual server rules people get shitty if you just run around trying to murder people, including admins. This is even true on official where there are no admins. I've seen T2-early T3 clans just get wiped right off the server by 3+ other clans because they killed people wantonly and then got toxic in chat.

Some servers have rules against raiding bases with no one online to defend, as well as reaching in windows and taking stuff off other people's stations and open chests, but that's 100% unenforceable. Speeding ticket kind of situation. Might get hit with it if the admin explicitly sees it and is in the mood to enforce, but it'll happen to you all the time and typically no one will do anything about it. Lock your chests and don't build walls with windows...
    Last edited by VKhaun; 12-10-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Are the only RP servers private servers or are there some official fun com servers with RP rule set?

I'm so addicted to this game lol. My brother and I are playing it together, we have a sizable home base, 2 small slaver camps and one large fortified slave camp.