+ Reply to Thread

Default What's everyone been up to?

I been lazy as shit the past few months, on account of getting sick (again) and dealing with the holidays. I'm amping up to finally try to finish the book I started on Royal Road so that I can publish it on Kindle Unlimited. I'm hoping to have it done and up by March. There is a very good chance our MIA boy Dumah might do the audiobook on audbile. He's a damn fine voice actor.

Anyways, other than that I been playing Pathfinder Kingmaker (still have't finished it lol) and Pillars II. Also, been reading a shit ton. Kindle Unlimited really is worth it if you are prolific reader. I recently started reading an "Alt Right" apoc book if you guys are interested. The one star reviews were fucking hilarious-- people got mad that the author had Obama destroy the country. I've also come across as super enjoyable series on KU that you guys might like as well called "The Good Guys". Book 1 is One More Last Time by Eric Ugland. It's fucking hysterical.

What have you shits been doing?
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon

Default Re: What's everyone been up to?

Mostly letting work rule my life. I keep ending up saying "X-Time Period was crazy busy!" when people ask where I've been. At some point it wasn't just a week or month or quarter anymore, it just became my life. Even when I'm not actually working, either I'm busy in my off time preparing to work a long stretch, catching up on stuff I didn't do while working or I just feel shitty and sleep or play Destiny 2. You'd think I'd be rich from all the OT but I keep spending money to make up for time. Take out food. Lots and lots of take out food. With my holiday trip done and all my bills paid I'm on the ropes money-wise. I'm not broke, but I'm low on savings. I've even maxed out a credit card which is bananas. I hate credit and it's never been over 50% before.

And after typing that I'm pretty sure I've typed the same thing before...
    Last edited by VKhaun; 01-04-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Omgz y'all not dead!

What have we been doing:

Star Citizen. This year for SC is probably going to be huge and what they have done since September is amazing. I keep trying to play games I've not finished, like FFXV but pretty much everything isn't holding my attention and Marou just plays SC.

We went strictly keto. Couldn't eat just meat anymore but it put us at a good place to do keto and not cheat, which we haven't and its been 7 and a half months since we started. I still have less than 20 carbs a day and have more weight to lose but Marou hit goal a few months ago and has to eat 40 to 50 carbs a day, he got down to 14% body fat and was still losing. He seems to have stabilized now, just needs to add more muscle. It will probably take me another year to get to where I need to be but this has turned into a permanent way of eating.

Other than that, nothing really. Marou works like 12 hours a day and most weekends. We watch horror movies a lot still. Shudder TV is a great streaming service for 4 dollars a month and has the best list of horror movies. I went on an obsessive Korean and Japanese skin care journey, with lots of research. Still on it really but like ain't no one here care about that.

So, same old shit really.
    In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of god hovering from above? Perhaps men have no control even over their own will.

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    Mostly letting work rule my life. I keep ending up saying "X-Time Period was crazy busy!" when people ask where I've been. At some point it wasn't just a week or month or quarter anymore, it just became my life. Even when I'm not actually working, either I'm busy in my off time preparing to work a long stretch, catching up on stuff I didn't do while working or I just feel shitty and sleep or play Destiny 2. You'd think I'd be rich from all the OT but I keep spending money to make up for time. Take out food. Lots and lots of take out food. With my holiday trip done and all my bills paid I'm on the ropes money-wise. I'm not broke, but I'm low on savings. I've even maxed out a credit card which is bananas. I hate credit and it's never been over 50% before.

And after typing that I'm pretty sure I've typed the same thing before...
    Nigga how much take out you buying? I ain't know you could put dumplings on lay-a-way.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon