+ Reply to Thread

Default Government shutdown

I've seen a lot of interesting theories pop up lately but I wouldn't bet money on any of them happening. What are your guys thoughts on it?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...down_trap.html

Default Re: Government shutdown

I didn't know about that particular detail but my suspicion has always been something along those lines. Democrat politicians want bigger/more government. While the news focuses on broadly applicable consequences like the TSA, the most profound effects I expect will disproportionately affect democrat citizens who tend to be more heavily affected due to interest/use of government programs. Everything seems to be in the red team's favor during a battle of attrition. Even in the most basic sense, eventually the cost of the shutdown will exceed the cost of his demand.
    Nowadays when people start to get killed by fireballs, no one says they need to dodge the fireball anymore; they say they need to go get a fire resist ring and some ice damage so they don't have to.

Default Re: Government shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    I didn't know about that particular detail but my suspicion has always been something along those lines. Democrat politicians want bigger/more government. While the news focuses on broadly applicable consequences like the TSA, the most profound effects I expect will disproportionately affect democrat citizens who tend to be more heavily affected due to interest/use of government programs. Everything seems to be in the red team's favor during a battle of attrition. Even in the most basic sense, eventually the cost of the shutdown will exceed the cost of his demand.

Yep, well said. I know its a meme about Trump and 4D chess, but the guy has never had to struggle to make them look stupid.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

"I do think that most atheists are fat out of shape faggots that would be ok with other men shagging their women. The few that can actually get a woman. General failures at life in every regard. " Zavon