+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Someone watched "The Dark Knight" EXACTLY the right amount of times...

Awesome title taken from Broken Toys... And totally appropriate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9YUeTTaVqo

TEST YOUR MIGHT!

Last edited by Zavon; 06-08-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Default Re: Someone watched "The Dark Knight" EXACTLY the right amount of times...

Ok, I enjoyed that.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Default Re: Someone watched "The Dark Knight" EXACTLY the right amount of times...

okay, i squealed like a little girl

in a totally awesome, manly sort of way

Wow wut? Mortal Kombat the way it should have been done the first time?
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon

It is so different(from what I saw), that I don't even consider it mortal kombat. Nevertheless, looks interesting.

EDIT: I like how they kill Johnny Cage before the movie even begins. lol
    Last edited by Stalis; 06-08-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod I want this movie so bad.

I need to go clean myself up now...

No Christopher Lambert?

Lacan Guest

God damnit, I'm so excited.
    Sucks they completely mutilated the original story line, but I'm still so excited!

Heres to Kanoe tearing hearts out!

I actually prefer the direction they took the story.

Sure, things are "off", but not so far off that it feels like they've butchered it.

Yeah I'm glad they took all that mystic bullshit out of it too. Its basically a movie about serial killers now, which is really all the mortal kombat people are anyways. Personally, I hope the include Kano in this new one. He and Kabal were always my favorite.

Ugh, just read on IMDB, the movie isn't going to be released until 2013.
    Last edited by Zavon; 06-08-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Awesome looking trailer.

Jeri Ryan was miscast though - she'd have made a far better Reptile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumah View Post
    Awesome looking trailer.

Jeri Ryan was miscast though - she'd have made a far better Reptile.

I lol'd. However, the trailer was genuinely excellent. I am entirely interested in seeing this movie. It looks like at least this time, they are trying.

The original story would have to be butchered. I mean, it was made for a video game, not to really be a great deep story. It's about time someone realized the sort of potential there really is in the MK universe, aside from following the same lame crap the games covered.

I don't think a tournament for serial killers is exactly a great deep story.

Overseeing a mass of self-replicating organic matter.

I think it's about as good as a Mortal Kombat movie could get. With that being said, it still looks like a mediocre movie at best (IMO).

I want to go to there.
    Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian View Post
    I think it's about as good as a Mortal Kombat movie could get. With that being said, it still looks like a mediocre movie at best (IMO).
    If I didn't remember when the original game came out, or the proceeding commercials for its sequels.. I might agree.

However. As mediocre as this movie has the potential to be, it actually looks an awful lot like what we wish the original was like. We all know what to expect from Mortal Kombat. This time, it might actually deliver, cinematically.

Plus, we're talking about a franchise who if they make a mediocre movie out of it, it's better than their previous attempts. An improvement, if you will.

Goddamn, if I'd known it was an actual movie I wouldn't have watched that. Figured it was a fan-movie with the "someone watched dark knight exactly the right amount of times" thing.

I think this is probably the best way to go with an MK movie though. To do all the mystic shit justice you'd probably need to make it an LOTR-length thing.

Wow. . . . time really took a sledge hammer to ol' 7 of 9, didn't it?

I don't think a tournament for serial killers is exactly a great deep story.
    Yeah. The plot is going to suck shit. . . . it's still a video game movie after all. The setting though. . . . the setting is what impresses me. I like dystopias.

Overseeing a mass of self-replicating organic matter.

The should've got Six from BSG for Sonia. Preferably the lesbian iteration with the straight hair and sexy glasses.

The should've got Six from BSG for Sonia.
    Yeeeeuh

Looks like this movie isn't even in development. This was just the pitch that the director sent into Warner Brothers, and they haven't OK'd the idea yet.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=15449

Warner brothers better pick that shit up, i'll nerd rage all over the interwebs if they dont.

There are plenty of action movies with almost no plots that rock. I think for badass fighting games -> movies, less plot is more. The characters are what's cool about it.