+ Reply to Thread

Default Star Wars: The Old Republic New Playable Species

Star Wars: The Old Republic just announced four new Species that will be playable. These four non-human species are Sith Pureblood (red skinned, excel as Sith Warriors), Miraluka (near human with no eyes, excel as Jedi Knights), Mirialans (green skinned with facial tattoos, excel as Jedi Consulars), and Zabraks (Darth Maul was one, excel as Sith Inquisitors). See screen shots and more info in the News Article on the Official Star Wars: The Old Republic website.

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic New Playable Species

My SI is totally going to be a Zabrak since I wanted to go the path of darth maul with that class anyway .

Bioware is truly the master of innovation. Behold as The Old Republic allows you to play five shades of human instead of one!

I always did find it was strange that in so many forms of science fiction most aliens are just humans with slight variation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalis View Post
    I always did find it was strange that in so many forms of science fiction most aliens are just humans with slight variation.
    I just find it a bit unsettling that you take Star Wars, a setting that made a lot of impact by showing a glimpse of a dangerous, unknown universe (as opposed to Star Trek's much more human one), and give players the choice of playing the most anthro-centric races possible. I understand using species that are quadrupedal, but where are the Rodians? Mon Cals? Ithorians? Wookies? Bothans? Neimoidians? Gungans (Jar-Jar was a retard, but the actual Gungan Warriors in the underwater city were pretty badass)?

There's a lot of cool possibilities, but it's disappointing to take a look at this page and see six palette swaps plus Twi'lek and Zabrak.

My guess would be a desire not to make X number of models for any given piece of gear.
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Ero Elohim View Post
    Bioware is truly the master of innovation. Behold as The Old Republic allows you to play five shades of human instead of one!
    I lol'd at the truth of it.
    "Nah man, a Paladin has to play fair and by the rules. Do you really see Silly not attacking a weakened opponent? Or rather, not exploiting a weakness to take an enemy down? He'd totally do that. It's the law of the jungle with Silly, even if he does have faith. I think he's principled, just not merciful." - Zavon