+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Showing Off What the Portuguese Do in Indian Ocean

Protecting a port can work the opposite way to right? What I mean is ex. say we used art to make a hole in Calicut, now we really wanted to sell carpets which sell for better. Now we want to load pepper, since we created a hole in the market isnt it assumable that we fixed the price of pepper as well? meaning that even if we keep buying (without purchase orders) the price of pepper would stay the same?
    "War needs no reason for War is the reason." Tempus Lord Of Battles
    "Its only hubris if I fail." Julius Ceasar
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche
    "A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men." Plato
    “The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.” Dante Alighieri quote

Faro and Ceuta have spices, so they do not drop when you are damping.

Oh good so we can drop pepper there with no reduction in price. But what I mean is if we create a hole in lets say Calicut, would that hole stabilize the price of pepper? What I mean is when we make the hole the price of pepper stays stable?
    "War needs no reason for War is the reason." Tempus Lord Of Battles
    "Its only hubris if I fail." Julius Ceasar
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche
    "A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men." Plato
    “The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.” Dante Alighieri quote

Quote Originally Posted by demiclise View Post
    Protecting a port can work the opposite way to right? What I mean is ex. say we used art to make a hole in Calicut, now we really wanted to sell carpets which sell for better. Now we want to load pepper, since we created a hole in the market isnt it assumable that we fixed the price of pepper as well? meaning that even if we keep buying (without purchase orders) the price of pepper would stay the same?
    Sometimes, although very rare, you can cause price rises by overbuying, But if we create a price drop first in Calicut with Artworks for example, the price of the Pepper would stay stable.

HERE is another post from the UWO forums explaining how the prices can be protected as described earlier in this thread.