View Poll Results: Do you think StarWarsTheOldRepublic will be a good mmo?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • The best they'll ever be!

1 5.56%
  • Yeah lookspreety fun!

3 16.67%
  • ehh it looks ok.

4 22.22%
  • i dont think im going to play it.

4 22.22%
  • This gamelooks like its gunna blow!

6 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
    savagewookie Guest

Exclamation Star Wars The Old Republic + Biowware=Epic

Is it just me or does SWtor(StarWarsTheOldRepublic) look absoultely amzing. the abblitie to chose your own desinty, or play a grey jedi/sith or maybe you just want to tote a gun around so you becom a bountyhunter/soldier. Plus your home is a spaceships that you can use on missions! I just felt that SWtor was needing some love on these threads because everybody seems to be overlooking a great game (;

/Marou: Good will towards men smash? Spamming your retardation everywhere will not score you Vindictus key. Die in a fire.

Default Re: Star Wars The Old Republic + Biowware=Epic

Looks terrible to me.

Overseeing a mass of self-replicating organic matter.

It's WoW star wars. Big fucking deal. It's not doing anything revolutionary.

It looks -ok- if you're looking for WoWars, but if you played SWG when it was awesomesauce, this looks like a steaming pile of shit.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Bioware decided to stick with the whole "every group needs a tank, healing, and DPS" train of thought. The might be mitigating this somewhat with their companions, but it's still something that I really don't feel is particularly Star Wars-y. A Jedi should never be told to stand in the back and heal and, from the little I heard, this could very well happen. This is definitely a game that could have benefited from some City of Heroes/Villains type support classes where the group is primary kept alive through means other than green number spam.

90% of the people who's opinion I give a damn about (off this site included), seem to think this'll be WoW, star-wars style. Which means it could go in two directions...

1: It'll end up like every other WoW clone, which'll be nothing special and may even kill it.

2: It'll do what WoW did, when WoW was a "DAoC/EQ" clone, and rather than try to be anything special, it'll take all the improvements since WoW, and polish them to a shiny gleam.

Now, considering the amount of "OMGTHIS'LLBEAWESOME" people I see raving about this game, 2 may be a possibility...or they may just be spellbound by the teasers/trailers/well-marketed information and end up bitterly disappointed. I honestly haven't looked into the game enough to know which it'll be.

I like the idea of a story based PvE questing game, so I am looking forward to SWTOR. I don't need something revolutionary, I just want fun, and Jedi are the coolest fighter-mages in gaming.
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

I'm not going to play another MMO ever again just because of the huge time investment required and the negative impact I find it has on my health/life. I much prefer a game where all the time I need to have fun is 15-45 mins at a time.

"It is my conclusion that all the manly french got sick of hairy pits, moved to North America and got some grade a indian poon, which directly resulted in the pathetic showing of french military might in the following centuries" - Norska

I am 50/50 on this game. It has potential to be awesome but, it is looking more and more like WoW with a Star Wars skin. Although Space Combat intrigues me with a well done "ground" game. Kind of the problem I had with STO was it was nothing but Space Combat. The Away Team crap was lackluster at best.

Time will show us what will it be... But I hope it will ok.
    "He who controls the Past controls the Future, and He who controls the Present controls the Past"

SWG was awesome the first few years.. too bad I didn't get to play it as much as I'd liked.

I really hope it goes well since I'm a KoToR fan

The thing that torpedoed SWTOR for alot of us were gameplay videos that look just like WoW, followed by this interview: http://mmo.catacombs.com/showthread....th-Mass-Effect
    "The argument that “people now have more freedom than ever” is based on the fact that we are allowed to do almost anything we please as long as it has no practical consequences."