+ Reply to Thread

Default World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ in Stores Starting December 7

Press Release hit BusinessWire.com announcing the release date for Cataclysm:
    World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM) in Stores Starting December 7

IRVINE, Calif., Oct 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM), the highly anticipated third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game*, will be released starting on December 7, 2010. The expansion will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows(R) XP/Windows Vista(R)/Windows(R) 7 and Macintosh(R) at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store. A special Collector's Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99.

"Cataclysm includes the best content we've ever created for World of Warcraft. It's not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the help of our beta testers, we're putting on the final polish, and we look forward to welcoming gamers around the world to enjoy it in just a couple of months."

The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade(R) and Wrath of the Lich King(R), each shattered PC game sales records upon their release.* In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races — worgen and goblins — will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. Visit the official Battle.net(R) website at http://www.battle.net to set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate. To learn more about World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.

Default Re: World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ in Stores Starting December 7

I'm going to miss the Barrens.....
    -Make America Nazi Free!

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

I miss vanilla wow when the game was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    I miss vanilla wow when the game was fun.
    Maybe Cataclysm will be too. Can you define what "fun" means to you? What elements make up "fun"? I know this expansion is supposed to be closer to vanilla's difficulty level than BC/WOTLK, which seems to be peaking the interest of a lot of ex-WoWers.

I'm so glad they redid the 1-60 content. I'm looking forward to replacing my retarded looking draenei (male) with something new.

I doubt Blizzard will do anything to make the game live up to the diffculty that was vanilla wow had. Add the fact that world pvp died when bc came out and
    I won't ever be returning to WoW. I still miss pvping in blackrock on my t1 dagger rogue.

World pvp died when bgs were released, it was a sad sad day. City raids stopped and instead you had 50 people standing infront of their WSG portal waiting for their little capture the flag game.

The only redeeming factor was when they released AV. Those fights were epic. I came back to test out BC/WoTLK and find that AV was reduced to nothing but a pathetic zerg rush. WG was fun, but you had to wait so fucking long between "matches" that it was retarded. I'm pretty much done with the carrot on the stick mentality, though the explorer in me does want to see the changed world.

Then again, I've grinded through a lot of shitty MMO's just to explore an interesting game world. EQ2 and Vanguard, for instance. It seems I get the most joy out of that, which in some ways I do feel flying mounts limit. It makes getting to unique places retardedly easy.

I am in a World PvP Guild. World PvP happens all the time on Emerald Dream. Our guild even has multipile events each week just for World PvP. That is the only regularly scheduled events in the guild.

Emerald Dream is known for its World PvP. We have some epic battles. Most of the time the Horde win as the Alliance are inept. There are some dedicated Alliance Guilds they show up and die any way (yes I am one of them).

Eh I was never into the tarren mill/southshore zerg fights. Black Rock Mountain was my home as a rogue, lots and lots and lots of solo/duo/group fighting there until BC came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
    Eh I was never into the tarren mill/southshore zerg fights. Black Rock Mountain was my home as a rogue, lots and lots and lots of solo/duo/group fighting there until BC came out.
    Who said anything about Tarren Mill? :P

You make it sound like it's BRM or nothing. Then again, considering it's the site of a new dungeon and raid, there may yet be PvP to be had there.

I will most likely try this game again, Hopefully Cataclysm will be the redeeming factor in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Who said anything about Tarren Mill? :P

You make it sound like it's BRM or nothing. Then again, considering it's the site of a new dungeon and raid, there may yet be PvP to be had there.
    That's where the vast majority of my pvp happened, between kargath and brm. Occasionally I'd venture out into east/west plaguelands/silithus/desolace/feralas to look for 60s running their respective instances there but for the most part I was hunting people heading into ubrs/lbrs/bwl/mc in blackrock mountain.

never liked WoW

"It is my conclusion that all the manly french got sick of hairy pits, moved to North America and got some grade a indian poon, which directly resulted in the pathetic showing of french military might in the following centuries" - Norska

I'm looking forward to Cataclysm. I just wrapped up everything I wanted to do in Wrath (finished my tier 10 armor and downed the Lich King) so now I'm waiting for more content. Oh, look, DAoC is free for 14 days.

The only way I would come back to WoW is if I didn't have to get in on the ground floor as far as gear was concerned. I wouldn't mind leveling up another character, but there's no way in hell I'm going through all the gating and gear grinding. And since the whole game is based on that, I guess I'll be passing on Cataclysm.

Game is so braindead easy now that getting geared shouldn't be a problem.

Not a problem, just a hassle and a time sink that I don't want to have to bother with.

It's not even a hassle anymore. When I got back into it for a little while in April, my Priest hit 80 and was knocking on the door of Icecrown in three days. Granted, it was during a school break, so I had time to splurge, but I wasn't playing any more than about six hours a day. You could do what I did in a week or two playing an hour or two a night.

WoW is the fast food of mmos. Its cheap convenient and heavily marketed. After getting that toxic shit out of my system, I don't want to ever do that to myself again. I need a fucking steak guys.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Zavon View Post
    WoW is the fast food of mmos. Its cheap convenient and heavily marketed. After getting that toxic shit out of my system, I don't want to ever do that to myself again. I need a fucking steak guys.
    I consider it more like the Cheesecake Factory of MMOs. It's convenient, well known, and serves better food than 90% of its competitors, but because it's trendy and popular, people will hate on it.

There are MMOs that do a few things better than WoW, but almost all of them fail in every other area. They may have better PvP or something, but the rest of their game is so unbearable that you're better off not playing anything. I have yet to play an MMO that's as put-together, bug free, intuitive, and just all around a "good game" as WoW is.

And id say other mmos are like italian or chinese, nice every now and again but not something you wasn't to eat every night. I don't see wow as being superior to any mmo ive played recently.
    "Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." ~ Voltaire

If you have sex with a Chinese, will you be horny an hour later?